toldailytopic: Is the Muslim community doing enough to help thwart the actions of Isl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Are the Muslim women, who are bringing a charge against a Christian mother of 5 in Afghanistan, and calling for her execution for blaspheming Muhammad, extremists?
Sounds like, though I don't know the case. Couldn't and wouldn't happen here or in any Western republic. At least not now.

Were Christian "witch burners" extremists or the norm? Context plays a role.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Sounds like, though I don't know the case. Couldn't and wouldn't happen here or in any Western republic. At least not now.

Were Christian "witch burners" extremists or the norm? Context plays a role.
Your question is the right one, because the entire religion of Islam is based on witch burning. That is the problem.

WizardofOz

Yes, Pakistan, that's what I thought I typed, until I looked at my post. I get my stans confused, when I get tired.

To answer your question, yes.

Blaspheme charges are extreme but extremely rare. If my numbers are correct, about 1 in 4 million are charged with blaspheme.

ghost

Hall of Fame

Blaspheme charges are extreme, they are also extremely rare. If my numbers are correct, about 1 in 4 million are charged with blaspheme.
And how many Muslims are against the Sharia Law for blasphemy?

WizardofOz

And how many Muslims are against the Sharia Law for blasphemy?

I wouldn't expect them to be in an uproar about it. Muslims mostly respect state authority and only a tiny fringe of people are ever charged with these obscure laws.

You think she'll actually be executed? :nono:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Blaspheme charges are extreme but extremely rare. If my numbers are correct, about 1 in 4 million are charged with blaspheme.
Is that why there are no Christian churches in Muslim countries? My guess is that there are not that many cases of blaspheme because they simply do not allow other religions in their sphere of governance.

That's not a description of a peaceful religion.

WizardofOz

Is that why there are no Christian churches in Muslim countries?

Which countries?

My guess is that there are not that many cases of blaspheme because they simply do not allow other religions in their sphere of governance.

The majority has a tendency to oppress the minority. It's a description of human nature.

ghost

Hall of Fame
How many Christians would condone stoning homosexuals?

There you go. Someone is always itching to pick up the stone.
But, I was for the death penalty for crimes committed against man, before I was a Christian. For the Christian, seeking justice for crimes is not a religious mandate.

Do you think God considers Islam a legitimate "religion"? Do you think He supports Sharia Law?

ghost

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't expect them to be in an uproar about it. Muslims mostly respect state authority and only a tiny fringe of people are ever charged with these obscure laws.

You think she'll actually be executed? :nono:
The Muslims are as committed to Sharia Law as the Jews were to the 10 commandments. It is not an option for them to disobey the commands in the Qur'an. If they do, then they are deserving of death themselves.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which countries?
How about a more mainstream country such as Sadia Arabia? I think it was only a couple of years ago when liberals around the world began to brag about the first "Christian" church being built in Sadia Arabia. There's tolerance for ya! :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Is that why there are no Christian churches in Muslim countries?
Because they're are...not in Saudi Arabia, to be sure, but nearly anywhere else you'd want to go. Here's an article that has links to photos of Christian churches in a number of Muslim countries. Apparently the Vatican is negotiating with the Saudis to build there. Don't know how that will turn out.

According to a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic relations, Ibrahim Hooper:

“There are lots of Christian churches and synagogues in Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Jordan, Indonesia, Qatar, Kuwait. … If you go to any number of so-called Muslim countries you will see thriving Christian and Jewish populations. The only one where you don’t see it, where you can’t have a Christian church or synagogue is Saudi Arabia,”​

See: PolitiFact.com.

Which is what you'd expect from an inaccurate description.

ghost

Hall of Fame
According to a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic relations, Ibrahim Hooper:

“There are lots of Christian churches and synagogues in Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Jordan, Indonesia, Qatar, Kuwait. … If you go to any number of so-called Muslim countries you will see thriving Christian and Jewish populations. The only one where you don’t see it, where you can’t have a Christian church or synagogue is Saudi Arabia,”​
CAIR is the same organization that has been funding Hamas - a terrorist organization. This is not helping your argument.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But, I was for the death penalty for crimes committed against man, before I was a Christian.
Many people are, pre and post, but the only argument for connecting the DP and homosexuality is religious.

And there may be Arabs who support the DP for secular reasons, but it doesn't address my point and parallel.

For the Christian, seeking justice for crimes is not a religious mandate.
That's true for some, apparently not for many others.

Do you think God considers Islam a legitimate "religion"? Do you think He supports Sharia Law?
I side with Lewis on the true Christian Myth and think Islam, like most religions, is an echo of the full flesh of Christ. Christ was rather clear on his role and relation to man and I will not and do not dispute it. How God deals with the virtuous pagan or the man who has not heard the good news is beyond my understanding, but not beyond my trust.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Many people are, pre and post, but the only argument for connecting the DP and homosexuality is religious.
Indirectly, because, as you know, God also called murder, stealing, adultery, crimes. God has to be in any equation regarding how we are to govern in our country, state, school, church, home, etc., seeing as how He did create us.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
CAIR is the same organization that has been funding Hamas - a terrorist organization. This is not helping your argument.

How, if established as actual aid aimed at bolstering terrorist activity, would that affect the presence of Churches, photographed and noted, in Muslim countries?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Indirectly, because, as you know, God also called murder, stealing, adultery, crimes.
I didn't say there weren't secular parallels to a number of Biblical prohibitions. But it doesn't alter my comment on the one noted. It's religious in origin.

God has to be in any equation regarding how we are to govern in our country, state, school, church, home, etc., seeing as how He did create us.
You're making arguments against positions I haven't taken the other side of.

Back on point: you made a point of asking for numbers of Muslims against laws relating to blasphemy and I noted the willingness of certain segments of Christendom to embrace similar practice. The distinction between the two factions is a secular government that limits the power of people to accomplish that sort of thing.

ghost

Hall of Fame
How, if established as actual aid aimed at bolstering terrorist activity, would that affect the presence of Churches, photographed and noted, in Muslim countries?
You appeared to use them as a reputable source. If that is not what you intended, I apologize.

As far as them allowing churches, maybe they they finally saw the Godfather Part II

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Status
Not open for further replies.