This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

fool

Hall of Fame
But La Raza isn't a party to the Trump Universtiy case.

Should we disqualify NRA members from hearing cases related to guns?

If the case is related to a Presidential candidate that wants to deport all the guns then yes.

rexlunae

http://sdlrla.com/about/mission-statement/
From their mission statement:

Now let's take this slowly.
Trump is before this judge while running for President on a platform that includes building a wall on the Mexican border and deporting the Illegals.

Do you think those things "Impact the Latino Community?

A Latino judge is perfectly capable of deciding a case that impacts the Latino community, even if they've shown support for the Latino community in the past. The judges job is to rule on the law, and there has been exactly zero evidence produced that he cannot do that fairly. Trump wants to make a race-based presumption on that matter, and apparently some folks here think that seems reasonable, but it isn't the standard that judges are held to. And in any case, who do you imagine would be able to hear the case if you allow stereotypes to rule recusal?

drbrumley

Except that a) I haven't refused to engage and b) have routinely posted to multiple sources for information that aren't speculative in nature in addition to putting forth constructive arguments founded in reason and inviting reason in return.

Which is a way of suggesting your analogy is as thin as your skin, apparently.

You're reduced to this sort of drive-by grousing and erroneous declaration.

LOL!!!!I can say the same thing......

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
LOL!!!!I can say the same thing......
Your posts are proof you'll say darn near anything.

But then, I wasn't talking to or about you. I was talking to the parrot. You decided to step into that and make unfounded comments that I rebutted. And this is your ongoing nonsense on the non-responsive point.

If this were FB I'd be having someone look into a possible password theft. :plain:

If this was a bar I'd hide your keys.

drbrumley

Your posts are proof you'll say darn near anything.

I am consistent..

But then, I wasn't talking to or about you.

So? Get a grip Town, this is an internet forum...

I was talking to the parrot. You decided to step into that and make unfounded comments that I rebutted. And this is your ongoing nonsense on the non-responsive point.

Rebutted? You did no such thing. You gave your opinion backed by things said and documents that you THINK prove your point. That is all. And that is ok....Why get so uptight?

fool

Hall of Fame
A Latino judge is perfectly capable of deciding a case that impacts the Latino community, even if they've shown support for the Latino community in the past. The judges job is to rule on the law, and there has been exactly zero evidence produced that he cannot do that fairly. Trump wants to make a race-based presumption on that matter, and apparently some folks here think that seems reasonable, but it isn't the standard that judges are held to. And in any case, who do you imagine would be able to hear the case if you allow stereotypes to rule recusal?

Are you going to answer the question or attack strawmen?

Here is the question again. it is a yes or no question:

Trump is running for President on a platform that includes building a wall on the Mexican border and deporting the Illegals.

Do you think those things "Impact the Latino Community"?

rexlunae

Are you going to answer the question or attack strawmen?

Here is the question again. it is a yes or no question:

Trump is running for President on a platform that includes building a wall on the Mexican border and deporting the Illegals.

Do you think those things "Impact the Latino Community"?

Yes. But THAT'S NOT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST, as I elaborated.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am consistent..
So are the dead. And I don't mean musically.

Rebutted? You did no such thing. You gave your opinion backed by things said and documents that you THINK prove your point.
That's what a rebuttal consists of, dr. Opinion driven by reason and factual information. In my case documents that literally make my point, unambiguously.

That is all. And that is ok....Why get so uptight?
Probably because I'm not. :plain: And that encapsulates your problem of late.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes. But THAT'S NOT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST, as I elaborated.
He's ignoring a few things that don't serve his narrative. This group protested a program that it felt encouraged illegal immigration. The assumption that impacting illegal immigration would be contrary to their interests because they're Latino is itself a bit...Trumplematic. :plain:

fool

Hall of Fame

Thank you. I sense that was painful because you had to switch to all caps.

So, Trump policies if elected would impact Latinos.
The Judge belongs to an organization that has as a bullet point on their mission statement:
• Strongly advocate positions on judicial, economic and social issues to political leaders and state and local bar associations that impact the Latino community.

The Judge didn't have to join that organization. With that bullet point in their Mission statement.

Then you start screaming:
But THAT'S NOT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST, as I elaborated

Your "elaboration" centered around race:

A Latino judge is perfectly capable of deciding a case that impacts the Latino community, even if they've shown support for the Latino community in the past. The judges job is to rule on the law, and there has been exactly zero evidence produced that he cannot do that fairly. Trump wants to make a race-based presumption on that matter,

No race based assumption is needed when the Judge belongs to an organization that has as a bullet point on their mission statement:

• Strongly advocate positions on judicial, economic and social issues to political leaders and state and local bar associations that impact the Latino community.

and apparently some folks here think that seems reasonable,
Apparently some people here can recognize a conflict of interest when they see it.

but it isn't the standard that judges are held to. And in any case, who do you imagine would be able to hear the case if you allow stereotypes to rule recusal?

Not stereotypes, Organization memberships and their mission statements.
Real simple stuff.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's incredible.

I have been saying other wise for years here. They are not stupid. They know what they are doing. They hate this country with all their heart for spreading the gospel. They hate western civilization and that we have created unbelievable wealth for the poorest people. So the left aligns with anybody opposed to America, even islam.

And the political anti-American organization LGBT proves it. They align with people who will throw them off a roof, instead of with Christian bakers because they hate God with all the heart, mind, and soul.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ramadan-Bombathon-2017.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I have been saying other wise for years here. They are not stupid. They know what they are doing. They hate this country with all their heart for spreading the gospel. They hate western civilization and that we have created unbelievable wealth for the poorest people. So the left aligns with anybody opposed to America, even islam.

And the political anti-American organization LGBT proves it. They align with people who will throw them off a roof, instead of with Christian bakers because they hate God with all the heart, mind, and soul.

Spreading this gospel?

It seems Clete would like to see the Old Testament Laws to be enforced
today? Well, should we start stoning (executing) adulterers? If that were
to happen, we'd run out of stones really quick! And, should we start stoning
(executing) unruly children? We'd run out of heir's real quick as well.

Think twice Clete, about what you want reestablished?

Suits me.

YES!

This single law would reduce not just adultery but also murder, drug use, teen pregnancy, gang activity, etc, etc, etc. Its all connected.

You post stoning photos yet some of your coreligionists would quite willingly see a Christian version of Sharia.

So just your own personal interpretation of religious barbarism.