toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
there are many here who won't even admit that they voted for Obama

Except if they haven't admitted it you don't know. AKA--you manufacturing facts to match your position.

and
a few who are sorry that they did
But I don't know I'd have been any happier with McCain and I know I would be less so with Palin.

So...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why should I bother? You just exposed yourself as the miserable liar you are.

You forgot "COWARD!"

How about we let the fine people at TOL discuss (hopefully) the next President of the United States, Rick Santorum?

Oh, and like the good little Libertatarian that you are, I noticed the first words out of your mouth in this thread dealt with money:

"What are his economic plans?"

WizardofOz

How about we let the fine people at TOL discuss (hopefully) the next President of the United States, Rick Santorum?

:chuckle: Good one. He won't even be nominated.

Oh, and like the good little Libertatarian that you are, I noticed the first words out of your mouth in this thread dealt with money:

"What are his economic plans?"

The economy is going to be and has been the primary focus. So it is kind of important that he has an economic plan.

You don't think so?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle: Good one. He won't even be nominated.

Thus far my candidate has a substantial lead over yours. Only time will tell.

The economy is going to be and has been the primary focus. So it is kind of important that he has an economic plan.

You don't think so?

I've never hidden the fact that you need to get your social affairs in order before you worry about your bank account.

Take care of the first, and the latter will happen.

WizardofOz

Thus far my candidate has a substantial lead over yours. Only time will tell.

I have never had delusions of Paul winning the GOP nomination. I see you are enjoying yours though!

I've never hidden the fact that you need to get your social affairs in order before you worry about your bank account.

Take care of the first, and the latter will happen.

Interview Question: Do you think that homosexuality is a sin?

That's a decision not for a politician but for someone who is a cleric. I'm not in that line of work.

There are a lot of things in society that are quote “sins” or moral wrongs that we don’t make illegal. Just because something is immoral or something that is wrong doesn’t mean that it should be illegal and that the federal government or any level of government should involve themselves in. The case that I was talking about that started the controversy – the case was Lawrence v. Texas – I said if I was a state legislator in the state of Texas dealing with the Texas sodomy law, I would have voted against it because I don’t think that that’s something that the state should involve itself in. - Rick Santorum

Santorum Flip-Flops On States Criminalizing Homosexuality

Notice his response in the video when asked if homosexuality is a sin. Time for your double standard to shine!
Santorum on Homosexuality

drbrumley

I have never had delusions of Paul winning the GOP nomination. I see you are enjoying yours though!

There are a lot of things in society that are quote “sins” or moral wrongs that we don’t make illegal. Just because something is immoral or something that is wrong doesn’t mean that it should be illegal and that the federal government or any level of government should involve themselves in. The case that I was talking about that started the controversy – the case was Lawrence v. Texas – I said if I was a state legislator in the state of Texas dealing with the Texas sodomy law, I would have voted against it because I don’t think that that’s something that the state should involve itself in. - Rick Santorum

Santorum Flip-Flops On States Criminalizing Homosexuality

Notice his response in the video when asked if homosexuality is a sin. Time for your double standard to shine!

Ooooops!!!!!:rip: ACW!!!!!

WizardofOz

:rotfl: And how about this gem of an interview:

"If New York doesn't want sodomy laws, if the people of New York want abortion, fine. I mean, I wouldn't agree with it, but that's their right. But I don't agree with the Supreme Court coming in."

- Rick Santorum

I guess he's pro-homosexual and pro-choice, state by state! :eek:

source

Classic irony. This is who aCW supports :hammer:

Ps82

When the president goes to war without Congressional consent it is an impeachable act. it violates the constitution in that only congress can declare war.

These wars are illegal in that no declaration of war was ever pasted by congress and Ron Paul wonts to stop the illegal activity of the presidency and the war mongering neo-conservatives in congress that are killing our solders and costing trillions in borrowed currency.

It is not that Ron Paul is against war per say but that congress should declare war and then we fight it, win it and come home. This is the message that is distorted and false accusations are made against Ron Paul.

A president does have the obligation to protect our nation when it has been attacked ... such as 911.

I agree with you, however, that our nation should declare war and fight to win. I lost too many friends during the Vietnam political exrecise not to have learned that lesson.

But what would RP do about our self-professed enemy, Iran, obtaining nuclear missile capability? What would he do about the closing of the Straight of Hormos (sp?)?

He seems to think of this sort of thing and enemy threats are no big deal... and looks at these nations the same way he looks at our state's rights. I don't think these things are on the same level. Give me your /his views on matters of this sort.

I know my worries may not be built upon on all the exact facts ... but, I'm a simple person and it is the feeling I get when I've listened to him in debates and such. His son, who may have some of the same ideas ... is much better at expressing his ideas to people and much more acceptable to me when I hear him explain things.

Ron Paul just shocks me until I later I may happen to hear him explain more clearly something he has said.

zoo22

I think the VP choices are going play a large role in the elections. I don't think any GOP candidate could win the general election now, but believe VP choice could change that.

I figure we'll hear a lot about Palin, Bachmann in the months to come. Only thing is the candidates have all trashed each other so much, it'd be hard for a few to accept VP without having to do some serious explaining/backstepping. Because Palin hasn't been in the race for nomination, and so hasn't been lashing out at all of the prospects, she's maybe more poised to accept a role as VP.

But anyway, I do think VP choices will play a large role in the election.