toldailytopic: What do you think of Ron Paul?

eameece

Here are a sampling of some of Ron Paul's views I fished off a website and I will either thumb them up or down. This gives a bird's eye view on the kind of candidate he would be.

Yeah, just consider Inzl's thumbs down to be thumbs up, and vice-versa, and you get a good idea.

eameece

the Constitution (which) says in the 10th amend that what rights and duties are not spelled out in the federal constitution are reserved for the states or the people to take care of. The tenth amend. says in effect the federal gov. does a, b, and c and d through z are up to the states.
The 10th Amendment says no such thing. It specifically does NOT say "spelled out." It says duties not delegated by the constitution to the federal government are reserved to the states. "Delegated" is not equal to "specifically spelled out," e.g. this does not refer to the famous "enumerated powers" of article 1 sec.8.

eameece

Ron Paul does not exist, So he is not upon our list
We're the ones who write the news,We're the ones with proper views

Ron Paul has dared resist, so Ron Paul will not be missed
We have seen that he will lose, We have gathered all the clues

Ron Paul has dared insist, that Liberty should raise its fist
He said our wars are all unjust, He even said we'd all go bust

So Ron Paul can not exist, and he can not be on our list
We're the ones who write the news,We're the ones with proper views

Very good. Did you write that doctor?

eameece

Good and decent men don't take dirty campaign money from Russians trying to undermine our national security:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=334753

WASHINGTON – A commentator on the Russian government-funded television news network RT boasted of a $1 million "money bomb" on behalf of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination.

The donation raises legal questions, because while the commentator happens to be an American, allowing him to donate to Paul's presidential campaign, foreign entities such as RT are prohibited.

He's an American, not a Russian.

Do you still consider Russians to be our enemy?

olsparky

He's an American, not a Russian.

Do you still consider Russians to be our enemy?

Putin is certainly not our friend.

Paul panders to the antisemitic and intentionally takes positions that go soft on nations like Iran, which happens to be one of Russia's allies.

Even Obama would do a better job protecting the nation than Paul and that is saying something.

WizardofOz

Good and decent men don't take dirty campaign money from Russians trying to undermine our national security:

WASHINGTON – A commentator on the Russian government-funded television news network RT boasted of a $1 million "money bomb" on behalf of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination.

The donation raises legal questions, because while the commentator happens to be an American, allowing him to donate to Paul's presidential campaign, foreign entities such as RT are prohibited.

How does a candidate control who donates money to their campaign? I doubt Paul is sitting around researching and filtering campaign donations.

Nor is any other candidate for that matter.

Paul panders to the antisemitic

Examples?

and intentionally takes positions that go soft on nations like Iran, which happens to be one of Russia's allies.

What position should be taken?

I agree with everything Ron Paul whines about.

:chuckle:
:thumb:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Honestly at this point Ron Paul is the ONLY GOP candidate worthy of my vote.

Me too. I disagree with him on some things, but he's the only one that's not a weasel. You can trust him, and he's not about to abuse the office.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Wow, hyperbole and the red scare! You guys just can't get enough of the bad old days.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think he's an interesting and capable man, but if he believes free trade policy isn't undermining our national interests he hasn't been paying attention to that sucking sound Ross warned us (and rightly) that signaled the end of our industrial base.

I'm a nationalist. I believe we should reestablish and protect our ability to produce a wide variety of consumer goods. I believe we should vigorously reward corporations that promote American interests and penalize those that work a harm against it. If that means some go elsewhere, given the size and strength of our markets, let them. Someone will be more than happy to take their place and make the great (if lesser) margin of profit that allows us to produce more than service workers and consumers.

Buzzword

I think he's an interesting and capable man, but if he believes free trade policy isn't undermining our national interests he hasn't been paying attention to that sucking sound Ross warned us (and rightly) that signaled the end of our industrial base.

I'm a nationalist. I believe we should reestablish and protect our ability to produce a wide variety of consumer goods. I believe we should vigorously reward corporations that promote American interests and penalize those that work a harm against it. If that means some go elsewhere, given the size and strength of our markets, let them. Someone will be more than happy to take their place and make the great (if lesser) margin of profit that allows us to produce more than service workers and consumers.

I think that places far too much trust in the corporations themselves, who have consistently acted in the best interest of themselves and their bottom line, regardless of whichever country happens to house their base of operations.

More and more companies are treating themselves as nationalities rather than citizens of a particular country, as markets become more and more globalized.

That McDonald's started in America doesn't motivate them to do more in American markets UNLESS those markets produce more profit than those in other countries.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

I agree. :thumb: I'm anti-free trade.

I definitely don't agree with Ron Paul on a number of things but he's anti-Fed and that will get my vote because that's basically my #1 issue.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think that places far too much trust in the corporations themselves, who have consistently acted in the best interest of themselves and their bottom line, regardless of whichever country happens to house their base of operations.

More and more companies are treating themselves as nationalities rather than citizens of a particular country, as markets become more and more globalized.

That McDonald's started in America doesn't motivate them to do more in American markets UNLESS those markets produce more profit than those in other countries.
Which is why I suggest breaks and incentives that promote national interest as a consideration and penalties (or the absence of those substantive breaks) for those that do not.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think Ron Paul is part of the THC party.

Ron Paul (and his co-sponsor Barney Fwank) appear to be going after the National Association of Rope Salesmen endorsement. Why else would he propose legislation to remove restrictions on growing hemp?
http://www.ronpaul.com/2009-04-03/r...k-introduce-hemp-farming-legislation-hr-1866/

But then we're talking about a guy who thinks that heroin, cocaine and prostitution should be legal:

"Paul was the only candidate at the debate to make news, calling for the repeal of laws against prostitution, cocaine and heroin. The freedom to use drugs, he argued, is equivalent to the freedom of people to “practice their religion and say their prayers.”
http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/columnists/article/Ron-Paul-favors-legalizing-heroin-1374192.php

Say what? He's comparing praying to God with some junky shooting up smack? He truly is a nutcase.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
LOL! Ron Paul today on Fox News. Krauthammer couldn't keep a straight face listening to his ideas and conspiracy theories. I think Ron Paul gets his ideas off of YouTube videos.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
magoo-1.gif

goo3.png

Last edited: