toldailytopic: Women preaching from the pulpit. Is it wrong?

elohiym

1 Timothy 2:12

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

If God can appoint some women prophets, he can appoint some women teachers.

Guildenstern

Females have played the role of prophetess in the past. Besides that, they are messengers of God in even non-prophetic terms. I fundamentally disbelieve that 'ministers' are offices that necessitate authority, so this thread is a moot point for a first-century Christian.

At best, churches today need to be worried about how their suppression of women's rights looks in front of the rest of the world. Let's just say there's a reason the Church is a dying business and is viewed as a detestable thing among the nations...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If you believe God forbade women from preaching and teaching, why do you think he did that?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

What is the law mentioned?

The Berean

Females have played the role of prophetess in the past. Besides that, they are messengers of God in even non-prophetic terms. I fundamentally disbelieve that 'ministers' are offices that necessitate authority, so this thread is a moot point for a first-century Christian.

At best, churches today need to be worried about how their suppression of women's rights looks in front of the rest of the world. Let's just say there's a reason the Church is a dying business and is viewed as a detestable thing among the nations...

I wasn't aware that being a preacher is a "woman's right"?

elohiym

According to God's word, He's already chosen to have no woman pastors...

First, you need to distinguish between pastors and teaches, as Paul appears to. Do you really know what the underlying Greek words Paul is using mean?

Second, where does it state in the Bible that God has chosen to have no woman pastors? And what do you mean by pastor?

Third, do you acknowledge that God has appointed women prophets?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
First, you need to distinguish between pastors and teaches, as Paul appears to. Do you really know what the underlying Greek words Paul is using mean?

Second, where does it state in the Bible that God has chosen to have no woman pastors? And what do you mean by pastor?

Third, do you acknowledge that God has appointed women prophets?

1 Corinthians 14:34---

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted to them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also said the law.

According to this rule, it would be difficult for a woman to be teaching or preaching to men. Godly women abide by this. Ungodly women will become angry and be insulted. That's just the way it is, like it or not...

elohiym

1 Corinthians 14:34---

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted to them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also said the law.

According to this rule, it would be difficult for a woman to be teaching or preaching to men.

It's not a rule, and I don't believe you are interpreting Paul's words correctly.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned

Oh how unfair! How unequal! Women can't go in front of a church and preach the wisdom of a god which tells women not to preach!
Oh my geez! Oh my lawd!
So detestable, destable detestable!

..detestable

That is, a woman not being able to abide something so easy to abide because of feminazi retards not knowing life is already a glass palace for them.

eameece

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

If Paul says women should not speak or preach, that only shows how out of date Paul is. Christianity grew up in the patriarchal era; that era is over.

That so many people here don't agree, shows how retrograde many of you guys are. You are a laughing stock to the wider community.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
If Paul says women should not speak or preach, that only shows how out of date Paul is. Christianity grew up in the patriarchal era; that era is over.

That is false, because that would make God's morals relativistic, and God is absolute. What people like you fail to realize is that this age is not any better then before, it's just has more vanities to keep one distracted from the damage that is being done. Christendom is already stretched to it's boundaries, there can be no more chopping and cherry picking Scripture. Too much more and it may as well just be a different religion.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

That so many people here don't agree, shows how retrograde many of you guys are. You are a laughing stock to the wider community.

Not being a Christian makes you unable to "weigh in" on Spiritual matters dealing with God's word the Bible...

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Not being a Christian makes you unable to "weigh in" on Spiritual matters dealing with God's word the Bible...

I was thinking the same thing :chuckle:

Bringing that liberal nonsense into Christianity :nono:
That alone is what got women preaching in the first place., the men who run the churches are equally to blame. Notice that the passage lays the responsibility on the men to not allow them to preach, so the argument is inherently invalid anyway.

I think it shows a supreme lack of fear of God, in my honest opinion. A true believer wouldn't think of crossing those bounds even if the Bible merely discouraged it. What adds insult to injury is that there are disgruntled Christian women out there who go insofar as to calling people like me a misogynist for enlightening them on their God's will. And by extension, they are calling God a misogynist.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I was thinking the same thing :chuckle:

Bringing that liberal nonsense into Christianity :nono:
That alone is what got women preaching in the first place., the men who run the churches are equally to blame. Notice that the passage lays the responsibility on the men to not allow them to preach, so the argument is inherently invalid anyway.

I think it shows a supreme lack of fear of God, in my honest opinion. A true believer wouldn't think of crossing those bounds even if the Bible merely discouraged it. What adds insult to injury is that there are disgruntled Christian women out there who go insofar as to calling people like me a misogynist for enlightening them on their God's will. And by extension, they are calling God a misogynist.

Good post Sum...