toldailytopic: Are all sins equal?

andyc

What's truly sad, and completely expected, is the fact that you quoted no Scripture to support your position.

So if I claimed to be a Christian but openly confessed that I committed adultery, cheated on my taxes, and sold stolen goods for a living, this would not harm my testimony?
And you need a scripture for this?
Have you never thought about what it means to be a salt and light in the world?

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world

Philippians 1:10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ

Ephesians 5:6-13
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.

john w

Hall of Fame
We do not live in old testament times.

Matthew-John, at least prior to the dbr, is "old testament times."

From henceforth, I assume you will kindly refrain from quoting it.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Matthew 10, "old testament times": "....raise the dead...."

andyc: "...The dead still get raised today..."

andyc

Matthew-John, at least prior to the dbr, is "old testament times."

From henceforth, I assume you will kindly refrain from quoting it.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Matthew 10, "old testament times": "....raise the dead...."

andyc: "...The dead still get raised today..."

tut tut

The law was until John. I guess you'll now have to search the internet looking for an article to help you respond.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So if I claimed to be a Christian but openly confessed that I committed adultery, cheated on my taxes, and sold stolen goods for a living, this would not harm my testimony?
And you need a scripture for this?
Have you never thought about what it means to be a salt and light in the world?

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world

Philippians 1:10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ

Ephesians 5:6-13
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.
If you're openly doing those things while professing Christianity you're lying.

john w

Hall of Fame
tut tut

The law was until John. I guess you'll now have to search the internet looking for an article to help you respond.

"We do not live in old testament times."-andycain

Mt.-John, at least prior to the dbr="old testament times"

"The dead still get raised today..."-andyc

Mt. 10: "...raise the dead..."-"old testament times"

I guess you'll now have to call Benny Hinn to help you raise the dead in these "new testament times."

Talking out of both sides of his neck.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Lying about what? About being a Christian (aka, someone in the body of Christ)?

Paul's instruction is for us to have nothing to do with people living in open sin while professing to be brothers. If they are saved they are in a most wretched condition. We must not fellowship with such.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Lying about what? About being a Christian (aka, someone in the body of Christ)?
Possibly, but not necessarily. One may very well be a member of the Body and spend a time reveling in sin proudly and openly. However, they would only do so if they, at the time, did not believe in Christ as who He is and for what He has done.

Members of the Body who believe in Him for who He is and what He has done may struggle and be open about it to those who can pray for, help and lead them; and some of them may even deal with sins privately and quietly; but in the end they will seek God and His ways and to do as He pleases so that they may help lead others to seek Him and His ways.