toldailytopic: Does your opinion about homosexuality change if the behavior turns out

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think it would be interesting to see what people who oppose both homosexuality and abortion would do. Probably go about things in denial or try to train the child against it's nature.

If you want some real nightmare fuel, consider a theocratic country that possesses this kind of screening tech. And that stones their gays.:shocked:

At the very least they'd need to develop a watch list.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
You are speaking from experience, of course, so who am I to doubt you?
:plain:

“A man who has an argument is always at the mercy of a man who has an experience”
Looks like your argument fails in light of Persephone66's experience.
I was cracking a joke. It went over your head. I figured the outrageousness of such a claim would have tipped of any educated person.

My actual experience is quite the opposite.

zippy2006

If you want some real nightmare fuel, consider a theocratic country that possesses this kind of screening tech. And that stones their gays.:shocked:

At the very least they'd need to develop a watch list.

Fortunately holding that homosexuality is disordered generally goes hand in hand with respecting the rights of human beings from the point of conception.

If you want some real nightmare fuel, consider the secular society murdering millions of babies a year, stoning anyone who is young enough and unwanted. Oh wait, that actually happens and isn't a far-removed hypothetical. :shocked:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Fortunately holding that homosexuality is disordered generally goes hand in hand with respecting the rights of human beings from the point of conception.

One manner of complete and utter ignorance doesn't forgive one step forward in the right direction. You guys have zero leg to stand on when you start pontificating about human rights. The right to be like you isn't the definition of liberty, zip.

zippy2006

One manner of complete and utter ignorance doesn't forgive one step forward in the right direction. You guys have zero leg to stand on when you start pontificating about human rights. The right to be like you isn't the definition of liberty, zip.

Only pointing out the improbability of your nightmare scenario :e4e:

genuineoriginal

I was cracking a joke. It went over your head. I figured the outrageousness of such a claim would have tipped of any educated person.

My actual experience is quite the opposite.

I understood that you were cracking a joke, but thought it worked much better with you as the straight man setting up a joke for my punch line.

:rotfl:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You seem to have forgotten that this was a theology site when you tried to dismiss my argument because it was based on a belief in the Bible.
:wave2:

Nope ... not at all. I always dismiss arguments that are solely based on religion.

genuineoriginal

Nope ... not at all. I always dismiss arguments that are solely based on religion.

My argument is not solely based on religion, but you probably missed that.

Here it is again:
Nope.
Adultery is still a sin worthy of death because of the harm it does to the individuals, the families, and the societies where it is tolerated.
US scientists discovered Adultery Gene
Genes associated with sensation-seeking behaviors, such as drinking alcohol or gambling, may also be associated with sexual promiscuity and infidelity, according to a new study.
Oh yeah, same thing goes for acting on perverted homosexual desires.
:thumb:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which, funnily enough, is well out of proportion to the amount of homosexuals you have . . . . . Funny that.

1 in 5 men who have sex with men in 21 U.S. cities has HIV; nearly half unaware

Study highlights urgent HIV prevention needs for men who have sex with men, especially young men and men of color

Approximately one in five (19 percent) men who have sex with men (MSM) in a study of 21 major U.S. cities is infected with HIV, and nearly half (44 percent) of those men are unaware of their infection, according to a new analysis from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In the study, young MSM and MSM of color were least likely to know their HIV status. The findings were published today in CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/Newsroom/ngmHAAD2010PressRelease.html

Morbidity and Mortality; "MM" should be added to the GLBT acronym since it's such a huge part of their lifestyle.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My argument is not solely based on religion, but you probably missed that.

Here it is again:

I didn't miss it ... I dismissed it. Homosexuality (an act of consensual sex) only has an impact on the two individuals involved. Two, disease free partners are at zero risk.

Anyone who considers having sex should take it upon themselves to verify that their partner is free of diseases.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It appears that those who have had sex changes (the "T" in the GLBT acronym) are over represented in that category.

"Transgender communities in the United States (US) are among the groups at highest risk for HIV infection."
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/transgender/index.htm

Here are some numbers I gleaned from that link for those who don't want to browse the entire link:

2009 - Newly identified HIV infection was 2.6% among transgender persons compared with 0.9% for males and 0.3% for females.

Among transgender persons, the highest percentage of newly identified HIV infection was among blacks (4.4%) and Hispanics (2.5%)

In New York City, from 2005–2009, there were 206 new diagnoses of HIV infection among transgender people, 95% of which were among transgender women. Approximately 90% of MtF and FtM people newly diagnosed with HIV infection were black or Hispanic.

Among newly diagnosed people, 50% of transgender women had documentation in their medical records of substance use, commercial sex work, homelessness, incarceration, and/or sexual abuse as compared with 31% of other people who were not transgender.

Many transgender women reported high levels of alcohol and substance use. These substances can affect judgment and lead to unsafe sexual practices, which can increase HIV risk.

These are their words not mine. This lifestyle comes at a high risk for those who engage in it. Many of these transsexuals don't know they are infected.