Trump finally fires James Comey

rexlunae

I want to bring up another little-noticed point about the Comey situation. Apparently, at a private dinner with Comey, Trump asked Comey for his loyalty:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html

Which reminds me a bit of this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_oath

Civil servants of the United States serve the Constitution, as does the President. Before you can make the rank and file swear personal allegiance to a leader, you need a core of loyal supporters in high office. There is a formula for shutting down a democracy, and it is being followed.

If you're a Trump supporter, imagine if you can how you would have reacted if Obama had been making people pledge their loyalty to him.

Danoh

All they ever had is fake news.

:think:

Trump's entire career has been one moment by moment bit of fake news after another.

The guy was made to order for a government ever awash in revisionist history - on the part of far too many on all sides of its' ever over crowded aisles.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Too funny Jeffrey. In reality it's Donald Trump's close ties to Russia that had him so very worried. In fact he ASKED Comey 3 times if he were under investigation.

Mr Trump said on Thursday that he had asked Mr Comey directly if he was being investigated, noting that he spoke with Comey once over dinner and twice by phone.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/11/donald-trump-slams-james-comey-showboat-says-fbi-turmoil/

The lying sociopath-wannabe dictator can fire as many people as he wants to, but the truth will eventually come out and Donald Trump's Presidency will end in disgrace.

Trump-putin-image.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Clapper: ‘Uneasy’ Comey Told Me Trump Invited Him To White House Dinner

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Friday directly contradicted President Trump’s claim that ousted FBI Director James Comey had asked Trump to have dinner a week after the President’s inauguration to ask to keep his job. He said that Comey told him he was “uneasy” about attending the dinner.

Trump told NBC’s Lester Holt on Thursday that Comey had requested to have dinner with him, and that he asked Trump at the dinner to keep him in his post as FBI director.

Multiple unnamed sources told the New York Times and NBC News after that interview that not only did Trump summon Comey to dinner on Jan. 27 and not the other way around, but also that Trump had asked at the dinner for Comey to pledge his loyalty to him. Comey reportedly refused.

He doesn't care if he lies, he's brazen about it - he knows his base will plug their ears and say "fake news, fake news, la la la la la..."

He knew it back when he said he could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot someone and they'd still vote for him.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He knew it back when he said he could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot someone and they'd still vote for him.

depends who he shot

if he shot bill and hillary or al sharpton or jesse jackson or al gore, i'd vote for him for president for life :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clapper: ‘Uneasy’ Comey Told Me Trump Invited Him To White House Dinner

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Friday directly contradicted President Trump’s claim that ousted FBI Director James Comey had asked Trump to have dinner a week after the President’s inauguration to ask to keep his job. He said that Comey told him he was “uneasy” about attending the dinner.

Trump told NBC’s Lester Holt on Thursday that Comey had requested to have dinner with him, and that he asked Trump at the dinner to keep him in his post as FBI director.

Multiple unnamed sources told the New York Times and NBC News after that interview that not only did Trump summon Comey to dinner on Jan. 27 and not the other way around, but also that Trump had asked at the dinner for Comey to pledge his loyalty to him. Comey reportedly refused.

He doesn't care if he lies, he's brazen about it - he knows his base will plug their ears and say "fake news, fake news, la la la la la..."

The big difference is that unlike his tax returns, his brazen interference with a federal investigation has been on display for all to see. I am THRILLED that he decided to pick a fight with the FBI.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The big difference is that unlike his tax returns, his brazen interference with a federal investigation has been on display for all to see. I am THRILLED that he decided to pick a fight with the FBI.

It's an attempt to dismantle our system of governance, which is being cheered on (irrationally), by a brainwashed base chanting their mantra for their feckless leader:

"fake news, fake news, Hillary, Barack Hussein, fake news, fake news, Hillary, Barack Hussein... Muslims, border wall, fake news, Hillary, Hillary, Hillary...."