Theology Club: Today Many in the Neo-MAD Camp are King James Only

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know there are High Holy Days and one of those is the day after Passover, I think.
Well, Firstfruits begins the day after the first Sabbath Day following the Day of Passover (the 14th).

Passover (day lamb is killed) is always on the 14th day of the month, no matter what day of the week it falls on.
Unleavened Bread always starts on the 15th.

DATE = 1st, 15th, 22nd, etc.
DAY = Monday, Wednesday, Friday. etc.)
But firstfruits is never given a date (14th, 15th, etc.) because it can only happen on Sunday (the day after the Sabbath Day), therefore, the date will change every year of Firstfuits, but the day is always the same - Sunday.
Whereas the dates of Passover & Unleavened Bread never change, but the days they fall on do change.

Passover & Unleavened Bread --- day changes, but the date is always the same.
Firstfruits ------------------------- date changes, but the day is always the same.

glorydaz

Well, Firstfruits begins the day after the first Sabbath Day following the Day of Passover (the 14th).

Passover (day lamb is killed) is always on the 14th day of the month, no matter what day of the week it falls on.
Unleavened Bread always starts on the 15th.

DATE = 1st, 15th, 22nd, etc.
DAY = Monday, Wednesday, Friday. etc.)
But firstfruits is never given a date (14th, 15th, etc.) because it can only happen on Sunday (the day after the Sabbath Day), therefore, the date will change every year of Firstfuits, but the day is always the same - Sunday.
Whereas the dates of Passover & Unleavened Bread never change, but the days they fall on do change.

Passover & Unleavened Bread --- day changes, but the date is always the same.
Firstfruits ------------------------- date changes, but the day is always the same.

Ah...well, it's way to complicated for me. I remember you doing something on this years ago. You and Steko both have a good brain for this kind of stuff. :thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah...well, it's way to complicated for me. I remember you doing something on this years ago. You and Steko both have a good brain for this kind of stuff. :thumb:

It's like your birthday. Let's just say you were born on a Monday, Jan 1st.
It falls on the same date every year.
But it does not fall on the same day every year.

That would be how Passover and Unleavened Bread is.
The date stays the same each year, while the day changes from year to year.

Not so with Firstfruits.
Firstfruits has to be on the day following the Sabbath Day within the 8 days of Passover and Unleavened Bread. That day will be Sunday every single year no matter what the date is.

lifeisgood

Not so with Firstfruits.
Firstfruits has to be on the day following the Sabbath Day within the 8 days of Passover and Unleavened Bread. That day will be Sunday every single year no matter what the date is.

Awesome! :cheers:

Jerry Shugart

It's not the following day. It's the same day.

I said that the "day" mentioned at Matthew 26:17 is the same exact "day" mentioned at Mark 14:12. That is why I said:

The following "day" is the same exact day, the 14th:

So there is no misunderstanding do you affirm that the "day" spoken of at Matthew 26:17 is the same "day" spoken of at Mark 14:12?

And later that evening (ending of the 14th) begins the beginning of the 15th when the lamb was eaten with unleavened bread. And nothing was to be left of it (lamb) by morning. If any of the lamb was not eaten that evening, it was to be burned up by morning.

No, the Passover was on the 14th, not the 15th:

"And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD" (Num.28:16).​

Here is a description of the Lord's Passover:

"And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD's Passover" (Ex.12:11).​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Not so with Firstfruits.

Awesome! :cheers:
Yay, somebody understood me!

Since we're already on the subject ......
There have been times when I wonder if this has anything to do with "not knowing the day or hour".
Especially since Israel was told to pray that their flight be not on a Sabbath Day (Matt 24:20).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said that the "day" mentioned at Matthew 26:17 is the same exact "day" mentioned at Mark 14:12. That is why I said:

The following "day" is the same exact day, the 14th:

So there is no misunderstanding do you affirm that the "day" spoken of at Matthew 26:17 is the same "day" spoken of at Mark 14:12?

No, the Passover was on the 14th, not the 15th:

"And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD" (Num.28:16).​

Here is a description of the Lord's Passover:

"And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD's Passover" (Ex.12:11).​
What time of the 14th do you think they kill the lamb?
Cause if they kill them late in the day of the 14th, then they don't have enough time to cook the lamb and eat it before the 15th starts.

Jerry Shugart

What time of the 14th do you think they kill the lamb?
Cause if they kill them late in the day of the 14th, then they don't have enough time to cook the lamb and eat it before the 15th starts.

Why did you not answer my question, especially since I answered your points? Again:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why did you not answer my question, especially since I answered your points? Again:

Because you seem to be saying that the lamb was killed, cooked, and eaten all on the 14th.

Jerry Shugart

Because you seem to be saying that the lamb was killed, cooked, and eaten all on the 14th.

Why will you not answer my question. Are you now arguing that the "day" spoken of in these two passages are two different days?:

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?... And in the evening he cometh with the twelve....And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I? And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish" (Mk.14:12,17-20; KJV).​

"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?... Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I? And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me" (Mt.26:17-18,20-23; KJV).​

Anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment knows that both passages are speaking of the same exact day.

So why do you refuse to answer my question?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment knows that both passages are speaking of the same exact day.

So why do you refuse to answer my question?

What was the question ? and the point of the question ? IOW, what are you asking and WHY are you asking it ? Gerry, maybe you need to do some self-examination and take inventory of your feelings -

Jerry Shugart

What was the question ?

Here is the question which I asked Tambora:

Are you now arguing that the "day" spoken of in these two passages are two different days?:

"And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?... And in the evening he cometh with the twelve....And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I? And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish" (Mk.14:12,17-20; KJV).​

"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?... Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I? And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me" (Mt.26:17-18,20-23; KJV).​

What about you, Patrick? Do you think that both verses are speaking about two different days or the same exact day?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Here is the question which I asked Tambora:

Are you now arguing that the "day" spoken of in these two passages are two different days?:

What about you, Patrick? Do you think that both verses are speaking about two different days or the same exact day?

New day starts at sundown son

glorydaz

Yay, somebody understood me!

Since we're already on the subject ......
There have been times when I wonder if this has anything to do with "not knowing the day or hour".
Especially since Israel was told to pray that their flight be not on a Sabbath Day (Matt 24:20).

I did too...once you used my birthday. :chuckle:

Jerry Shugart

New day starts at sundown son

According to the Bible the day started in the morning and I agree:

"In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher" (Mt.28:1; KJV).

The two Marys came to the tomb at the rising of the sun (Mk.16:1) and that is when the first day of the week began.

Now please answer my question. Are these two passages speaking about the same exact day?:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why will you not answer my question.
I just did, Jerry!!!!!!

The very quote of mine that you posted is an answer to a question you asked!!!!

You need to knock off your incessant need to have every conversation and every post go in the direction YOU want it to go.
And you have no right at all to accuse me of:
not answering your question
running and hiding
being unable to answer
blah
blah
blah

NO RIGHT AT ALL.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
According to the Bible the day started in the morning and I agree:

"In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher" (Mt.28:1; KJV).

The two Marys came to the tomb at the rising of the sun (Mk.16:1) and that is when the first day of the week began.

Now please answer my question. Are these two passages speaking about the same exact day?:

Thank you for your allegiance with the following:

“And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.”
**Genesis‬ *1:5‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/gen.1.5.asv

Amen

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did too...once you used my birthday. :chuckle:
I guess I should have used birthday and Thanksgiving.

Birthday always falls on the same date each year, but not the same day each year.

Thanksgiving always falls on the same day each year, but not the same date each year.

Live and learn!