toldailytopic: Is it immoral to smoke Marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Ktoyou. Im not talking about sobreity as it relates to performing specific functions That is another kind of morality. Here is the morality that i am talking about: Why do you want to remove yourself from a sober state of mind? Is it to escape reality? Is it to have a blast and experience strawberry fields forever? To fit in with a crowd of partiers and ne er do wells? Because you like being stoned out of your mind? These are all immoral reasons.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Ktoyou. Here is the morality that i am talking about: Why do you want to remove yourself from a sober state of mind? Is it to escape reality? Is it to have a blast and experience strawberry fields forever? To fit in with a crowd of partiers and ne er do wells? Because you like being stoned out of your mind? These are all immoral reasons.

Let's break this down, what is reality? Do you think you and I share the same reality?

Zeke

*Fluoride
That's a red herring if I ever saw one. Besides, everyone knows that the doses of fluoride in drinking water are so low the only traceable adverse effect is dental fluorosis... Big whoop in comparison with total lack of self control - which is marijuana's consistent effect...

Some dispute your whoops, and say its far more harmfull than "any benifits to having it in the water", so why is it in there? Your toothpaste tells you this, Keep out of reach of children. If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a posion control center right away.

Fluoride being a cavity fighter is a myth like home ownership, neither are true.

As long as you injest naturaly grown pot, like natural spring water,the effects are more benifical than harmfull.

lucybelle

TOL Princess
Some dispute your whoops, and say its far more harmfull than "any benifits to having it in the water", so why is it in there? Your toothpaste tells you this, Keep out of reach of children. If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a posion control center right away.

Fluoride being a cavity fighter is a myth like home ownership, neither are true.

As long as you injest naturaly grown pot, like natural spring water,the effects are more benifical than harmfull.

There's so much wrong here that... welll...

nah - better leave idiots to themselves...

student_ad_x

...........I was a musician for a number of years. I heard things. :D
Indeed :jazz:

The caricature of a "pot head" smoking a "Cheech and Chong" joint to escape reality versus the conservative medicinal use of a "one hitter" or a "pinner" every 4-6 hours to alleviate pain or even anxiety/depression........... morality :think:

Zeke

Does that mean you think it should be legal? I'm not particularly in favor of it, adding one more sanctioned log to a potentially destructive bonfire, but I can't see the argument against it being too removed from any number of legal substances that are brutally addictive and tied to fatal illnesses.

Zeke-No, we can't have reefer maddness ruining the country, how would we ever get young men to fight and kill for the cause of justice and all that liberty, pune intended.

Just show me the law lawyer man! Everybody likes legitmite taxes under the constitution that is.

Dena

*sigh*

An 'average' pothead would be as tolerant to a joint as an 'average' drinker would be to a glass of wine.

Now, give a non drinker a glass of wine and then ask them to fold the laundry. Do you think they would complete the task? Now, assume that basket of laundry is a baby.......

If I drank a glass of wine there is a good chance I'd just throw up. My body hates alcohol and I do not drink it. I've never been anywhere near drunk.

I have used marijuana and gone to work at a retail job (years ago). I did just fine. There weren't any problems. I was not an incompetent, lazy moron. I was just relaxed is all. Same as someone who takes anti-anxiety medication. I could have folded plenty of laundry.

It seems there is this idea that if you use marijuana you are totally stoned out of your mind. That can be the case but that is not what Thunder's Muse or I am talking about. :)

Thunder's Muse

Whoa there.
I think my point sort of bounced off your head a little.

Oh...am I a little dim witted for you? Poor me. :plain:

Scientifically speaking -we can measure a persons blood alcohol content. By law a person with a glass of wine in their system, with a body mass of 140 will not be considered too drunk to operate a vehicle - by the line of reasoning - they should be able to handle themselves with a laundry basket and subsequently, a baby.

But that's not the only thing to be taken into account. If a person who never drinks alcohol, was to have a glass of wine, they would be much more imapared, even with the same blood alcohol reading, as a person who regularly drinks.

However - a persons weight will not determine the effect that marijuana has on them. The interpretation of blood concentrations here is practically impossible to establish.

No but the amount a person smokes will definately determine how stoned they get from a joint (or a cone, bong which is less marijuana than a joint). A person who has never smoked it will get a much bigger high than someone who smokes it regularly.

You're trying to say an apple is an orange because they're both fruit. Yes, they're both fruit - but they're totally different.

Perhaps it was my point that went over your head.

Thunder's Muse

If I drank a glass of wine there is a good chance I'd just throw up. My body hates alcohol and I do not drink it. I've never been anywhere near drunk.

I've been drunk plenty of times but I haven't really had much to drink since I had my kids. Now, I simply dislike the way it makes me feel, so I choose not to drink....also, I'd be vomiting, too and I really don't like doing that. :plain:

I have used marijuana and gone to work at a retail job (years ago). I did just fine. There weren't any problems. I was not an incompetent, lazy moron. I was just relaxed is all. Same as someone who takes anti-anxiety medication. I could have folded plenty of laundry.

:chuckle:

It seems there is this idea that if you use marijuana you are totally stoned out of your mind. That can be the case but that is not what Thunder's Muse or I am talking about. :)

:)

student_ad_x

Does that mean you think it should be legal?
On the moral issue, should it be considered a viable and legal option for responsible use? IMO yep......... and with a bit of structuring the whole shebang might take a trillion or so off the federal deficit :eek:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's a reason why it's illegal - and for that matter, we should have tobacco on the same list of no-no's.

What about morphine? Vicodin? Should those be controlled or illegal?

Smoking tobacco illegal? When did you become a thought nazi? I don't recall that.

Status
Not open for further replies.