Theology Club: Today Many in the Neo-MAD Camp are King James Only

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The first day of unleavened bread was the same day when they killed the Passover lamb:
Passover lambs were killed on the 14th.

You admitted that the Passover lamb was killed on the 14th:
Because they were.

So do you admit that the first day of unleavened bread happened on the 14th?
The 14th was Passover day, also called preparation day.
The 15th started the 7 day feast (15th-21st), which also included firstfruits).

But the entire 8 days (Passover day plus the 7 day feast) were sometimes referred to as either Passover or Unleavened Bread.
So, the 14th could be referring to the first day of Passover or Unleavened Bread, when all 8 days of the festival were in sight.

The lamb killed on the 14th, the preparation day.
The lamb eaten on the 15th, right after the 14th ended.
The day of firstfruits is not given a specific date (as 14th or 15th) because it would be on the day after the sabbath day withing the 7 day feast (and that day's date would change each year).

What about this are you not getting?

Jerry Shugart

That is right so the "day" spoken of here is the 14th:

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?... And in the evening he cometh with the twelve....And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I? And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish" (Mk.14:12,17-20; KJV).​

The following "day" is the same exact day, the 14th:

"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?... Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I? And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me" (Mt.26:17-18,20-23; KJV).​

However, according to this mistaken translation the "day" is referred to as " the first day of the feast of unleavened bread." And that day was not the "14th" but instead the "15th":

"And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread" (Lev.23:6; KJV).​

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?... And in the evening he cometh with the twelve....And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I? And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish" (Mk.14:12,17-20; KJV).

"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?... Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I? And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me" (Mt.26:17-18,20-23; KJV).​

However, according to this mistaken translation the "day" is referred to as " the first day of the feast of unleavened bread." And that day was not the "14th" but instead the "15th":

"And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread" (Lev.23:6; KJV).​
No problem, as the entire 8 day period can be referred to as Passover or Unleavened Bread.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?... And in the evening he cometh with the twelve....And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I? And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish" (Mk.14:12,17-20; KJV).

Jerry, why don't you respond to all of Tambora's post? Just as you ignored what I said, you are ignoring what she said. If you don't respond to the rest of her post, I am going to report you again for inappropriate behaviour in the theology club forum.

Jerry Shugart

No problem, as the entire 8 day period can be referred to as Passover or Unleavened Bread.

No one denied that.

The subject which you first raised and the subject I addressed concerns the day when the Passover Lamb was slain. And you have said nothing which even begins to answer the points which I raised that proved that the translation in the KJV at Matthew 26:17 is in error.

Jerry Shugart

Just as you ignored what I said, you are ignoring what she said.

You ignored what I said and you refused to answer this simple question:

Is the "day" mentioned at Matthew26:17 and the "day" mentioned at Mark 14:12 the same exact day?:

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?... And in the evening he cometh with the twelve....And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I? And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish" (Mk.14:12,17-20; KJV).​

You would rather talk about anything and everything other than this simple question about these two passages.

Come back when you are able to actually have an "intelligent" discussion on this subject.

SaulToPaul 2

If my KJB told me that pigs can fly, I would believe it regardless of what my eyes may see.

Well, you see, the Greek word is in the aorist tense which means that the word actually refers to deceased pigs aka bacon
and the word for fly can be translated as chewed in some circumstances...so the translators obviously missed this one badly.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If my KJB told me that pigs can fly, I would believe it regardless of what my eyes may see.

Well, you see, the Greek word is in the aorist tense which means that the word actually refers to deceased pigs aka bacon
and the word for fly can be translated as chewed in some circumstances...so the translators obviously missed this one badly.
Them pesky translators are just not as much as a deep thinker as you are.
:)

Jerry Shugart

Then it doesn't matter if the 14th is called the first day of Passover or the first day of Unleavened Bread; as both "Passover" and "Unleavened Bread" can refer to the entire 8 day period.

There is a big difference between the "first day of unleavened bread" and the "first day of the FEAST of unleavened bread."

One of them happened on the "14th" day of the month and the other on the "15th" day of the month."

You seem unable to tell the difference for some reason.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a big difference between the "first day of unleavened bread" and the "first day of the FEAST of unleavened bread."

One of them happened on the "14th" day of the month and the other on the "15th" day of the month."

You seem unable to tell the difference for some reason.
You seem unable to harmonize scripture.

The 14th.
Luke 22 KJV
(1) Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.

(7) Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.​

The 14th.
Mark 14 KJV
(12) And the first day of unleavened bread, [When is that?] when they killed the passover, [That's when.] his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?​

It ain't rocket science.
And we haven't even begun to talk about what "first" could mean.
1st day as in 1,2,3? Or 1st day as in the chief day?
What did they consider the chief day of the whole festival to be?

Jerry Shugart

It ain't rocket science.

Then why are you incapable of addressing what I said about your remark here?

Since this stuff is not rocket science then if you think I am wrong about anything which I said then tell me exactly what I said that is error.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not the following day. It's the same day.
The last supper was the beginning of the 14th. It's also called the preparation day. The preparation day when all leaven was to be removed from the home FIRST so that none of it could seep into the unleavened bread that had to be made that day. The lamb was also killed in the daylight hours of this same day (the ending of the day).
I suggest that Judas was the symbolic leaven being removed from the house on the beginning of the 14th (time of the last supper).

Christ was killed in the ending of the 14th, not the beginning of the 14th. The beginning of the 14th would be the evening time just before it gets dark. They are not going to be doing the sacrifice during the dark.

And later that evening (ending of the 14th) begins the beginning of the 15th when the lamb was eaten with unleavened bread. And nothing was to be left of it (lamb) by morning. If any of the lamb was not eaten that evening, it was to be burned up by morning.

glorydaz

You seem unable to harmonize scripture.

The 14th.
Luke 22 KJV
(1) Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.

(7) Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.​

The 14th.
Mark 14 KJV
(12) And the first day of unleavened bread, [When is that?] when they killed the passover, [That's when.] his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?​

It ain't rocket science.
And we haven't even begun to talk about what "first" could mean.
1st day as in 1,2,3? Or 1st day as in the chief day?
What did they consider the chief day of the whole festival to be?

I know there are High Holy Days and one of those is the day after Passover, I think.