toldailytopic: Women Pastors. Good idea, bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
playing basketball is also a bad idea for them
and
they should limit themselves to
softball
volleyball
tennis
swimming
track
soccer
and
mud wrestling

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
playing basketball is also a bad idea for them
and
they should limit themselves to
softball
volleyball
tennis
swimming
track
soccer
and
mud wrestling
"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Silent Hunter

I'm sick of her stalking me, I reported her.
SD is a fundamentalist Christian attacking a person considered in the Bible to be a "deviant." I put the chances of SD's banishment at 0%. They're :loser:s P66 . . . something we have to live with in order to interact here . . . :sigh:

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
SD is a fundamentalist Christian attacking a person considered in the Bible to be a "deviant." I put the chances of SD's banishment at 0%. They're :loser:s P66 . . . something we have to live with in order to interact here . . . :sigh:

It's harassment and stalking at this point.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
May :shocked: I :toad: borrow :noway: your :freak: shoes?

Do you not know when to stop? You have contributed nothing to this thread and completely disrupted all because you just had to repeat the same nonsense. Get a clue, your trolling and harassment is not going to change me.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[Y]our trolling and harassment is not going to change me.
I realize that you are not interested in the things of God (Mt 7:14). My comments are directed toward any other Sodomite who might tippy toe to TOL (Jude 1:7). :vomit:

Last edited:

Krsto

That part about Eve being deceived. I have never understood where that has anything to do with culpability. Adam made an informed decision and Eve was deceived. I don't see how what Eve did was worse.

Can someone explain why that would make a difference in who is the boss?

It's not about culpability. It's about nature. Women are more likely bend under pressure, which is a negative aspect of their desire to please, which is a positive trait.

That said, rather than making a blanket statement as Paul SEEMS to do (though that's debatable), I think it's sufficient that all pastor candidates be scrutinized for their ability to stand for what's right in the face of popular opinion. There are women who are able to do this, but less than the number of men, I would venture to say.

Krsto

Keep in mind that in those days women were not allowed an education. Keep many things in mind that there were issues in particular churches where there was too much noise going on because the women had to sit with the other women and they were asking the husband questions and that had to be straightened out.

So many problems were caused by the culture and rules that men made up and those wouldn't be issues any longer.

Women have had to rely on their words since the beginning where men could and did rely on strength etc...... I personally think women get messages across better for the most part. They're better communicators.

Our church believes that a woman can be a pastor just not the head pastor, though I have yet to see it happening in any of our churches. Chuck Smith' sister is a pastor and says she has done a great job at it so he's torn a bit about this question.

That part about Eve being deceived. I have never understood where that has anything to do with culpability. Adam made an informed decision and Eve was deceived. I don't see how what Eve did was worse.

Can someone explain why that would make a difference in who is the boss?

Who says the pastor should be the "boss"?

Status
Not open for further replies.