toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts

zippy2006

Santorum is against abortion and "gay marriage." What he is not against is criminalizing sodomy. I agree. If you think his views are otherwise then you've been misinformed.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I think the VP choices are going play a large role in the elections. I don't think any GOP candidate could win the general election now, but believe VP choice could change that.

I figure we'll hear a lot about Palin, Bachmann in the months to come. Only thing is the candidates have all trashed each other so much, it'd be hard for a few to accept VP without having to do some serious explaining/backstepping. Because Palin hasn't been in the race for nomination, and so hasn't been lashing out at all of the prospects, she's maybe more poised to accept a role as VP.

But anyway, I do think VP choices will play a large role in the election.

I don't expect to see Palin or Bachmann as anyone's VP choice. I'll be surprised if it happens.

elohiym

Santorum is against abortion and "gay marriage."

Rather, he thinks abortion is a right, as his quote proves.

What he is not against is criminalizing sodomy.

He wants to put heterosexual couples in jail for specific sex acts? :AMR:

Or just homosexual men?

Obviously homosexual women cannot engage in sodomy, so that's mute.

If you think his views are otherwise then you've been misinformed.

Oh, I can see what his views are. He thinks murder is a woman's right, and said as much.

Why defend him on this? :idunno:

drbrumley

Wonder what Knight thinks of this new revelation coming from santorum. Lots to get excited about for sure. NOT!!!!!

zippy2006

Rather, he thinks abortion is a right, as his quote proves.

He wants to put heterosexual couples in jail for specific sex acts? :AMR:

Or just homosexual men?

Obviously homosexual women cannot engage in sodomy, so that's mute.

Oh, I can see what his views are. He thinks murder is a woman's right, and said as much.

Why defend him on this? :idunno:

You're just looking for someone to lash out against, be it me or Santorum. Here's a brilliantly novel idea: do some searching yourself to figure out what Santorum's views on these subjects are. It's plain as day that the quote you reference is a mischaracterization of his position. Anyone who has any idea of what the man is about knows that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That's not the point, and he did say that. It's the people of New Yorks right to have abortions. Thats EXACTLY what he said

And what did he say after that? (Which was not "murder is a woman's right" BTW)

And yes, I think it is the point, it's the nature of politics.

drbrumley

And what did he say after that? (Which was not "murder is a woman's right" BTW)

And yes, I think it is the point, it's the nature of politics.

Again your missing the entire point of this thread about Ron Paul. Folks come here a chastise the ONLY man in the race who has a plan. But over and over, he gets misrepresented. Now this little gem from santorum. Just shows the hypocrisy of some.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Again your missing the entire point of this thread about Ron Paul. Folks come here a chastise the ONLY man in the race who has a plan. But over and over, he gets misrepresented. Now this little gem from santorum. Just shows the hypocrisy of some.

This would be a good time for me to point out to you that you're misrepresenting Santorum.

elohiym

Where did he say something like this?

"If New York doesn't want sodomy laws, if the people of New York want abortion, fine. I mean, I wouldn't agree with it, but that's their right. But I don't agree with the Supreme Court coming in."

He thinks it is their right to keep abortion legal, but wouldn't agree with. If he wouldn't agree with it, he believes legalized abortion is wrong for some reason.

drbrumley

This would be a good time for me to point out to you that you're misrepresenting Santorum.

Before you criticize me of misrepresenting Mr. Santorum, maybe you need to look at my signature.

<------------------------------------------------------------------

eameece

My employer makes billions of dollars a year. I don't work for a poor guy.

And you worship and grovel before him just like the rest of you guys before the rich and wealthy. They can do anything they like to us, and you guys are all for it. Worship the higher power indeed.

elohiym

He didn't say that. The long knives are out for Santorum now for sure.

Uh, yes he did. And I'm apolitical. You are demonstrating why I am.

My interest is stopping abortion, and those who share my interest should not vote for Santorum if they hope their voting will end abortion.