ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

Danoh

How am I wrong?

Do a detailed study, break it down for us. Show me where the Acts 15 ordinances WEREN'T delivered to Corinth as commanded.

A word or phrase used in one passage does not necessarily mean the same thing in another.

This is why an indepth word study is ever needed.

Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

That is The Law, dear brother.

The following is one of the very foundational ordinances that Paul is referring to...

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Circumcision.

:think:

God's Truth

Beliefs, when sufficiently impacting, and whether true or false, tend to have that kind of effect, in all walks of life.

Case in point of the power of a belief...

Acts 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

Or as the Lord noted concerning the power of such beliefs on one's thoughts, attitudes, and behaviours...

John 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Sorry, G, I'm too well studied in the Scriptures not to see both sides of any issue by now.

Thanks, though, I know you mean well.

Romans 14:5.

Are you kidding?

Jesus is the one who says if you do not humble yourself you will NEVER ENTER.

Jesus is the one who says that if you do not obey and repent, he will not reveal himself.

john w

Hall of Fame
"BY the cross, not AT the cross"-heir

Same thing.

There you go, TOL audience-further evidence of his sloppy, satanic, lackadaisical, disregard, contempt, for the bible, and its details-"it all says the same thing...same thing".....and, then, in hypocrisy, cites this non existing "the Greek," or resorts to this "Strong's scam."

His daddy the devil is cheering him on, as he "posts."

You're such an actress/hypocrite, sweetie, and an obsessed, frickin' loser.

Danoh

Do you see how your buddy Danoh joins forces with the Preterist because of a personal bias against heir and STP, the adequate?

No, knucklehead; I am merely practicing the principle Paul practiced in Titus 1:12-13.

Where he concedes a valid point, regardless of source, when said "witness is true."

But you are entrenched in a double-standard.

You are actually being an enemy of that principle.

Why are you being so duplicitous.

Why is Christ not enough that you feel compelled to engage in a ploy the Adversary is known for?

Shame on you.

God's Truth

Belief in Jesus makes the two groups one.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

That was done on the cross:

Ephesians 2:15 by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace

Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

The Gentiles were those who were far away.

Colossians 1:20 and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

Colossians 3:11 Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, or free, but Christ is all and is in all.

Just because not all understood exactly, when Jesus died, that does NOT mean there is another gospel.

When Jesus died on the cross, he went to prison/hell, and preach the gospel to those who died in the times of the flood---there wasn't even Jew and Gentile yet---but they were still given the one and only gospel that saves.

Then Jesus ascended to the highest place---that is about future people who will be born.

There is only one gospel that saves anyone.

There were those who disobeyed and died before Jesus came to earth, though they were dead their spirits went to a prison, unlike the spirits of the righteous. After Jesus was crucified, he preached to those who were dead, he preached to the spirits in prison, the spirits of those who had died and disobeyed long ago (see 1 Peter 3:18-19). Those people who disobeyed and died before learning of Jesus...Jesus preached the gospel to them, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit (1 Peter 4:5-6). For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring us to God, even those who lived and died before Jesus.

You see, Jesus came to earth and taught those on earth. Then Jesus descended to the spirits in prison to preach to them, to those who disobeyed long ago. Jesus then ascended higher than all the heavens. Jesus filled the whole universe (see Ephesians 4:10).
These scriptures show we have living, thinking spirits that live on after the death of the body. Some spirits go with those who disobey, and spirits of the righteous live in heaven. These scriptures show that our spirits live on, and how Jesus filled the whole universe.

One gospel that saves, for everyone, ever.

heir

TOL Subscriber
-Tet. the wimp, over 666 times on TOL, citing "the Greek," right after he spells "grammar," "grammer."

Well, heir, I've asked this Preterist, obsessed weasel, over 100 times, on TOL, to identify this alleged "the" Greek, or any "the Greek," that has "with Israel, in the cited Ephesians passage. Over 4 years, and not a peep, from this con "man"(loosely employed here).

He won't touch that, as his daddy the devil taught him well, from way back in Genesis-corrupt/take from-delete/add to/misquote the word of God.

Ssssssssssssssssssss..
Tet knows his (per)version puts something in there that isn't in "the Greek". That's why he'll never answer it and will continue to "use" (having never had a "the Bible" that he believes) it to further the lie.

2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
The New Living Translation is a Death Knell to the OP.....As does the Weymouth Translation::

(Eph 2:15 NLT) For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us.

The punk cannot even quote the NLT Eph. 2:15 passage correctly:

Eph 2 NLT
15 He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups. 16 Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward each other was put to death.

Another death knell!!!! Wow! The sweetie likes that cute little debate ender!!!

Translation: I, the muttering bible rejecting fool, bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, will rummage through my stack of bibles, Preterist/AD 70 commentaries/books/tapes, and find a version, that will support my "doctrine;" if I cannot, I will correct the bible, and thus, "prove" anything I want.

Thanks for admitting that again, bible corrector.

Define bible believer.

I thought so.

Ephesians 3:6 NIV)

6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

...the Greek....
(over, and over, on TOL)

Still waiting, fraud, bible corrector, to produce this "the Greek," or any "Greek," that has "with Israel" in it, i.e., the Greek word "Israel."

What's the problem, weasel? 4+ years, and not a peep from you, bible corrector.

john w

Hall of Fame
:rotfl:
The New Living Translation? WOW, you really are desperate.

Show a Greek manuscript that has EITHER Jew OR Gentiles in that text. It's not there dork.

He won't-he is a bible correcting, muttering, stuttering, obsessed loser, resorting to any deceptive tactic, to quench his obsession, and give meaning, allegedly, to his loser life. That is his MO, on TOL-deceit, hypocrisy, habitual lying, misquoting others.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope. Yours are far worse.

Case in point, she does not hold your extremist bigotry of capital punishment for homosexuals.

Her view is that Christ died for their sins too and they need to hear that.
Do not make conclusions like this about members without backing it up with a quote. Next time a post like this will draw an infraction.

heir

TOL Subscriber
....that were different than the ones the Jews were given.

(Eph 2:14 KJV) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

"Between Us"....Paul was a Jew, the Ephesians were Gentiles.
Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

The middle wall of partition was broken down "between us". The "between us" is between the "we" who first trusted (Ephesians 1:12 KJV) and the "ye" who also trusted (Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Paul includes himself in the "us" because he is the first (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) of the "we" of Ephesians 1:12 KJV.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The middle wall of partition was broken down "between us". The "between us" is between the "we" who first trusted (Ephesians 1:12 KJV) and the "ye" who also trusted (Ephesians 1:13 KJV).

That's a ridiculous.

There was no partition wall between two different groups of Gentiles, nor between a group of Jews & Gentiles and a group of Gentiles, nor between a group of Jews & Gentiles and another group of Jews & Gentiles.

The only middle wall of partition that ever existed, was a partition wall between Jew and Gentile.