toldailytopic: What have you learned from the Occupy Wall Street movement?

some other dude

barbie feeds out the line, delivers a beautifully tied fly to a promising pool of still water and patiently waits:
We see that the extreme left is just as nutty as the Tea Party. Maybe not as violent ( don't see any of them spitting on people, but some of the signs are as angry and inflammatory as some of the Tea Party's) but pretty much as unrealistic.

Not surprising. What else would you expect?

some other dude, recognizing a master at work, compliments barbie on his presentation:
:darwinsm:

Outstanding troll! :first:

Knight strikes hard, shreds the fly, straightens the hook, snaps the line and spits the hook into another stream where it is laughed at by others:
What the??? :shocked:

Uh... should we be concerned about you? Are you having a heart attack or possibly a stroke? I'm considering dialing 911.

POTD

anna and IK wander by and laugh at barbie's stripped line:
You're right in one way: we certainly didn't see any Tea Partiers "spitting on people" - because they didn't.

You haven't read about any of the violence perpetrated by the Occupiers? Seriously?

:rotfl: Fiction writing is great, you can make up almost anything.

It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it.
:idea:

And that concludes today's analysis of failed trolling techniques. :wave:

Tune in tomorrow when barbie is sure to do something equally lame. :)

Last edited:

ghost

Hall of Fame
Anna, the violent ones aren't real occupiers. They are conservatives being sent in there by the Koch brothers to make the OWS movement look bad. :duh:
Looks like kmoney is vying for Knight's POTD, after seeing Barbie get his.

some other dude

weak they are, the trolling skills of kmo

celebrity-pictures-yoda-much-fail.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Nothing enrages extremists like being equated to their counterparts on the other side. But there really isn't a nickle's worth of difference. They just don't get it.

But Americans get it:
Americans are equally likely to say that the Occupy Wall Street movement shares their values as to say the Tea Party movement shares their values (29% each). Americans also have nearly identical evaluations of the likely impact of each of these movements. For both the Tea Party movement and the Occupy Wall Street movement, about one-third of Americans say each movement is a good thing for society (32% each), 1-in-5 say each movement is a bad thing for society (19% and 18% respectively), and about 4-in-10 say each movement doesn’t matter one way or another (38% and 39% respectively).
http://publicreligion.org/research/2011/11/november-2011-rns/

Most Americans think these groups are harmful or irrelevant to America. Which is encouraging. Maybe reality is coming back to politics.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Americans are equally likely to say that the Occupy Wall Street movement shares their values as to say the Tea Party movement shares their values (29% each). Americans also have nearly identical evaluations of the likely impact of each of these movements. For both the Tea Party movement and the Occupy Wall Street movement, about one-third of Americans say each movement is a good thing for society (32% each), 1-in-5 say each movement is a bad thing for society (19% and 18% respectively), and about 4-in-10 say each movement doesn’t matter one way or another (38% and 39% respectively).http://publicreligion.org/research/2...mber-2011-rns/

Most Americans think these groups are harmful or irrelevant to America. Which is encouraging. Maybe reality is coming back to politics.

Sod demurs:
barbie - I'm afraid it's too late to rebait the hook in this pool.

...but we still have that 29% with us, of course....:chuckle:

some other dude

Really barbie?

After being outed, mocked and slapped, you're trying to troll me? :chuckle:

I guess we didn't have to wait until tomorrow for barbie's demonstration of lame.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
After being outed, mocked and slapped, you're trying to troll me?

Facts are hard things. But it's the way out of what's eating at you. Think about it. And I'm giving you a free pass at slapping at me. It doesn't hurt and maybe at some point, you'll figure we're even.

And that would be good for you.

But look at the numbers. They matter. And it doesn't hurt for anyone to get a little perspective about all the screaming and anger out there.

It's just the fringe, not normal Americans.

A different view:
Anna, the violent ones aren't real occupiers. They are conservatives being sent in there by the Koch brothers to make the OWS movement look bad.

The tea party guys used the same excuse. I don't find it very convincing this time, either. That telephone conversation, in which Wisconsin gov. Walker admitted he had considered hiring people to do that, was not actually with Koch. It was an imposter.

Far as we know, neither Koch brothers has done it. To be fair, we don't know that the liberals were putting people up to threatening violence or carrying posters attacking blacks and Jewish people at tea party rallies, either.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
We see that the extreme left is just as nutty as the Tea Party. Maybe not as violent ( don't see any of them spitting on people, but some of the signs are as angry and inflammatory as some of the Tea Party's) but pretty much as unrealistic.

Not surprising. What else would you expect?

Barbie, this is just about the most intellectually dishonest post I have read in some time. Are you really going to try to compare the un organized, incoherent, convoluted messages of the occupy crowd with the tea party? Shame on you for not being able to be honest enough to see the differences through your outright bias, truly pathetic :nono:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, a fringe think Obama is doing a good job. About as many who think the tea party/occupy people are good for America.

Well said, Sod.

And it's no surprise that the two groups would be unhappy when someone points out the obvious. Doesn't change anything, though.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbie, this is just about the most intellectually dishonest post I have read in some time. Are you really going to try to compare the un organized, incoherent, convoluted messages of the occupy crowd with the tea party? Shame on you for not being able to be honest enough to see the differences through your outright bias, truly pathetic :nono:

I never say anything here that I don't believe to be true. Notice that I'm not alone in that opinion.

It's never safe to cast a difference in opinion as a lie. This one was one of those times when you should have resisted the urge. I think you can do better.

I notice you do seem to realize its a matter of us not seeing it the same way

I hope so. Use "dishonesty" for something else.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I never say anything here that I don't believe to be true. Notice that I'm not alone in that opinion.

Believe to be true or know to be true...

It's never safe to cast a difference in opinion as a lie. This one was one of those times when you should have resisted the urge. I think you can do better.

It is also not safe to compare two things that are incomparable. I don't think you can do better I know you can do better.