This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You don't think SJWs and BLM demonizes white men?
I don't know anyone who identifies as a SJW, but I do know people involved in the BLM movement and I wouldn't describe their approach or concerns that way. I'm sure there are people in the minority community who see whites the way some whites see blacks. I'm aware of the Nation of Islam and the variations on the Klan and what they advance.

But those are voices that don't represent most people and I've never felt anything but privileged as an American and in my own skin.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't know anyone who identifies as a SJW, but I do know people involved in the BLM movement and I wouldn't describe their approach or concerns that way. I'm sure there are people in the minority community who see whites the way some whites see blacks. I'm aware of the Nation of Islam and the variations on the Klan and what they advance.

But those are voices that don't represent most people and I've never felt anything but privileged as an American and in my own skin.
It must be me being paranoid

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Vann wasn't vilifying white people. He was pointing out that Trump was elected by stoking the fears held by a lot of mostly white people.
But if a white commentator said it was a Black Lash, we would never hear the end of it. It was a clear degradation of white people

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But if a white commentator said it was a Black Lash, we would never hear the end of it. It was a clear degradation of white people

No, not all white people. It is completely understandable that someone who is a member of the group would see an issue with the cheering a man on who blatantly attacked blacks, Mexicans, women, etc.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No, not all white people. It is completely understandable that someone who is part of a group would see an issue with the cheering a man on who blatantly attacked blacks, Mexicans, women, etc.
But it's not understandable that I, being part of a group, sees blacks, BLM, and anti-white rhetoric, am taking offense to the insane innuendo?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But it's not understandable that I, being part of a group, sees blacks, BLM, and anti-white rhetoric, am taking offense to the insane innuendo?

Uh huh ... but you don't understand why others would take offense to the insane innuendo and flat out badmouthing by Trump? I would pretty annoyed if someone claimed that we white folks are living in poverty ... our cities are drug ridden ... what do we have to lose.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, you'll have to settle for black conservative commentator Deneen Borelli writing a book about: Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation.

My subtitle would be: how to use the tragedy of slavery to make political hay while decrying PC (which doesn't appear to ever remotely govern the mouth of anyone who complains about it).

The thing is, PJ, agree with him or not the commentator was giving voice to people who would, as he noted, have to answer the question, "How does an unprepared bully, a man who disparages minorities and women, attain the highest political office in our nation?" How do they reconcile that with the instruction in character they're attempting to instill in their children?

They were questions worth asking. They still are.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The thing is, PJ, agree with him or not the commentator was giving voice to people who would, as he noted, have to answer the question, "How does an unprepared bully, a man who disparages minorities and women, attain the highest political office in our nation? How do they reconcile that with the instruction in character they're attempting to instill in their children?

They were questions worth asking. They still are.

Exactly.