toldailytopic: Women preaching from the pulpit. Is it wrong?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Quite simply, women teaching men in a church is an act of rebellion.

AMR

Acts 18:24 Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, arrived in Ephesus. He was an eloquent speaker, well-versed in the scriptures. 18:25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and with great enthusiasm he spoke and taught accurately the facts about Jesus, although he knew only the baptism of John. 18:26 He began to speak out fearlessly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained the way of God to him more accurately.

Thats a woman pastor teaching a man right there. Pricilla was a copastor with aquila. Even if you dont agree that she was pastor, you are still seeing a woman teaching a man there in the church.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Give me proof that overrides what Paul stated in Corinthians??

Women cannot be both silent and pray and prophecy in the church. Impossible. That itself shows also your position is errant. Ive already explained Pauls silence instruction there. Those are not overall church guidelines but a letter to a specific church issue, and that was women calling out to their husbands for understanding of what they for the first time was learning. They were disrupting the teachings with questions.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Women cannot be both silent and pray and prophecy in the church. Impossible. That itself shows also your position is errant. Ive already explained Pauls silence instruction there. Those are not overall church guidelines but a letter to a specific church issue, and that was women calling out to their husbands for understanding of what they for the first time was learning. They were disrupting the teachings with questions.[/QUOT

Nope you're quite mistaken about that. Paul was setting guidelines that are still in force today in spite of feminist opposition to the truth...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Women cannot be both silent and pray and prophecy in the church. Impossible. That itself shows also your position is errant. Ive already explained Pauls silence instruction there. Those are not overall church guidelines but a letter to a specific church issue, and that was women calling out to their husbands for understanding of what they for the first time was learning. They were disrupting the teachings with questions.[/QUOT

Nope you're quite mistaken about that. Paul was setting guidelines that are still in force today in spite of feminist opposition to the truth...

You can say whatever you want, but it doesn't match scripture. I agree that the letters Paul wrote to the churches sets many guidelines for the church, but the issue about women being silent isnt one of them, that was a specific contextual issue of the early church to handle a specific issue, and because context shows women both praying and prophesying in church too in the same book, makes it clear to anyone with an honest mind that women weren't to be silent outright.

Prophesying by the way is teaching also. And then there is that specific verse of Priscilla teaching Apollos.

Now, do i think it wise in most cases for women to be pastors? No. Not if they have a family because then that violates scripture on the christian home.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You can say whatever you want, but it doesn't match scripture. I agree that the letters Paul wrote to the churches sets many guidelines for the church, but the issue about women being silent isnt one of them, that was a specific contextual issue of the early church to handle a specific issue, and because context shows women both praying and prophesying in church too in the same book, makes it clear to anyone with an honest mind that women weren't to be silent outright.

Prophesying by the way is teaching also. And then there is that specific verse of Priscilla teaching Apollos.

Now, do i think it wise in most cases for women to be pastors? No. Not if they have a family because then that violates scripture on the christian home.

The truth is, you cannot give me Scriptures that back up your, mere opinions...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Also where in Scripture does it say the women were yelling to their husbands for answers?? Chapter and verse please??

Everything about history isn't written in scripture. You actually have to study what was happening at the time to get the context of something. If you don't want to, thats up to you.

Besides, you believe that a woman cannot teach a man, so look it up for yourself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Where in Scripture does it state that Priscilla taught Apollos within the church?? Chapter and verse please. So far you've given only your opinion...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Everything about history isn't written in scripture. You actually have to study what was happening at the time to get the context of something. If you don't want to, thats up to you.

Besides, you believe that a woman cannot teach a man, so look it up for yourself.

If it's not in the Scripture than I don't buy what you're saying and neither will any other true Christian...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The truth is, you cannot give me Scriptures that back up your, mere opinions...

Are you all there? A letter is a response to another letter, scripture doesn't contain the letters Paul was writing back about, you have to study for history and context.

Its not my opinion, its history. If you cant understand that a woman cannot be both silent and openly pray and prophecy in church at the same time, then nothing i say can help you.

That issue alone should be enough to tell you your position is one of ripping one verse from context and using it to say something that conflicts with the rest of the SAME book of Corinthians its in even.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Are you all there? A letter is a response to another letter, scripture doesn't contain the letters Paul was writing back about, you have to study for history and context.

Its not my opinion, its history. If you cant understand that a woman cannot be both silent and openly pray and prophecy in church at the same time, then nothing i say can help you.

That issue alone should be enough to tell you your position is one of ripping one verse from context and using it to say something that conflicts with the rest of the SAME book of Corinthians its in even.

Where do we find these "mysterious" letters you speak of???