toldailytopic: Women preaching from the pulpit. Is it wrong?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Spare me your sarcasm.

What you are saying is that Balaam could be taught by a donkey, but you cannot be taught by a woman.

Did your mother not teach you the gospel, sir?

Those verses in Corinthians speak of not permitting a woman to preach or teach within the confines of a "church setting" Outside of that setting is fine. You have to distinguish the difference between those two separate scenarios...In the church men preach an teach, outside of the church men and women can teach each other... It's the way it is, accept or not...

elohiym

Those verses in Corinthians speak of not permitting a woman to preach or teach within the confines of a "church setting" Outside of that setting is fine. You have to distinguish the difference between those two separate scenarios...In the church men preach an teach, outside of the church men and women can teach each other... It's the way it is, accept or not...

God is not the author of confusion. What you state above sounds like confusion, in my opinion.

elohiym

I'll take a "stab" at answering your question. It in my opinion it deals with the law that a wife should be submissive to her husband. It's only an opinion and open to debate...

Without knowing exactly what law Paul was writing about we cannot know with certainty what he meant regarding women being silent, in my opinion.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Without knowing exactly what law Paul was writing about we cannot know with certainty what he meant regarding women being silent, in my opinion.

I believe if Paul set up this standard, then we should abide by it. We don't have to totally understand a rule or law; we just need to be obedient to it...

elohiym

It's real simple to understand what Paul is saying.

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

elohiym

I believe if Paul set up this standard, then we should abide by it. We don't have to totally understand a rule or law; we just need to be obedient to it...

First, you have yet to prove it's a standard, rule or law. Second, you have yet to show the law Paul is referencing to support your claim.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
First, you have yet to prove it's a standard, rule or law. Second, you have yet to show the law Paul is referencing to support your claim.

The standard that Paul puts forth, is that women should remain silent in a church setting. It's really not that difficult to understand unless you have comprehension problems...

sky.

BANNED
Banned
The standard that Paul puts forth, is that women should remain silent in a church setting.

From what I have studied. That isn't quite true. Elders are in charge of both the local church service in which women are not allowed to preach to the body but they can speak. They can give testimony and speak on behalf of Children's ministry and different things in women's ministry and happenings that they are involved in but this should be discussed or at least kept an eye on by the lead elder, the Pastor. All elders in a church should be male.

Where a woman is to be silent is in a "meeting of the church". If the elders call a meeting for prayer or business and a woman is invited and wants to attend she can but she should keep silent. A woman can go to agree in prayer by her presence. Or to serve the elders in a certain capacity.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is it right for a woman to be head of the family? Now answer the question; Is it right for women to head the Church in a pastoral office?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
From what I have studied. That isn't quite true. Elders are in charge of both the local church service in which women are not allowed to preach to the body but they can speak. They can give testimony and speak on behalf of Children's ministry and different things in women's ministry and happenings that they are involved in but this should be discussed or at least kept an eye on by the lead elder, the Pastor. All elders in a church should be male.

Where a woman is to be silent is in a "meeting of the church". If the elders call a meeting for prayer or business and a woman is invited and wants to attend she can but she should keep silent. A woman can go to agree in prayer by her presence. Or to serve the elders in a certain capacity.

Actually that's not in disagreement with what I've already stated.