toldailytopic: What are your thoughts on Planned Parenthood?

oatmeal

I think parenthood should be planned by married folk, I don't think it should a surprise.

I don't want to pay for cleaning up loose sex.

They play = they can pay

oatmeal

Breathe

Well, I have no insurance and I'll tell you this: If I found a lump in my breast, I would never EVER go to PP. Why on earth would I trust an organization that kills thousands of babies to save my life?!

Also, I do care about their ethics. I'd rather go into debt than ever set foot in a PP. And again, I am speaking as somebody who doesn't have insurance.

Then I hope you don't have children. Principles and high ideals won't tuck them in at night after you have gone. :(

Breathe

I'm guessing you would have been happy to buy a bushel of cotton from a slave owning plantation over a non-slave owning plantation as long as you could save a few bucks. :rolleyes:

You do realize that this is reductio ad Hitlerum also, right?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You do realize that this is reductio ad Hitlerum also, right?
Oh no... what ever shall I do? :noway:

If you want to marginalize my point by placing some gay internet term on it go ahead. You are the one who has to go to bed tonight knowing your support murdering little babies.

Breathe

Oh no... what ever shall I do? :noway:

If you want to marginalize my point by placing some gay internet term on it go ahead. You are the one who has to go to bed tonight knowing your support murdering little babies.

At least I don't use logical fallacies with holes in them big enough to drive a tractor trailer through, and then pat myself on the back for it. ;)

Just for the record: I do not support abortion. I don't financially support PP. However, I do support women's right to affordable healh care, birth control and medical tests.
However - knowing how passionate you are about abortion - I'm going to suggest that, if you ever need to be hospitalized, you find a hospital that doesn't perform abortions. Because, if you didn't, you might just look like a hypocrite.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm guessing you would have been happy to buy a bushel of cotton from a slave owning plantation over a non-slave owning plantation as long as you could save a few bucks.

No ... I wouldn't have.

You do understand that *my* comments were referencing 22 to 23 years ago, correct?

The Kaiser Permanente Medical Group where I went to for all of my prenatal care, exams and deliveries also offered abortion services. Most hospitals do. They also offer their members prescription meds such a BCP's for as low as a dollar.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ho hum. I have not utilized a PP since 1986 for the purpose of acquiring birth control pills. Paying $80 rather than meeting my $250 deductible + the price of contraception saved me money.

Yet in 2012 you still put a good word in for the baby murderers (who by the way, were murdering babies in 1986 as well).

Good deal! It is comforting to be referred to as *evil* from someone as morally inferior as you ...

And here I thought you loved me Rusha, after all, I am "disease free".

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You do understand that *my* comments were referencing 22 to 23 years ago, correct?
So tell us how you feel about Planned Parenthood right now.

The Kaiser Permanente Medical Group where I went to for all of my prenatal care, exams and deliveries also offered abortion services. Most hospitals do. They also offer their members prescription meds such a BCP's for as low as a dollar.
It's horrible that Kaiser or any hospital offer abortion services I agree. But none of them... and I mean none of them... compare as an abortion machine to Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is a finely tuned behemoth that draws in young girls and spits them out in staggering numbers.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At least I don't use logical fallacies with holes in them big enough to drive a tractor trailer through, and then pat myself on the back for it. ;)
Please tell me one thing that I have stated which is illogical, and then explain what is illogical about it.

Please be specific and precise.

Breathe

You are a liar.

This thread serves as my evidence.

Nope. Supporting health care for women does not equate to supporting abortion. It's kind of like me saying that, if you go to your local emergency room, you must support abortion because that hospital performs them.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As a woman with no health insurance, I would never utilize the services of Planned Parenthood. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone either. There are free clinics and the health department. And, if no one else will see me with no insurance, I can always go to the emergency room. They are required to take me whether I have insurance or not.

Planned Parenthood is misnamed. They actually have nothing to do with parenthood. Their business is primarily to prevent parenthood.

Breathe

Please tell me one thing that I have stated which is illogical, and then explain what is illogical about it.

Please be specific and precise.

Well, you have applauded the use of logical fallacies when you supported the "Hitler" argument, and then you used a form of it several times in the guise of "slave and slave holder" examples.

The link explains it in a much clearer manner than I can myself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum

I know that you are passionate about your beliefs, but appeals to emotion tend to come off as shrill, and not well thought out. Likewise, name calling doesn't add to the credibility of your argument. I'm pretty sure I haven't called anyone a name in this thread, but those on the opposing side - including you, the forum owner - have called me names several times. Makes you look bad, dude.

Anyway, since we can never find common ground on this topic, we may just have to agree to disagree. Frankly, it's not so rewarding that I want to spend my evening trading jibes with you. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So tell us how you feel about Planned Parenthood right now.

I think their practice of abortion is evil. I do not want the PP that perform abortions to exist.

What I would like to see is Crisis Pregnancy Centers promoted and funded in the same way PP is so they could step in and offer the services I spoke of such as mammograms, prenatal care, etc.

It's horrible that Kaiser or any hospital offer abortion services I agree. But none of them... and I mean none of them... compare as an abortion machine to Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is a finely tuned behemoth that draws in young girls and spits them out in staggering numbers.

I cannot argue that any physician or facility that practices abortion is committing an act I abhor and would ban if I had the power to do so.

My own personal doctor is prolife and the hospital I go to for tests, surgery and treatment is Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center in Lincoln, which I am fairly certain does not offer abortion services.

Breathe

I think their practice of abortion is evil. I do not want the PP that perform abortions to exist.

What I would like to see is Crisis Pregnancy Centers promoted and funded in the same way PP is so they could step in and offer the services I spoke of such as mammograms, prenatal care, etc.

I cannot argue that any physician or facility that practices abortion is committing an act I abhor and would ban if I had the power to do so.

My own personal doctor is prolife and the hospital I go to for tests, surgery and treatment is Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center in Lincoln, which I am fairly certain does not offer abortion services.

My regular physician, and my Ob/Gyn are both prolife Christians, as are all of the drs in both practices. Unfortunately, the hospitals here all perform abortions.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yet in 2012 you still put a good word in for the baby murderers (who by the way, were murdering babies in 1986 as well).

Sure thing. Stating that I am opposed their practice of abortion is a good thing. :yawn:

And here I thought you loved me Rusha, after all, I am "disease free".

Your hatred and treatment of those who dare to disagree with you says differently.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, you have applauded the use of logical fallacies when you supported the "Hitler" argument, and then you used a form of it several times in the guise of "slave and slave holder" examples.

The link explains it in a much clearer manner than I can myself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum
I asked you to demonstrate how my arguments comparing abortion to slavery or the Holocaust (in regard to legal positivism which is your position) is illogical.

If you don't have a case just say so. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope. Supporting health care for women does not equate to supporting abortion. It's kind of like me saying that, if you go to your local emergency room, you must support abortion because that hospital performs them.
Again you are wrong.

Planned Parenthood is the number one abortion provider in the world. They are an abortion machine. You support PP, therefore you support abortion.