Trump finally fires James Comey

Danoh

The big difference is that unlike his tax returns, his brazen interference with a federal investigation has been on display for all to see. I am THRILLED that he decided to pick a fight with the FBI.

Yep; the last, powerful, raging megalomaniac New Yorker to try nonsense with the FBI - John "Teflon Don" Gotti - ended up rotting in prison.

Gotti then spent the remainder of his days bragging to anyone within ear shot how he had outwitted the FBI before they brought him down.

Trump is goin down.

All the while; enjoying the attention.

And as Nixon's following proved; and as with those still loyal to the still in prison, Rod Blagojevich; some of their supporters are no different in their blind need to support such no matter what, than those who become fans of the likes of serial killers like Richard Ramirez.

There is no rhyme nor reason to such.

rexlunae

The big difference is that unlike his tax returns, his brazen interference with a federal investigation has been on display for all to see. I am THRILLED that he decided to pick a fight with the FBI.

I'd be thrilled too if I were confident who would win. We're in a very dangerous place, and his use of personal loyalty oaths represents what looks to me like an administrative coup against the Constitutional order, and it virtually guarantees that anyone he puts in that position will be both in a position to sabotage this investigation and an unquestioning Trump loyalist. That's contrary to the intention of the design of the FBI, and it could really undermine the chance of ever getting a meaningful investigation done, as the Congressional investigations rely on FBI agents to gather information.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
our system of governance is corrupt and broken and deserves to be dismantled

and trump's just the man for the job! :banana:

Presidential oath of office: "I, Donald J. Trump, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States - so help me God."

Trump. and his supporters, appear to have forgotten his presidential oath!

ClimateSanity

Yep; the last, powerful, raging megalomaniac New Yorker to try nonsense with the FBI - John "Teflon Don" Gotti - ended up rotting in prison.

Gotti then spent the remainder of his days bragging to anyone within ear shot how he had outwitted the FBI before they brought him down.

Trump is goin down.

All the while; enjoying the attention.

And as Nixon's following proved; and as with those still loyal to the still in prison, Rod Blagojevich; some of their supporters are no different in their blind need to support such no matter what, than those who become fans of the likes of serial killers like Richard Ramirez.

There is no rhyme nor reason to such.
Where is this interference with a federal investigation? I don't see it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I want to bring up another little-noticed point about the Comey situation. Apparently, at a private dinner with Comey, Trump asked Comey for his loyalty:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html

Which reminds me a bit of this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_oath

Civil servants of the United States serve the Constitution, as does the President. Before you can make the rank and file swear personal allegiance to a leader, you need a core of loyal supporters in high office. There is a formula for shutting down a democracy, and it is being followed.

If you're a Trump supporter, imagine if you can how you would have reacted if Obama had been making people pledge their loyalty to him.
Go to the website www.hail-hydra.com and see what happens. :devil:

:chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd be thrilled too if I were confident who would win. We're in a very dangerous place, and his use of personal loyalty oaths represents what looks to me like an administrative coup against the Constitutional order, and it virtually guarantees that anyone he puts in that position will be both in a position to sabotage this investigation and an unquestioning Trump loyalist. That's contrary to the intention of the design of the FBI, and it could really undermine the chance of ever getting a meaningful investigation done, as the Congressional investigations rely on FBI agents to gather information.

Good point. The best hope is that his dwindling approval rating and the anger at town halls against the GOP will wake his henchman up enough to realize THEIR seats are in jeopardy.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"For generations, Republicans have impugned their opponents’ patriotism. During the Cold War, they claimed that Democrats were soft on Communism; after 9/11, that they were soft on terrorism.

But now we have what may be the real thing: circumstantial evidence that a hostile foreign power may have colluded with a U.S. presidential campaign, and may retain undue influence at the highest levels of our government. And all those self-proclaimed patriots have gone silent, or worse."

--Paul Krugman

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hidden Clues In The Trump-Comey Drama: It's Worse Than You Think

In short, Trump is getting expert guidance. One can continue disbelieving one's eyes because the whole notion seems so preposterous. Until, it's a fait accompli. But surely, one might think, nothing like this can be happening to the indomitably democratic United States. This isn't Venezuela or Turkey, after all. True enough. The audacious scenario may yet be foiled. The American system is likely too transparent and too sensitive to public oversight. But just because such a plot might be foiled doesn't mean it's not happening. Consider one indelible detail: Trump recieves Lavrov publicly at the height of the outcry, the two of them laughing, backslapping, making a lurid display of triumph. Classic Putinist Theater. Commit every outrage openly but distort the optics so the public just can't believe what it sees. Rub their noses in it but continue to obfuscate. Hence the 'little green men' of the Crimea invasion, the 'popular uprising' in Ukraine's Donbass, the 'accidental' shoot-down of civilian airliner MH-17, the thinly disguised cyber-assaults on Western elections. You're witnessing a particularly distinctive KGB psy-ops technique infused with that tell-tale element of sadism. Attack, then laugh in their faces. We're talking about a kind of psychological fingerprint, a style, emanating out of a specific center of power.

