toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts

drbrumley

What do you disagree with?

"I believe federal law should declare that life begins at conception. And I believe states should regulate the enforcement of this law, as they do other laws against violence." - Ron Paul

You really can't expect them to understand what that proposed law says, can you?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What a question! :rotfl:

Like all the other Republican candidates, he HAS no plan except to do nothing and allow the rich greedy money barons to do whatever they wish.

Go play in that sandbox over there...the one with the folks who don't bother to educate themselves before they open their pie holes.

This comment is simply disengenuous. It is something at a preschooler might say that they heard from a 6th grader, so it must be correct. You have no knowledge whatsoever about what Republican candidates, or other conservatives for that matter, actually care about.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No need for the word required when the law says this.....federal law should declare that life begins at conception.

:loser:

So Congressman Paul, you, Ralphie, e4e and the rest of Paul's supposed pro-life Libertarian base believe that individual states shouldn't have the right to murder the unborn out of convenience?

Just to make us 'suspicious' Christian conservatives feel better about a candidate who doesn't think that homosexuality is a sin, who thinks homosexual marriage is fine, and that hard recreational drugs and prostitution should be legalized if the respective states approve of it, could we reword Congressman Paul's bill and throw in REQUIRED?

drbrumley

So Congressman Paul, you, Ralphie, e4e and the rest of Paul's supposed pro-life Libertarian base believe that individual states shouldn't have the right to murder the unborn out of convenience?

Just to make us 'suspicious' Christian conservatives feel better about a candidate who doesn't think that homosexuality is a sin, who thinks homosexual marriage is fine, and that hard recreational drugs and prostitution should be legalized if the respective states approve of it, could we reword Congressman Paul's bill and throw in REQUIRED?

I can't help you don't know how laws are written. :loser:

WizardofOz

Because you're dim, I'll break it down into simple terms. Ron Paul declares that "I believe Roe v. Wade should be repealed. I believe federal law should declare that life begins at conception." This is an argument against abortion and in favor of legally protecting life immediately after conception.

The next argument has nothing to do with abortion. It has to do with the authority to enforce the federal law declaring that life begins at conception. The argument "I believe states should regulate the enforcement of this law, as they do other laws against violence" has nothing to do with abortion but with who enforces laws against violence.

Who enforces laws against murder? State officials.
Who enforces laws against rape? Same
Who enforces laws against home invasion? Same
Who enforces laws against car jacking? Same.

See a pattern emerging? Your idol David Barton agrees with Paul! "The federal government should never have intruded itself into the abortion issue through the multiple Supreme Court decisions that opened the proverbial Pandora’s Box" - David Barton.

Anyone saying that Ron Paul is pro-choice state by state is being intentionally dishonest or is simply ignorant of his position and strategy.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yep. Ron Paul wants to sit on his hands. That is why I don't like the guy.

He's a Christian physician who delivered 4,000 infants. And he's the one you guys gang up on.

I can always count on you folks to circle the wagons, then shoot yourselves.

WizardofOz

It's not even true that he "wants to sit on his hands". He actually has a workable strategy that doesn't involve waiting and waiting for the SCOTUS to correct itself (it won't) or for a president to sign a Constitutional Amendment (it is not going to happen).

Inzl Kett - what is your pro-life strategy?

Last edited:

drbrumley

In Alacarte's world, he would have us believe a law that says life comes from conception, meaning it is a life with full backing of the law, to just leave the states the option of murdering said life. he is either really ignorant, or just plain stupid.....trying to figure that one out.

elected4ever

It's not even true that he "wants to sit on his hands". He actually has a workable strategy that doesn't involve waiting and waiting for the SCOTUS to correct itself (it won't) or for a president to sign a Constitutional Amendment (it is not going to happen.
For your information. The president never signs a proposed constitutional amendment. It goes dirrectly to the states for ratification.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because you're dim, I'll break it down into simple terms.

Leave it to a moral relativist Libertarian (NO aCW, he'll start on 13 year old cigarette smoking witches again!) to call someone "dim".

Ron Paul declares that "I believe Roe v. Wade should be repealed. I believe federal law should declare that life begins at conception." This is an argument against abortion and in favor of legally protecting life immediately after conception.

