toldailytopic: Guilty pleasures. Share some things you eat, drink, smoke, or do, that

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
There is, however, one beverage that I enjoy--goodness help me--that I can't help but feel some guilt about.

Bud Light Chelada.

There. I said it.

I think the stuff's tasty.

Never had that one. What's it taste like?

I can enjoy the occasional Bud Light Lime. :noid:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Herrera's Bean Soup. Greasy, spicy, and addictive. Perfect for today, icy, 19 degrees F. You really need the remains of a bone-in ham, but a half-pound of bacon, diced and fried up in an iron pot will do nicely.

With jalapeno cornbread muffins, and huge tumblers of iced green tea.

I'm doing that, tonight.

Bean Soup (inspired by Herrera's Restaurant in Dallas, Texas)

1 lb. pinto beans, rinse, pick over, and soak overnight
bacon, chopped
1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped (seeded, if you're cooking for wimps)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
fresh cilantro, chopped (1/4 of a bunch)
4 cans chicken broth
2 1/2 cans water
salt and pepper to taste
1 tspn chili powder

Fry bacon until just barely crisp. Remove from pan and drain. Leave lbacon grease in the pan and fry the onion, peppers, and garlic until onion is transparent. Pour everything into a cast iron pot and simmer until beans are tender. Turn off heat and stir, mashing some of the beans against the side of the pot.

Gets better by the next day. You can used dried cilantro; it seems to work just as well. If you're in a hurry, canned pintos seem to work as well.

Selaphiel

Good single malt whisky (Favorites being Lagavulin 16, Ardbeg 10 and Talisker 10, Islay whisky being my favorite in general).

Snus. I think its called dip in the US, but calling dip for snus in terms of quality is like calling grape juice with lighter fluid for red wine. (And it is placed under the upper lip). Favorite brand is Montecristo. Don't use too much, like once a day top and I can go months without it.

I also enjoy a good white molded cheese like Brie, St.Albray or Camembert.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I drink and smoke and enjoy a fine meal as much as the next man, but don't feel guilt about these things.

There is, however, one beverage that I enjoy--goodness help me--that I can't help but feel some guilt about.

Bud Light Chelada.

There. I said it.

I think the stuff's tasty.

lol, I havent tried that particular one, but I've had terrible luck with factory flavored beer.

A Mexican in Colorado told me how to make a "Michelada". Sounds weird but I like them.
Use "Tecate" beer
Add some "Valentinas" hot sauce.
Add some worcester sauce
Add lime juice.

(was no clamato or tomato juice like you'll see in most recipes)

I don't have measurements for it, but it's real easy to experiment a little and perfect it quickly.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Well then... you need to join us in the cigar lounge.

I saw that, but I wouldn't be of much help since I'm a major newbie when it comes to cigars. I can't tell you what a good one is. :idunno: I might read it just to get tips though. :up:

I saw you drink red wine most days. What kinds of wine do you like?

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
lol, I havent tried that particular one, but I've had terrible luck with factory flavored beer.

A Mexican in Colorado told me how to make a "Michelada". Sounds weird but I like them.
Use "Tecate" beer
Add some "Valentinas" hot sauce.
Add some worcester sauce
Add lime juice.

(was no clamato or tomato juice like you'll see in most recipes)

I don't have measurements for it, but it's real easy to experiment a little and perfect it quickly.
I just vomited in my mouth and had to swallow it. Sounds nasty. The only way that sounds good is if it's mixed up in a glass and sitting next to a glass of something else...and I just drink the something else.

Worchester Sauce...REALLY!?? :noway:

I had dated my wife for less than 3 months and proposed. She responded," that's weird!" I replied," well do you like weird?" That sealed the deal!!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I really don't understand the concept of guilty pleasures. You people are weird.
It's called a figure of speech. And you think we are weird? :kookoo:

A guilty pleasure is something that isn't morally wrong at all. Instead, it's something that if not done in moderation would probably kill you. Yet we indulge anyways.... because... in moderation, we enjoy it!

But... I think you know all this right? You just like to act like you don't. :loser:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If it's crummy wine I agree with you... terrible. I'll bet the wine that Jesus made was pretty good. :up:

Only terrible if you don't add a little Grand Marnier on top.

You let me down, I thought you had no vices?
Who said anything about vices? :idunno:

There isn't anything immoral about drinking wine, margarita's, or smoking cigars. I'm at the point in my life where I'm frankly not too concerned about living up to anyone's expectations of how they think I should act.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Bite sized Reese's peanut butter cups, snicker's bars and kit-kat bars. I also enjoy baking a cake every now and then...and consuming the uncooked remains after pouring the mix into the pans. :noid:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I hate beer. I used to mix it with 7-UP just to be cool and get drunk (teen).

I find it hard to defend tobacco in any way (but both my parents died of cancer post-smoking).

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
It's called a figure of speech. And you think we are weird? :kookoo:
There's lots of reasons why I think you are weird, this is just another.

A guilty pleasure is something that isn't morally wrong at all. Instead, it's something that if not done in moderation would probably kill you. Yet we indulge anyways.... because... in moderation, we enjoy it!
So why is it called a guilty pleasure? Do you tell yourself that you are a bad person when you are enjoying your cigar? If you have enough sense to do it in moderation, where does the guilt come in?

But... I think you know all this right? You just like to act like you don't. :loser:
No, actually I don't, and I think that should be obvious by this point. Try harder, please.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
She is thinking she'd like to be a chef some day, so I'm gonna have a hard time keeping my girlish figure over the next few years :eek:

No offense, but I have more of a girlish figure than you. Your figure is a lot of things...it ain't girlish. Herculean, Atlantean, Amazonian, brutal, caveman-like...yes.

Girlish?

:rotfl:

But no.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Bite sized Reese's peanut butter cups,

The mixture of chocolate and peanut butter is probably the best combination ever created. :cloud9:

Snickers are good too.
And Twix.

I like gummy stuff as well. :chew:

Status
Not open for further replies.