toldailytopic: Hate the sin, love the sinner. What are your thoughts on that common s

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You brought up 1 Corinthians 11:32 KJV as if it applies TO us. It doesn't. God is not angry at anyone in the dispensation of the grace of God and you know it.

I hate to split hairs with a believer, but here it goes.

4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

andyc

How does it not apply to us?

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
-Ephesians 4:30

Paul commends us not to grieve the Holy Spirit, indicating that we are capable of doing so.

While sin is not imputed to those under grace in the dispensation of grace we are still chastened by the Spirit when we submit to the flesh and focus upon it rather than upon Christ.

So.....you do believe that Christians can sin when they focus on the flesh. You need to be more consistent.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Genuineoriginal, when I and other liberals rebuke Christians for their intolerance of gay people, and their self-righteous and judgmental attitudes, does this mean
I "hate" Christians? Not at all .

faramir77

One becomes that into which one is born into, the values, customs, moreas and beliefs of that culture.

a merciful heart of compassion born of pity, understanding the corruption residing within the heart of everyone born into the earth under the Sun.
sadly, they have scant-little understanding of their very own drives and compultions, what motivates them, how easily they can be manipulated and decieved.

Thus thru this lense do i observe them, with pity. Not rendering evil for evil, but blessing them that dispitefully use me. Patiently enduring bitter scorn, effortlessly.
Conforming to Christs image as required, projecting the charater attributes of the most High God as outlined in His Holy Word.
For the natural man neither understands, nor can he understand, the things of God.

Is it any suprise that those taught the ignoble theory they evolved from animals, conduct themsevles as base animals?

genuineoriginal

Genuineoriginal, when I and other liberals rebuke Christians for their intolerance of gay people, and their self-righteous and judgmental attitudes, does this mean
I "hate" Christians? Not at all .

No, it means you "hate" God, because God is the one that said that homosexual acts are an abomination worthy of death.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
God did not say that homosexuals should be executed. The Bible does.
God did not write the Bible any more than I did. The Bible is a book written by humans .
So you really want the U.S. government to execute gay people just because of an ancient book written during the Bronze Age by primitive Semitic tribesmen living in a time of total ignorance and blind superstition.
Okay, if we're going to execute gay people, why don't we also execute any one caught in adultery, allow parents to kill their children for being disrespectful to them.
and also make it illegal to eat shellfish , to work or do anything on Sunday,
and execute people for wearing clothes with two kinds of fabric on them.
The Bible calls these "abominations" too. Okay, and let's also execute any one who is a Jew, or non-christian,too. Why don't you move to Saudi Arabia or Iran, where they REALLY don't like gay people.
I suppose you're also one of those conservatives who want "limited" government . Some limited government you want.

genuineoriginal

God did not write the Bible any more than I did. The Bible is a book written by humans .
The God of Avraham, Yitzchak and Yaakov said that a homosexual act is an abomination worthy of death.

You serve a different god.

Ed Walton

The LORD doesn’t throw sins, into the cosmic incinerator.
Telling the sinner whose life is filled with gluttony, debauchery, sexual immorality, and idolatry; “all is well” is a clear demonstration of hate.

I like dichotomies, this is my favorite:
The LORD Jesus Christ didn’t command the centurion; to remove the repentant thief, from his cross.
HE’ll not ask us; if the man rotting in prison, has been falsely accused.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So you really want the U.S. government to execute gay people just because of an ancient book written during the Bronze Age by primitive Semitic tribesmen living in a time of total ignorance and blind superstition.
Okay, if we're going to execute gay people, why don't we also execute any one caught in adultery, allow parents to kill their children for being disrespectful to them.
and also make it illegal to eat shellfish , to work or do anything on Sunday,
and execute people for wearing clothes with two kinds of fabric on them.
The Bible calls these "abominations" too. Okay, and let's also execute any one who is a Jew, or non-christian,too. Why don't you move to Saudi Arabia or Iran, where they REALLY don't like gay people.
I suppose you're also one of those conservatives who want "limited" government . Some limited government you want.
If you're going to claim something is written in the Bible you should at least provide the verses that say it.

For instance the food laws wherein something was an abomination it was not the eating of that was the abomination, but rather the animal itself; because of what it ate.

And I found nothing referring to mixed linens or working on the Sabbath as an abomination.:nono:

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword...olewordsonly=yes&startnumber=26&startnumber=1

And furthermore, Sunday is not, nor has it ever been, the Sabbath, fool.

And yet still, the verses about stoning a son are clearly in reference to an adult son.

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and who, when they have chastened him, will not heed them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city, to the gate of his city. And they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall put away the evil from among you, and all Israel shall hear and fear.
-Deuteronomy 21:18-21

As for executing adulterers I have no argument with that idea; I like it.

firon

How kind of you to hate them so much that you won't rebuke them.

Leviticus 19:17
17Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.​

The question Knight asked concerned unbelievers. That is altogether different from correcting brothers in the faith, but our brothers, we are to correct gently.

bybee

If you're going to claim something is written in the Bible you should at least provide the verses that say it.

For instance the food laws wherein something was an abomination it was not the eating of that was the abomination, but rather the animal itself; because of what it ate.

And I found nothing referring to mixed linens or working on the Sabbath as an abomination.:nono:

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword...olewordsonly=yes&startnumber=26&startnumber=1

And furthermore, Sunday is not, nor has it ever been, the Sabbath, fool.

And yet still, the verses about stoning a son are clearly in reference to an adult son.

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and who, when they have chastened him, will not heed them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city, to the gate of his city. And they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall put away the evil from among you, and all Israel shall hear and fear.
-Deuteronomy 21:18-21

As for executing adulterers I have no argument with that idea; I like it.

Well, I know I'd still be alive.

firon

I hate to split hairs with a believer, but here it goes.

4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
That is not said concerning a minister of the gospel. He is speaking of a govermental agent whose legal duty is to fully apply the law of a nation. The harshness you suggest is not to be applied by others.

firon

Scripture says otherwise.

That pertains to unbelievers. It is not our place to correct thiose outside the church. And it is never our place to correct a brother who may have been mistakenly accused. There are those in congregations who are like Satan: eager to place blame and accuse God's people day and night without cause on the basis of false accusations - Satan's favorite favorite thrill!!