This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

fool

Hall of Fame
Yep, the hypocrisy of some of the supposed pro lifers on here when they'd be prepared to nuke cities (even without warning) says it all.

False dichotomy AB, war and killing your own "inconvenient" offspring are two different things.
And I suspect you know that.

fool

Hall of Fame
Nov. 21, 2015, Birmingham, Ala. "Maybe he should have been roughed up." Speaking about a protester who was assaulted at one of his rallies.

Feb. 1, 2016, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, "So if you see someone getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Just knock the hell...I promise you, I'll pay for the legal fees."

Feb. 22, 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada, reacting to in-crowd protesters, "You know what they'd do to guys like that in the old days? They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks...I'd like to punch him in the face, I tell you."

March 4, 2016, Warren, Michigan, "Get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

March 9, 2016, Fayetteville, N.C. Responding to protesters. "In the good old days this never happened, because they used to treat them very, very rough. And when they protested once they would not do it again so easily."

Those are people who disrupted rallies. At venues Trump rented to have rallies.

Arthur Brain

False dichotomy AB, war and killing your own "inconvenient" offspring are two different things.
And I suspect you know that.

Nuking cities in the Middle East as an "offensive" against Islam isn't war for a start, it's murder as I suspect you know in turn as well as insanity. Even in war there are rules as I'm sure you're equally aware of as well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
kaczynski2.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Those are people who disrupted rallies. At venues Trump rented to have rallies.
Right. I think I noted that a few times in my providing instances refuting Climate's declaration about a single mistake and reformation.

I can understand how that would be irritating. It happens. Bernie had it happen once when some BLM people decided to be disruptive.

Doesn't alter the point in rebuttal or alter the way Trump chose to respond and shape the environment surrounding the protestors.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
White liberal racist heathen had a kill list in his pocket.

Three right-wing militia members have been arrested for allegedly planning attacks at a mosque and a housing complex in Kansas, CBS News has learned.

The attack would have specifically targeted Somali refugees, a source told CBS News.
The charges were announced by the U.S. Attorney’s Office at a news conference Friday in Wichita.
Federal prosecutors allege the three men -- identified as Curtis Allen, Patrick Stein and Gavin Wright -- are members of a group calling itself the Kansas Security Force.
Acting U.S. Attorney Tom Beall says the three conspired to detonate a bomb at an apartment complex with about 120 residents. The attack was planned for Nov. 9, the day after Election Day, authorities said.
They were arrested Friday after an eight-month FBI investigation.

You never showed up in that thread. I wonder why...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Any rational response to the fact that your assertion the reporter attacked Gianforte is false, and that Gianforte in fact first lied about the incident?
I can just picture the scene, the left wing reporter was sticking the mic in Gianforte's face and got real close, maybe touching him with it. They get a little physical in Montana, nothing wrong with that. Body slam justified

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I can just picture the scene, the left wing reporter was sticking the mic in Gianforte's face and got real close, maybe touching him with it. They get a little physical in Montana, nothing wrong with that. Body slam justified

Well yes, there's something wrong with assaulting someone. That's why it's illegal.

And then he blatantly lied about it. Except whoops... there were witnesses.

In a certain sense, one could see the lying as even worse than the assault.

The lying was calculated.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
When White People Realize American Politics Are Violent
It's not news to anyone else.

I get it. Truly, I do. This was a workplace shooting in a company town. But I do wonder, for example, what African-Americans in my age bracket (or older) think about when they hear white politicians express amazement that political violence exists in this country. Just in my lifetime, people of color have seen their leaders—from Dr. King to Fred Hampton—shot down in acts of political violence. They've seen activists murdered and buried in earthen dams. Children killed in church bombings, Vernon Dahmer burned alive in his home and Harry and Harriette Moore blown up in theirs. Fifty-four years ago this past Wednesday, Medgar Evers was shot down in his own driveway in an act of political violence, and it took more than 30 years to put his killer in jail. Proof that John Lewis, for example, is an infinitely finer person than I is that he never goes to work in the morning carrying a tackhammer with which to explain such things to his dimmer, melanin-deprived colleagues in the House.

gallery-1497618297-kkk.jpg

Political violence has been a way of life in this country for most of its existence, reaching a kind of peak in the years between 1850 and 1865, but continuing in many forms for most of the next century. (Just recently, New Orleans took down a monument to an act of outright seditious political violence.) Lynchings were acts of political violence. In the 1920s, anti-lynching bills couldn't even get out of committee in the Congress because the political power in the South needed lynchings to sustain itself. The destruction of thriving African-American communities in Greenwood in Tulsa and in Rosewood in Florida were both acts of political violence.

I don't know what Native Americans in my age bracket (or older) think about when they hear white politicians express amazement that political violence exists in this country. Political violence of one kind or another has been directed at them since the first white people stepped off the first boat. It has been the one constant in their lives for as long as there has been a United States of America. And this has been merely a precis of acts of actual political violence. The political violence of the mind—which these acts were aimed to induce—is even more widespread and just as damaging.

The destruction in that case is culturally hereditary, passed from one generation to another, from Reconstruction New Orleans to Ferguson, Missouri, from Wounded Knee to Standing Rock. So, yes, I wonder about how all of these people hear white people earnestly deploring the "tone" of our political discourse without hurling themselves out a window. A workplace shooting in a company town is a terrible thing to witness and to endure. There's a monument to that simple truth in a place called Ludlow in Colorado. You can visit it.

gallery-1497617511-monumento.jpg