Still incredulous? We will soon know from whatever legal and political time-delay fuses Comey left behind. Word is leaking profusely that multiple indictment-requests from the FBI to the Justice Department will emerge soonest. It's very curious that Comey demanded fresh resources from Justice to pursue Kremlingate. He didn't have sufficient manpower? Or finances? Hard to believe. In fact, the request seems so odd that I fully believe he did indeed make the request. Because it tells a story. Comey likely wanted to lay a trail. He passed the buck to the Justice Department so that no one could accuse him of inaction, the kind of inaction that Trumpsters wanted. He had waited long enough. He had prepared the groundwork. Now he needed to make it clear where the obstacle lay: not with him but with the Attorney General's office. They, in turn, are now backtracking on their role in firing Comey, at least Rod Rosenstein is. He denies pushing for Comey's resignation despite the evidence of his letter. He blames Trump. Trump takes credit. He's the strong leader amid the chaos he created.
All of which may indicate that the American system is healthy and transparent and working fine. Or that the plan to deadlock the gears is well under way.

Danoh

Where is this interference with a federal investigation? I don't see it.

And your kind never do.

Just as when I pointed you to evidence on those youtube videos I'd posted showing that...

Trump's is a life-long political and financial corruption; incompetence and its' cover up; all in the service of his severely out of touch with reality - narcissism.

And that the man is simply incapable of uttering three words without setting himself off into one lie after another.

Your reply was one deflection after another.

You are nothing more than a male version of Kellyanne.

Cracks me up every time you post your supposed mind read of Trump's mind.

Your kind are ever the fool.

As with Musti-odor's one side diatribe on the fool thread of his in which he moronicly rants on about who wanted Comey to resign and now what.

What a moron.

Your kind see only what you desperately need to.

rexlunae

Hidden Clues In The Trump-Comey Drama: It's Worse Than You Think

In short, Trump is getting expert guidance. One can continue disbelieving one's eyes because the whole notion seems so preposterous. Until, it's a fait accompli. But surely, one might think, nothing like this can be happening to the indomitably democratic United States. This isn't Venezuela or Turkey, after all. True enough. The audacious scenario may yet be foiled. The American system is likely too transparent and too sensitive to public oversight. But just because such a plot might be foiled doesn't mean it's not happening. Consider one indelible detail: Trump recieves Lavrov publicly at the height of the outcry, the two of them laughing, backslapping, making a lurid display of triumph. Classic Putinist Theater. Commit every outrage openly but distort the optics so the public just can't believe what it sees. Rub their noses in it but continue to obfuscate. Hence the 'little green men' of the Crimea invasion, the 'popular uprising' in Ukraine's Donbass, the 'accidental' shoot-down of civilian airliner MH-17, the thinly disguised cyber-assaults on Western elections. You're witnessing a particularly distinctive KGB psy-ops technique infused with that tell-tale element of sadism. Attack, then laugh in their faces. We're talking about a kind of psychological fingerprint, a style, emanating out of a specific center of power.

Still incredulous? We will soon know from whatever legal and political time-delay fuses Comey left behind. Word is leaking profusely that multiple indictment-requests from the FBI to the Justice Department will emerge soonest. It's very curious that Comey demanded fresh resources from Justice to pursue Kremlingate. He didn't have sufficient manpower? Or finances? Hard to believe. In fact, the request seems so odd that I fully believe he did indeed make the request. Because it tells a story. Comey likely wanted to lay a trail. He passed the buck to the Justice Department so that no one could accuse him of inaction, the kind of inaction that Trumpsters wanted. He had waited long enough. He had prepared the groundwork. Now he needed to make it clear where the obstacle lay: not with him but with the Attorney General's office. They, in turn, are now backtracking on their role in firing Comey, at least Rod Rosenstein is. He denies pushing for Comey's resignation despite the evidence of his letter. He blames Trump. Trump takes credit. He's the strong leader amid the chaos he created.
All of which may indicate that the American system is healthy and transparent and working fine. Or that the plan to deadlock the gears is well under way.

This. This is what's going on, exactly.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
As with Musti-odor's one side diatribe on the fool thread of his in which he moronicly rants on about who wanted Comey to resign and now what.

Yeah. Just like Trump, they can't let go of the Clinton narrative. This isn't about Comey and Hillary. (And this is an entirely different scenario than if Trump had fired Comey on January 21.)

This is about Trump and obstruction of justice, tweeted threats, presidential lies... come on - they're lies.

And the right-wingers pretend they don't know.
hear_no_evil__see_no_evil__speak_no_whaaaa_by_sweetmonkeystudios-d6xdmhb.jpg

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Presidential oath of office: "I, Donald J. Trump, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States - so help me God."

Trump. and his supporters, appear to have forgotten his presidential oath!

if trump's actions are unconstitutional, you have the case for impeachment

i suspect i'll need to stock up

1f2772dad9d2c53bf28ec351dfd4785e_img-big-bag-of-popcorn-meme_1000-548.jpeg

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah. Just like Trump, they can't let go of the Clinton narrative. This isn't about Comey and Hillary. (And this is an entirely different scenario than if Trump had fired Comey on January 21.)

This is about Trump and obstruction of justice, tweeted threats, presidential lies... come on - they're lies.

And the right-wingers pretend they don't know.

Trump decided to fire Comey after he became aware that he could not control him. Otherwise, he would have fired him in January. Besides Trump admitted he wanted the investigation to go away and was extremely angry after Comey testified