toldailytopic: Regarding 9-11 they say "never forget". Never forget what? What should

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I agree, TH.

In hindsight, the bombing of the Murrah federal building gets me more up in arms than the attacks on the WTC and Pentagon.

Especially since Timothy McVeigh was, to many people's way of thinking, an ideal American.
Military man, war veteran, home-grown in the midwest, and passionate against what he regarded as injustice.

All he needed was a Jesus bumper sticker and he probably would have been nominated for president.
Ok. You hate those you judge to be right-wing Jesus freaks.
The lesson taught by McVeigh, which Knight seems to have forgotten, is that fanatical violence can come from ANYWHERE.
I see this as a rather paranoid reaction, but if it pleases you.
It's not always "those people" "over there" sitting in a cave wearing a turban.
Well, that makes the problem nebulous and much more difficult.
My sadistic side can't wait for one of the more unstable Westboro people to snap and go on a rampage, just so the Muslims who love America AND Allah can once again say "I told you so."
OH! Are you hoping to provoke a violent attack by someone you don't like?

PureX

Regarding 9-11 they say "never forget". Never forget what? What should be our lesson learned on 9-11-2001?
Knight, good question.

I guess the lesson for me is in the heartbreak of all those who lost their loved ones on that day. My own heart goes out to them. And it serves as a reminder to hold those we love close to us. To tell them, and to show them the love we feel for them. Because just as none of the victims of 9/11 would have guessed that as they went off to work that morning that they would never come home again, the same is true for any of us. We cannot see into the future, and we dare not take it for granted.

The other thing I remember most about 9/11 is that through the empathy that we all felt for those who lost loved ones in the tragedy, we came together as a nation. I was not thinking about what political or religious or sexual persuasions those victims and their families and friends were. Knowing that they were conservatives or liberals or atheists or religious fundamentalists or gays or whatever wouldn't have changed my feeling of great loss for their lives taken away, or the sadness I felt for their loved ones left to grieve. Those people were my American brothers and sisters. They were my people. Our people. And we all lost them together.

So as I think about 9/11, it's these two thoughts that will come foremost to my mind. And my heart still goes out to all those effected by the events of that fateful day.

bybee

Ok. You hate those you judge to be right-wing Jesus freaks.

I see this as a rather paranoid reaction, but if it pleases you.

Well, that makes the problem nebulous and much more difficult.

OH! Are you hoping to provoke a violent attack by someone you don't like?

This is very spooky. A hate filled rant to displace attention from the murderous Islamic extremists unprovoked attacks on American civilians.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't think the level of threat is equal, no, because radical Islam is more numerous, better organized and financed. But I find either group an extension of that principle and the root of that to be the meat that needs addressing. Else, we're stamping out symptoms and ignoring the disease.

Do you think going after the disease is the same for every extremist group? Or will different groups require different approaches?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Do you think going after the disease is the same for every extremist group? Or will different groups require different approaches?

why don't you work on U.S. foreign policies?
since
you have already found it to be the disease

kmoney

Hall of Fame
did I misunderstand you?
and
U.S. foreign policies are not the disease

If by our foreign policies being a disease you mean that the terrorists' actions were justified because of our foreign policy, no that is not what I'm saying.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If by our foreign policies being a disease you mean that the terrorists' actions were justified because of our foreign policy, no that is not what I'm saying.

you and CabinetMaker came up with the words
and
now you are asking me what I mean by them?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
This is very spooky. A hate filled rant to displace attention from the murderous Islamic extremists unprovoked attacks on American civilians.
It is nice to know that the mythology surrounding McVeigh is still alive and well. Also nice to spot an Al Qaeda apologist.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I'm glad somebody mentioned that

Evil men love to :CRASH: do evil and :( play the victim. Don't let them. :rolleyes: 1 Sam. 24:13; 2 Sam. 3:39; Job 8:20; 34:8, 22; Psa. 14:4, 6; 26:5; 36:12; 53:4; 59:2; 64:2; 92:7, 9; 94:4, 16; 101:8; 119:115; 125:5; 141:4, 5, 9; Prov. 21:15; Isa. 1:4; 31:2; Jer. 23:14; Hos. 10:9; Mal. 3:15; 4:1; Matt. 5:45; 7:23; Luke 13:27; 16:10; 18:11; Acts 24:15; 1 Cor. 6:1, 9; 2 Cor. 11:13; Phil. 3:2; 1 Pet. 3:18; 2 Pet. 2:9.

