toldailytopic: Are some people born predestined to go to hell?

Arthur Brain

The Bible says that we're to always be ready to give an answer for the hope that's in us. So, I suspect you just gave your answer!!!

Anyone who isn't ready to announce publicly that they're a Christian, more than likely, is not!!!

That's all I have to say about that "brain!!"

Well I hope you were genuine about your last comment. I could care less about labels be it you or anyone else who makes such a fuss over it.

glorydaz

Nang, If there was an "elect" (the kind that was chosen before the foundation of the world) then, no matter if they were witnessed to or not, they would still be saved because it would be ordained of God! In truth God's Grace is preached to
a world of lost sinners and those who respond with faith will receive mercy, forgiveness, and eternal life through the shed blood of Christ and His resurrection!!!

Amen. What was predestined from the foundation is all those IN the ELECT ONE (In Christ) will be conformed into His image.

According to His PURPOSE....His purpose was to raise up for Himself a peculiar people of FAITH...in whom He would dwell. That "nation" or "people" of Faith are the elect of God. Those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are then born of God and given eternal LIFE.

Believing comes before life. Romans 10:9

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Amen. What was predestined from the foundation is all those IN the ELECT ONE (In Christ) will be conformed into His image.

According to His PURPOSE....His purpose was to raise up for Himself a peculiar people of FAITH...in whom He would dwell. That "nation" or "people" of Faith are the elect of God. Those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are then born of God and given eternal LIFE.

Believing comes before life. Romans 10:9

Amen! At least one person on this thread knows what they're talking about!!!! Thank you...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think it best if people are going to talk about spiritual matters and use Scripture to try to convince others that their opinion outweighs other's opinions, that they be "open" about their actual beliefs or unbelief's before the debate begins.
If a person is an agnostic/atheist or cultist why argue over something you
don't even believe in. Of course it's a good thing for them to ask questions but for them to tell a Bible believing, church going, Bible studying Christian that they don't know what they're talking about and the agnostic/atheist/cultist does know, seems like an exercise in futility. That's why I respect people like Rusha, etc, who
don't hide the idea that they don't believe. At least a Christian has an idea of who they're speaking to...

glorydaz

No one is saying it doesn't but rather questioning the "truth" of eternal torment as if such is taught.

Eternal "torment" is non-existance...being separated from God.

I realize many think hell is burning forever in the lake of fire, but I'm not one of them. I believe the unbelievers will suffer the second death as spoken of in Rev. 2 Thess. 1:8-9 show how it will be accomplished.

v9Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord,

There shall be "weeping and gnashing of teeth" when men stand before the Throne of God and are judged. They can't be cast into "outer darkness" and the "lake of fire" at the same time. It's talking about "everlasting destruction" or separation from God and the living...those who have been written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Matt. 25:30
And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

glorydaz

You're example of a "Lake of fire" is worldly, fleshly. In the Spiritual realm we don't know exactly what that will be like. Revelation speaks
about such an occurrence but we as human beings can only understand
destruction and cessation of life through imperfect human understanding. Perhaps the words God uses helps us to understand because of our finite minds!!

Isn't that the truth? :thumb:

Some would say this verse speaks of the Old Covenant. So we have all kinds of extremes concerning exactly HOW the Lord is going to perform His Judgement.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Arthur Brain

I think it best if people are going to talk about spiritual matters and use Scripture to try to convince others that their opinion outweighs other's opinions, that they be "open" about their actual beliefs or unbelief's before the debate begins.
If a person is an agnostic/atheist or cultist why argue over something you
don't even believe in. Of course it's a good thing for them to ask questions but for them to tell a Bible believing, church going, Bible studying Christian that they don't know what they're talking about and the agnostic/atheist/cultist does know, seems like an exercise in futility. That's why I respect people like Rusha, etc, who
don't hide the idea that they don't believe. At least a Christian has an idea of who they're speaking to...

I told you my beliefs before, after a load of assumptions on your part as to how my lack of a 'label' meant you weren't willing to engage in dialogue on an entirely separate matter. You initiated a private convo on the matter that went on for several replies which resulted in an understanding even if we weren't in total agreement. I've been honest with you and my stances on these issues are hardly secret or hidden.

:e4e:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Isn't that the truth? :thumb:

Some would say this verse speaks of the Old Covenant. So we have all kinds of extremes concerning exactly HOW the Lord is going to perform His Judgement.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

That's true. We can't really know for certain. I grew up hearing about and believing in a place called Hell. Now, in my "later years" I'm not certain if the "lake of fire" represents total spiritual annihilation or something more aggressive. I'm not sure that anyone actually knows
for certain...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I told you my beliefs before, after a load of assumptions on your part as to how my lack of a 'label' meant you weren't willing to engage in dialogue on an entirely separate matter. You initiated a private convo on the matter that went on for several replies which resulted in an understanding even if we weren't in total agreement. I've been honest with you and my stances on these issues are hardly secret or hidden.

:e4e:

I'm an old geezer and I don't remember. So if you could find it in your heart to be respectful and remind me it would be appreciated and you would gain my respect...

Arthur Brain

Eternal "torment" is non-existance...being separated from God.

So you believe in annihilation then?

I realize many think hell is burning forever in the lake of fire, but I'm not one of them. I believe the unbelievers will suffer the second death as spoken of in Rev. 2 Thess. 1:8-9 show how it will be accomplished.

v9Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord,

As above. Also, you didn't answer my question from earlier. Are you familiar with the original texts and translations? The early church aka Origen etc?

There shall be "weeping and gnashing of teeth" when men stand before the Throne of God and are judged. They can't be cast into "outer darkness" and the "lake of fire" at the same time. It's talking about "everlasting destruction" or separation from God and the living...those who have been written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

So when does every knee bow, every tongue confess and praise given to God occur then?

Matt. 25:30
And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

There's weeping and gnashing of teeth in this life often enough. It doesn't mean to say it's an ongoing process without hope of respite or cure.

Arthur Brain

I'm an old geezer and I don't remember. So if you could find it in your heart to be respectful and remind me it would be appreciated and you would gain my respect...

Sure, I told you I veer to the Universal viewpoint where everything in creation is reconciled to God, basically speaking.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
That was a completely out of line response.

Lighthouse is asking you an honest question. You typically mock the open view yet on this thread you are clearly supporting it. :i dunno:

What gives?

I don't support the open view, whatsoever!

I don't support a strictly Calvinist view or a strictly Arminian view. At my church we aren't interested in drawing such lines as to make either a Calvinist view totally accurate or an Arminian view totally accurate as what the Bible teaches is a little of both.

"We must recognize that while some may be Arminians, others Calvinists,
others deploring the use of such names, none are heretics!"

------------------

As for the open view our church would steer clear of that, period.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well if you say that Calvinism is a 'pseudo-hypothesis', you have to say Arminianism is as well. They are offshoots of Catholic doctrine on complete opposite ends.
And all are offshoots of paganism; at least in respect to the settled view...

God includes in His plan all who will believe. Your wrath against predestination and God's foreknowledge is wasted effort and diminishes your purpose.
So obfuscation it is then.

:loser:

I don't support the open view, whatsoever!

I don't support a strictly Calvinist view or a strictly Arminian view. At my church we aren't interested in drawing such lines as to make either a Calvinist view totally accurate or an Arminian view totally accurate as what the Bible teaches is a little of both.

"We must recognize that while some may be Arminians, others Calvinists,
others deploring the use of such names, none are heretics!"

------------------

As for the open view our church would steer clear of that, period.
Seriously, you're a fool.:Servent: