This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

drbrumley

You're just spitting out catch phrases. Again,the actual documents, letters, editorials, and declarations by the states separating from the Union (well, attempting it) are rather plain about the reason: slavery.

I guess we can't get past this point....

Nothing the secession letters said were worse than what the President said and his cohorts....sorry your blind to this....

We know, just look the other way, nothing to see here says Town....even though Lincoln and company wanted an all white west, free of those black people.

rexlunae

To many liberals, all white Southern males are citizens under eternal suspicion of being racists. The most depressing thing about this episode is to see Republicans rushing to stomp on Trump, to show the left how well they have mastered their liberal catechism.

You can criticize a person without mentioning their race. The fact that race was the only thing Trump cited as his reason for believing that Judge Curiel was biased against him suggests that it was a merely race-based attack.

Last edited:

drbrumley

Again,the actual documents, letters, editorials, and declarations by the states separating from the Union (well, attempting it) are rather plain about the reason: slavery.

And again, So WHAT? The north said let them leave.......you deny this?

drbrumley

You can criticize a person without me tioning their race. The fact that race was the only thing Trump cited as his reason for believing that Judge Curiel was biases against him suggests that it was a merely race-based attack.

First, Trump has a perfect right to be angry about the judge’s rulings and to question his motives. Second, there are grounds for believing Trump is right.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I guess we can't get past this point....
People misrepresenting the facts? Well, north can't get past it. That was his second attempt at blogging a revisionist approach to history.
Nothing the secession letters said were worse than what the President said and his cohorts....sorry your blind to this....
I can't be "blind" about an argument I wasn't having with anyone, but as I've said, in speaking to the internal and external realities, most of the white men of that age were racist by our understanding. And yet some of them freed men and women from an evil that destroyed body and soul. If they did so without fully redeeming their own it was their loss, the good being done in spite of their inclinations.

drbrumley

People misrepresenting the facts? Well, north can't get past it. That was his second attempt at blogging a revisionist approach to history.

LOL!!!!Please!!!! You are pushing the revision, not North....your the one who is looking at this event and looking at it thru 20th century eyes...it was a different time and a different culture....we both agree that it was wrong to own slaves, but we both look at it thru those eyes....

If I had lived in those days, I probably (hopefully) taken the position as the North who said let the south go.....

Just like now, if California or New England with their pro abortion laws wanted to jump ship, let them....good riddance. And take Washington DC with em....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
LOL!!!!Please!!!! You are pushing the revision
No, which is why I've used the unaltered words of those responsible for the rebellion more than once and linked to it for people like Lon to read and compare with the rhetoric of actual revisionists. And I've tied that information together with actual, clear argument. What I get from people like north is regurgitated, poorly cobbled and unsupported conspiracy theory. From you, misdirection and declaration.

your the one who is looking at this event and looking at it thru 20th century eyes
Anyone looking at the events is processing with a modern sensibility, but mine isn't determining or altering the observable facts.

...it was a different time and a different culture....we both agree that it was wrong to own slaves, but we both look at it thru those eyes....
Men of that day and earlier understood it. Lee understood it. Lincoln did too. The rest is what they did about it.

drbrumley

Look, I'm no Trump supporter....he has many, many flaws. But he is no white supremacist...I have met white supremacists unfortunately, he doesn't act like one....he hasn't said anything to warrant such an attack. You guys go overboard with the assaults....Just like the right assaulted Obama.....the political climate now is the worst I have ever seen. Two wrongs don't make a right....

Trump on African Americans, sounds very racist don't you think?

It is my highest and greatest hope that the Republican Party can be the home in the future and forevermore for African-Americans and the African-American vote because I will produce, and I will get others to produce, and we know for a fact it doesn’t work with the Democrats and it certainly doesn’t work with Hillary.

When I am President, I will work to ensure that all of our kids are treated equally, and protected equally. Every action I take, I will ask myself: does this make life better for young Americans in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Ferguson who have as much of a right to live out their dreams as any other child in America?

African-American citizens have sacrificed so much for this nation. They have fought and died in every war since the Revolution, and from the pews and the picket lines they have lifted up the conscience of our country in the long march for Civil Rights. Yet, too many African-Americans have been left behind.
No group in America has been more harmed by Hillary Clinton’s policies than African-Americans. No group. No group. If Hillary Clinton’s goal was to inflict pain on the African-American community, she could not have done a better job. It’s a disgrace. Tonight, I am asking for the vote of every African-American citizen in this country who wants a better future.

And at the end of four years I guarantee that I will get over 95% of the African-American vote. I promise you. Because I will produce for the inner-cities and I will produce for the African-Americans.
America must reject the bigotry of Hillary Clinton who sees communities of color only as votes, not as human beings worthy of a better future.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Look, I'm no Trump supporter....he has many, many flaws. But he is no white supremacist...I have met white supremacists unfortunately, he doesn't act like one....he hasn't said anything to warrant such an attack.

Let's turn this around. Why do you think white supremacists like him so much?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Or...

Like Craig Cobb, for instance, a white supremacist who been trying to buy up land in Antler, North Dakota with the goal of establishing a white-only enclave called "Trump Creativity." And those Trump supporters who chanted "white power" during The Donald's mega-rally in Mobile, Alabama last Friday. And then there's Scott and Steve Leader, the two Southie brothers who were arrested last week for beating and urinating ona homeless Hispanic man near a Boston train station, and later told police "Trump was right" about the need to deport "all these illegals."

"White supremacists all over this country see Trump as their best hope in many, many years," said Mark Potok, a senior fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which has been tracking Trump's support among white nationalists. "We are seeing this all over their online forums and their websites, as well."

northwye

The defeat of the Confederacy did much more than end that rebellion. It ended the Republic as it was up to 1861.
The victory of the Lincoln Administration in 1865 ended the Republic as it was intended to be in 1789.

In 1776 – The States Supreme; the Power of the Federal Government was very limited

In 1789 - under the Constitution - The Power of the States was still Dominant; but the Power of the Federal Government was significantly Expanded

In 1865 - the victory of the Lincoln Federal Government - the federal government became Dominant; the Power of the States was Diminished, so that the states could no longer act to counterbalance the power of the Federal government if it became corrupt and totalitarian. The stage was set for factions to be able to take over the federal government, such as the bureaucratic "deep" state.

But this is substantive.

Maybe the appearance of argument on this thread comes out of a substantive ideology - political correctness. But it looked like the argument was just appearance of argument above when the substantial claim was made that the main cause of the 1861-1865 war was not Black slavery but the unfair tariff on the South, which, in fact weakens the argument that the pre-1861-1865 war makes Racism relevant to any Racism today. Even without that revelation that unfair tariffs were a major cause of the war then, where is that type of racism in 2017, and where are the booger men, the white supremacists, seen by political correctness?. Who is being called a white supremacist by the Marxist Left?. What is becoming a new counterculture with its alternative media is bigger than Trump. Is this new counterculture, with its alternative media the "white supremacists?"

That the unfair tariffs on the South were more a cause of the war than Black slavery was not argued against above, but the appearance of argument - the dialectic - was continued in an attempt to discredit that substantive claim and to uphold the entire narrative supporting the politically correct view of white supremacy.

The dialectic involves use of various kinds of tactics of making arguments and counter-arguments which have the appearance of being about something substantive, but do not establish much of anything outside that argument or quarrel.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
a23cdc596e499eab2d5e44afe6797164.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nothing like stoning women to death at the hands of islam. Not a word of protest from the left. Only a false narrative of systematic white racism.

rexlunae

I see Nick is here to post grotesque pictures sans context, as if they demonstrate anything. Still no answer in substance to the objection to Trump's racist attacks on judge Curiel. Just one distraction after another.