The next argument has nothing to do with abortion. It has to do with the authority to enforce the federal law declaring that life begins at conception. The argument "I believe states should regulate the enforcement of this law, as they do other laws against violence" has nothing to do with abortion but with who enforces laws against violence.

Who enforces laws against murder? State officials.
Who enforces laws against rape? Same
Who enforces laws against home invasion? Same
Who enforces laws against car jacking? Same.

Here's the problem with your so-called logic Ralphie. Murder was legalized by SCOTUS, a federal judicial branch. Abortion (murder) laws will have to be enforced by the fed's until at least the state's issues with their pro-abortion laws are dealt with.

See a pattern emerging? You idol David Barton agrees with Paul! "The federal government should never have intruded itself into the abortion issue through the multiple Supreme Court decisions that opened the proverbial Pandora’s Box" - David Barton.

As do I agree with David Barton and I'm pretty certain that the entire pro-life movement does as well. This has nothing whatsoever to do with what I stated above.

Anyone saying that Ron Paul is pro-choice state by state is being intentionally dishonest or is simply ignorant of his position and strategy.

From RonPaul.com:

"At the same time, Ron Paul believes that the ninth and tenth amendments to the U.S. Constitution do not grant the federal government any authority to legalize or ban abortion. Instead, it is up to the individual states to prohibit abortion."
http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/abortion/

I'm sure that one of his staffers wrote that column without Paul having knowledge of it, huh Ralphie?

drbrumley

Leave it to a moral relativist Libertarian (NO aCW, he'll start on 13 year old cigarette smoking witches again!) to call someone "dim".

Here's the problem with your so-called logic Ralphie. Murder was legalized by SCOTUS, a federal judicial branch. Abortion (murder) laws will have to be enforced by the fed's until at least the state's issues with their pro-abortion laws are dealt with.

As do I agree with David Barton and I'm pretty certain that the entire pro-life movement does as well. This has nothing whatsoever to do with what I stated above.

From RonPaul.com:

"At the same time, Ron Paul believes that the ninth and tenth amendments to the U.S. Constitution do not grant the federal government any authority to legalize or ban abortion. Instead, it is up to the individual states to prohibit abortion."

I'm sure that one of his staffers wrote that column without Paul having knowledge of it, huh Ralphie?

That's it, I can't take his stupidity anymore. Ignore feature *ON*

Ps82

What do you disagree with?

"I believe federal law should declare that life begins at conception. And I believe states should regulate the enforcement of this law, as they do other laws against violence." - Ron Paul

Thank you ... for the quote from Ron Paul. I guess it is mostly his very different foreign policy ideas that makes me wonder what we would be getting as a leader.

That leads me to think that he would go over board on other important issues. I guess it is the fear of the unknown of what he might do is what worries me about him ... I do know that the media misquotes him and even misrepresents what he has said.

BTW, sometimes, when he first says something it sounds so radical, and he doesn't express his ideas in a clear and reassuring manner. This allows the media to twist his thoughts into their shocking words.

I don't want to vote for someone who is always having to explain what he meant after his statement.

drbrumley

Thank you ... for the quote from Ron Paul. I guess it is mostly his very different foreign policy ideas that makes me wonder what we would be getting as a leader.

That leads me to think that he would go over board on other important issues. I guess it is the fear of the unknown of what he might do is what worries me about him ... I do know that the media misquotes him and even misrepresents what he has said.

BTW, sometimes when he first says something is sounds so radical and he doesn't express his ideas in a clear and reassuring manner. This allows the media to twist his thoughts into their words.

I don't want to vote for someone who is always having to explain what he meant after his statement.

Hmmm, sometimes we have to ask you or someone else on this board for clarification.

WizardofOz

:doh:
Declaring by federal law that life begins at conception would "deal with" state-level pro-abortion laws in one fell swoop. Human beings would have legal protection per federal law at conception.

States would then be charged with enforcing this law and protecting the liberty of all humans, from conception on.

From RonPaul.com:

:doh: The federal role is to declare that life begins at conception, thereby recognizing legal rights of the unborn from conception on. The states have the AUTHORITY to enforce anti-abortion laws that would protect these federally recognized rights of the unborn.

Again, because it is too complicated for you apparently:
- Roe v. Wade should be repealed.
- federal law should declare that life begins at conception.
- states should regulate the enforcement of this law, as they do other laws against violence.

:duh: