toldailytopic: How does one get to heaven?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not hang my beliefs on one or two passages from the bible
especially Paul's stuff,

Thanks for admiting two things. You misinterpret, and Paul is saying something different. Your golden parachute of Paul isn't interpreted is a no go.

assuranceagent

and also by doing everything Jesus says to do.

Heaven is going to be a quiet place.

there is no such thing as what Luther taught, that you can sin and it wont keep you from Heaven.

That's not exactly what Luther taught. For if it were, he'd have been right on. What Luther taught, that is at odds with the scripture, is that 'we should sin more that grace may abound.'

There is a distinct difference there that I'm sure you can sort through if you put your heart into it.

Even if your sins are forgiven, you can end up in deep levels of Purgatory and the saints say that this is VERY painful

Well...we're certainly getting into deep levels of...

...something. :AMR:

Incidentally, which saints have you spoken to of their experiences in purgatory? What did they tell you? Do they ever get that smoky smell outta their clothes? And did you get any autographs?

sin affects people. Even when you are forgiven of a mortal sin, there is much work to be done to be 100% expiated of that sin. By work i mean massive rosaries, offering up of one's sufferings in atonemnet, doing good to make up for the bad you have done (pennace) --

How big a rosary are we talkin'? :think:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
"And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. [32] And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: [33] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. [34] Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. [35] For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

[36] Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. [37] Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? [38] And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? [39] Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? [40] And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

[41] Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. [42] For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink. [43] I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me. [44] Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee? [45] Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.

[46] And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting" (Matthew 25:31-46).

To get into Heaven, you have to pass an exam. And there's only two questions on it: Did you love God with all your heart, mind and strength? Did you love your neighbor as yourself? Matthew 22:37-39.

You cannot love your God, whom you cannot see, if you do not love your brother, whom you can see. I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of a favorite charity of mine, and I hope all of you who can donate will donate. Something like 97% of donations goes to feeding, clothing, etc. the poor in third world countries. Remember: whatever you do to them or do not do to them, you've done or not done for Jesus Christ Our Lord, who came into the world as a poor man (2 Corinthians 8:9):

Food For the Poor

Whatsoever You Do To The Least Of My People

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Traditio,
If you're driving home one day and you see smoke billowing over the trees in the distance in the general area of your home, what is your first thought?
As you get closer and see that the source of the smoke is indeed in your neighborhood, what is your next thought?
As you round the corner and are convinced that it's definitely coming from your block, what is your next thought?

The answer to these questions will prove if you love your neighbor as yourself...or not.

Randy

elohiym

To the degree you love yourself is the degree you love your neighbor. In that way, you always love your neighbor as yourself and fulfill the commandment.

Put another way ...

"... to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little." Luke 7:47

elohiym

Remember: whatever you do to them or do not do to them, you've done or not done for Jesus Christ Our Lord ...

That could only be possible if God's Spirit animated every person on earth, which is the case.

Is that what you believe? :think:

elohiym

Forgive me for being a little slow tonight, but was the implication of Chickenman's questions that if we first think "I hope it's not my house" it means we don't love our neighbor as ourself? :idunno:

Paidion

Love worketh no ill to his neighbor. Every time you tell someone they have to DO something to be saved you work ill to your neighbor.

Did the apostle Paul teach that you had to DO something in order to receive everlasting life? It seems so.

For he will render to everyone according to his works: to those who by perseverance in well‑doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, he will give everlasting life; but for those who are self-seeking and are not persuaded by the truth, but are persuaded by wickedness, there will be wrath and fury.

Affliction and anguish for every person who does evil ... but glory and honour and well-being for every one who does good ... For God shows no partiality. (Romans 2:6-11)

Esquilax

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 5th, 2011 09:08 AM

toldailytopic: How does one get to heaven?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
## Become the kind of person who will find that environment natural to live in :)

IXOYE

If you ask (even if you don't), the self-proclaimed Righteous will give you the address of heaven. Program it into the GPS on your golden slippers and rock on. Fire and brimstone? Nah, just your imagination LOL

Heh! And tell you where your castle and crown will be which is somehow not as good as theirs, ever!

IXOYE

Then believe that Jesus Christ paid the wages of sin (Romans 6:23 KJV) for God made Him (Jesus Christ) to be sin for you (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV). Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried and rose again on the third day (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). You've seen it on this website a million times. Receive the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). This is not complicated. It's simple. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved!

He's Catholic, he believes all of that. Glad you cleared that up now. We can get off the.Catholics butts.

IXOYE

You can either try to be perfect, or you can be made perfect. One's hard (impossible). The other is easy (except for being hard on the pride).

You get to choose, chrys.

Well, I agree 100% with the being made perfect part. Bit Catholics. Are infinitely better than us Protestants. At doing what Scripture. Says to do to be made perfect. Eph 4:12-17.
Basically, the church's leadership is to guide you through works of service so you gain knowledge of Christ, and unity in the church, until you reach the full, complete and thorough perfection/maturity of Jesus on earth had. Yiu better read that slowly before you respond. But that is EXACTLY what the Church of Rome teaches. Never that yiu are saved by works. That is a lying slanderous strawman, or red Herring, depending on the circumstances.

Chrysler. I'm sick and tired of defending you, Xian we fight over something already. The rules of Xianity says we have an unnatural relationship, we agree.