We're right (Jn 14:6, Ro 1:16). They're wrong (Ge 16:12). Will New Yorkers continue to tolerate multiculturalism? :Letsargu:

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It should be noted contrary to what the media is hammering into our heads, Islam is not a peaceful religion. This deception helped to set us up for 911.

Here are some hold hard facts about Islam: In the last ten years 17000 deadly terror attacks were committed in the name of Islam. The founder of Islam, Muhammad, had people killed for insulting him and his religion. Among the victims were women. Muhammad inspired his followers to war with the basest of motives, using captured loot, sex and a gluttonous paradise as incentives. Today these incentives inspire suicide bombings. He beheaded captives, enslaved children and raped women taken in battle. Muslims are told to emulate the example of Muhammad. Islam is the only religion that has to retain its members by threatening to kill any person who leaves. We have read of this from people who have left Islam. This is according to the example set by their prophet Muhammad. Islam also teaches that non-Muslims are less than human. Muhammad taught that Muslims can be put to death for murder, but that a Muslim could never be put to death for killing a non-Muslim. The Qur'an never once mentions Allah's love for non-Muslims, There are more than 500 instances of Allah's cruelty toward and hatred of non-Muslims the text.

There is a tendency when Muslims join sites like this to engage in dishonest dialog with non-Muslims, especially Jews and the Christians that support them. That is because they are non Muslim and they are viewed as the enemy. This business of Muslims calling Jews and Christians 'People of the book' is a smoke screen.

What we should be taking away from Sept 11 2001 is true vigilance. Let's set aside the political correctness and quit chasing our tails. America needs to focus on the true threat to its security.

Ted L Glines

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 9th, 2011 02:18 PM

toldailytopic: Regarding 9-11 they say "never forget". Never forget what? What should be our lesson learned on 9-11-2001?

I am not nearly sure that we learned what 9-11 should have taught us. What was al Qaeda striking at? The power of the Yankee Dollar? No, American money has bankrolled the world, and al Qaeda is fond of money. Were they striking at Democracy? No, al Qaeda is outside of politics; a criminal extremist organization. I think it is way more basic than that.

Firstly, Islamic leaders still harken to what happened in ancient time. The Crusades remain as a debt unpaid. The Koran allows, even encourages, retribution in kind; Semitic vengeance. Islamic men, women, and children (heretics) were slaughtered during the Crusades. We notice that al Qaeda attacks have been in Christian countries, with the most attention-getting attack being right here in the most powerful Christian nation on earth. From the extremist al Qaeda point of view, this is pay-back time.

Remember that al Qaeda does not represent Islam. In their proactive attacks, al Qaeda is in direct violation of the Koran, for the Koran prohibits first-strike assaults. Islamic leaders, world wide, have condemned the extremist actions of al Qaeda.

But, there is an even more basic reason why America makes a great target for angry outsiders. We are arrogant. When abroad, our tourists are arrogant. When we are occupying overseas bases, our soldiers are arrogant, especially in third world countries. I don't think we even know we are arrogant, but foriegn people and foriegn languages and quaint customs make us uncomfortable, so we are standoffish and we seem vain. Topping this off, our State Department is officious and arrogant in its negotiations with foreign dignitaries. America is a very young nation in a world-wide community of nations with 1000+ year histories, yet we present ourselves like The Boss. Between being arrogant and being Christian, we irritate the world.

Coming into the Ten Year Anniversary of 9-11, we have not learned to curb our arrogance. As an irritant, we are an itch, and itches get scratched ...