toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
:sigh:

Ok, thanks chrys. I'm not that eager to go in circles.

maybe I can help you with this

the state has no problem with a brother and sister living together
but
they will not allow them to get married because they might get pregnant
so
the state assumes that a married couple will have children

would you agree with that?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

but
so

I think it's rather disturbing that you are so obsessed with whether or not married couples are having babies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I think it's rather disturbing that you are so obsessed with whether or not married couples are having babies.

I am trying to show that the purpose of marriage is to protect the child

don't you think the child needs protection?

rexlunae

Maybe you could answer my earlier question. That would almost look like progress.

but
so

I haven't denied that that is an aspect of the laws against incest. But it is only one aspect. And I'm not interested in moving in large, slow, boring circles with you, especially when you aren't willing to actually engage the issues.

Charity

stupid as chrys....off subject..lol

ask little children if its okay....problem is, the children have to be grown into the knowledge an understanding...an by the time they can answer #*! its bloody well to late!..
go's to slow..sowing children into life is way bigger than pushing them to read books of past beliefs an choices...to see what they might agree with....

Samstarrett

stupid as chrys....off subject..lol

ask little children if its okay....problem is, the children have to be grown into the knowledge an understanding...an by the time they can answer #*! its bloody well to late!..
go's to slow..sowing children into life is way bigger than pushing them to read books of past beliefs an choices...to see what they might agree with....

:AMR:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Some children sadly need protection from their own parents, marriage doesn't seem to have any magical preventative powers or to create better people. :nono:

do you see anything marriage does that might protect the child?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am trying to show that the purpose of marriage is to protect the child
And you're demonstrably wrong in this assumption. If children become part of the equation then marriage is a more stable platform for them, emotionally. That's a real plus, but not the point outside of your dogma.

:e4e:

alwight

do you see anything marriage does that might protect the child?
This topic is about whether same sex marriage is acceptable, which to me it is because I don't have the right to prevent specified others from living out their lives in the manner of their choosing, except imo when third parties are harmed.

As I already tried to point out "marriage" itself is rather by the by when it comes to protecting children, which I'm sorry would need to be addressed under some other heading or title.

The state of "marriage" may suggest different things to different people but after all it is only a word, while protecting children can't be dealt with or summed up quite that easily since it could well depend on a whole variety of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.