toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

I can see it is Rusha's job to protect the adults

so who protects the children?

Rather she blasted your utterly asinine, moronic and misogynistic position into absolute smithereens.

Of course a misogynist wouldn't even be able to see that, still caught up in pre Victorian attitudes where it was immoral for a woman to display her ankle etc....

If you truly cared for children you'd be honest enough to question why so many people here think you act like a gimp on this thread. People who have families, have children, are married etc. Will you?

I've had to confront my own sheer moronic behaviour in times recent and the cost involved. Can you? It'll do you a favour Chrys if you can....

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I really do care for children

No you don't. You cannot possibly care for children and so blatantly disregard their mothers.

and I think marriage helps to protect them

You have been shown over and over again that there are other reasons individuals marry that do NOT include children.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No you don't. You cannot possibly care for children and so blatantly disregard their mothers.

You have been shown over and over again that there are other reasons individuals marry that do NOT include children.

I do care for children
and
I love the mothers who protect them

why people get married does not determine what marriage does for children

many mothers don't even get married
and
that is clearly not a good thing

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do care for children
and
I love the mothers who protect them

You words on this thread and others says differently

why people get married does not determine what marriage does for children

Marriage CAN BE harmful for children

many mothers don't even get married
and
that is clearly not a good thing

Keeping children in a hostile environment is not a good thing. Why do you dislike children and women so much?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You words on this thread and others says differently

Marriage CAN BE harmful for children

Keeping children in a hostile environment is not a good thing. Why do you dislike children and women so much?

why do you dislike me so much?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Stop sweating it, Rusha. Chrys has already more than sustained our objections and is at this point just spinning for the last word. He can't make the case for children as the purpose of marriage, hasn't approached making an objective case against homosexual marriage, and has exposed his "women in the kitchen" mentality to boot.

I say let him ramble. Our work is done here. He is, as he always was, as everyone on that side of it have shown themselves to be, a proponent of religious dogma and nothing more. And that will gain about as much actual traction in the public square as a call for Sharia law would and for the same reason.

:e4e:

Silent Hunter

no one has shown why homosexuals should get married
. . . really? No one? That's hard to believe given this thread is 115 pages and 1713 post long . . . :sigh:.

Homosexuals should get married for all the same reasons that heterosexuals get married (love, companionship, etc.) . . . and not one of those reasons has anything to do with children either . . . :cool:.

Silent Hunter

that is not true

most get married because they want to raise a family
. . . starting over again chrys?

. . . as has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions . . . having children is usually LAST on the list for couples getting married.

. . . I've done some checking . . . getting married isn't a requirement for having children OR raising a family.

. . . please, please don't have children chrys . . . for the love of god . . . don't EVER have children . . . :noid: . . . one person even remotely like you in the world is one too many.

Silent Hunter

a man and woman get married and have sex
she gets pregnant and gives birth
and they raise a family

that is the norm
. . . normal? :idunno:

. . . but it's not the reason people get married.

you are abnormal
and
unreasonable
. . . then I'm in good company . . . Rusha . . . Granite . . . Town Heretic . . . Squishes . . . Alwight . . . Arthur Brain . . . bybee . . . Selaphiel . . . etc . . . etc . . . etc . . . (apologies for leaving anyone out).

Seydlitz77

a man and woman get married and have sex
she gets pregnant and gives birth
and they raise a family

that is the norm

Sorry couldn't resist but my father once told me that children are a side effect of sex and not the driving purpose for it.

Sex brings two married people closer together and can be and should be a fun and fulfilling experience, I really hope though that no one is getting married just so that they can have sex. :AMR:

Then again sometimes your posts are a little difficult to interpret Chrys.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
. .

. . . then I'm in good company . . . Rusha . . . Granite . . . Town Heretic . . . Squishes . . . Alwight . . . Arthur Brain . . . bybee . . . Selaphiel . . . etc . . . etc . . . etc . . . (apologies for leaving anyone out).

some of them might want to be left out

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Sorry couldn't resist but my father once told me that children are a side effect of sex and not the driving purpose for it.

Sex brings two married people closer together and can be and should be a fun and fulfilling experience, I really hope though that no one is getting married just so that they can have sex. :AMR:

Then again sometimes your posts are a little difficult to interpret Chrys.

the purpose of sex is procreation
the purpose of its pleasure is to make sure you do it

Status
Not open for further replies.