To Those Who Think Adulterers, Homosexuals, Fornicators etc...

Kit the Coyote

if you were a psychologist and you had a patient whose family members had died from smoking related disease, who was aware of the risks associated with smoking and who decided to take up smoking - would you say that patient was dealing with a mental illness?

You are welcome for the example I provided.

I doubt you would be seeing a psychologist at this point if all you have is the situation described above. Your doctor would say you likely have a genetic predisposition to addictive behavior. That is certainly a potential mental health issue but whether it gets to mental illness would remain to be determined. And all of that is based on the smoking itself NOT on any possibility of lung cancer down the line, that would be seen as a potential consequence of smoking separate but related to the addiction issue.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
​The other was an interim until I found something I liked. A super hero has more appeal than the dusty old tree.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

I
have yet to see a better balance struck between the wrongness of homosexual activity and the need to not discriminate, then that found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

Chastity and homosexuality

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I
have yet to see a better balance struck between the wrongness of homosexual activity and the need to not discriminate, then that found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

Chastity and homosexuality

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

If a person leaves their homosexuality they may or may not be able to be married to a person of the opposite sex.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
If a person leaves their homosexuality they may or may not be able to be married to a person of the opposite sex.

Homosexuals have no desire to marry a woman and have a family. There's little point in bringing up an alternative they don't have the will to do.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Homosexuals have no desire to marry a woman and have a family. There's little point in bringing up an alternative they don't have the will to do.

A person can remain single their entire life. No problem. If they choose to get married, it should be according to God's will. Meaning, the person that they marry should also be a believer.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is important to get one's own life straight first before marrying, but then a single person who is a believer may choose to not marry anyone, if that is God's will for their life.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
A person can remain single their entire life. No problem. If they choose to get married, it should be according to God's will. Meaning, the person that they marry should also be a believer.

Crucifer is not the expert on homosexuality. He's not much of an expert on anything except lying. In fact there are homosexuals who do marry the opposite sex and develop a relationship.

The media has an iron grip on this subject more than any other subject, and they never show you the homosexuals who know they suffer from a disorder, who are in support groups, and who and live different lifestyles to counter it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Crucifer is not the expert on homosexuality. He's not much of an expert on anything except lying. In fact there are homosexuals who do marry the opposite sex and develop a relationship.

The media has an iron grip on this subject more than any other subject, and they never show you the homosexuals who know they suffer from a disorder, who are in support groups, and who and live different lifestyles to counter it.

I am not sure what to say. I guess from my experience I do not consider myself a homosexual. But I believe that sin should be dealt with before moving forward in a relationship.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Luke 20:34-36 NASB - 34 Jesus said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, 35 but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
the person that they marry should also be a believer

Meh. Maybe back then when a person was either a Christian or a straight up pagan.
In today's world, that's not really an expectation so long as you nonetheless lead your family to what God desires.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Meh. Maybe back then when a person was either a Christian or a straight up pagan.
In today's world, that's not really an expectation so long as you nonetheless lead your family to what God desires.

With the commandments and Judaism it was a must that I am married, but I wasn't married when I was working it out and I still am not. Life is not about living for oneself alone. But if you understand things right you may remain single for the right reasons if you have any.