ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

SaulToPaul 2

Acts 15
19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation.

1 Cor 11
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul tells you what the middle wall was. Keep reading.

The middle wall of partition divided the Jew from the Gentile (even the Gentile proselytes).

"In the former of these similes he refers to an actual wall in the temple at Jerusalem, beyond which no one was allowed to pass unless he were a Jew, the balustrade or barrier which marked the limit up to which a Gentile might advance but no farther. Curiously, this middle wall of partition had a great deal to do with Paul's arrest and imprisonment, for the multitude of the Jews became infuriated, not merely because of their general hostility to him as an apostle of Christ and a preacher of the gospel for the world, but specially because it was erroneously supposed that he had brought Trophimus the Ephesian past this barrier into the temple (Acts 21:29)" - SOURCE

I can't believe you and heir are so wrong on this matter.

Danoh

Acts 15
19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

31 Which when they had read, they rejoiced for the consolation.

1 Cor 11
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

No, bro; that word in 1 Cor. there, is referring to the teachings as traditions that Paul taught.

Galatians 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

SaulToPaul 2

The middle wall of partition divided the Jew from the Gentile (even the Gentile proselytes).

"In the former of these similes he refers to an actual wall in the temple at Jerusalem, beyond which no one was allowed to pass unless he were a Jew, the balustrade or barrier which marked the limit up to which a Gentile might advance but no farther. Curiously, this middle wall of partition had a great deal to do with Paul's arrest and imprisonment, for the multitude of the Jews became infuriated, not merely because of their general hostility to him as an apostle of Christ and a preacher of the gospel for the world, but specially because it was erroneously supposed that he had brought Trophimus the Ephesian past this barrier into the temple (Acts 21:29)" - SOURCE

Paul told you what the middle wall was between the twain.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Think.

The actual middle wall of partition that existed in the temple separated Jews from Gentiles.

It did not separate one group of Jews and Gentiles from a second group of Jews and Gentiles.

Danoh

Nope.

That wall symbolized the Middle Wall of Partition between Jew and Gentile that the Law was.

Acts 21:28 Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

(Eph 2:15 KJV) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

It proves you wrong.

For example the law of commandments prohibited a Jew from marrying a Gentile, it prohibited Gentiles from entering the inner court of the temple.

The middle wall of partition kept the Gentiles and Jews separated.

Paul is making a point, that in Christ, there is no longer a partition wall to separate Jew and Gentile.

Danoh

So you say. I see handwritten ordinances ordered to be delivered to Gentiles in Acts 15. Shortly thereafter, Paul goes to Corinth. Did he deliver them to the Corinthians? I'd say so.

Lol, your two and two ends up five.

Learn how to do an indepth word study already.

SaulToPaul 2

(Eph 2:15 KJV) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

It proves you wrong.

For example the law of commandments prohibited a Jew from marrying a Gentile, it prohibited Gentiles from entering the inner court of the temple.

Paul is making a point, that in Christ, there is no longer a partition wall to separate Jew and Gentile.

Read Acts 15. Handwriting of ordinances.

Danoh

It proves you wrong.

Yep.

john w

Hall of Fame
These Gentiles (which include us) are fellowheirs and of the same body (beginning with Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) with the Jews and Greeks (Romans 1:16 KJV) to whom Paul was first sent (heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:29 KJV) and partakers of Christ by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

As to your satanic perversion of the above passage, we are not fellowheirs with Israel as God is not finished with Israel/they have a future (the one you are trying to steal for yourself (Matthew 19:28 KJV, Hebrews 8:8 KJV and so on).

(Eph 3:6) This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

It's really that simple....unless of course you are trying to defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby and E.W. Bullinger.

...The Greek...

-Tet. the wimp, over 666 times on TOL, citing "the Greek," right after he spells "grammar," "grammer."

Well, heir, I've asked this Preterist, obsessed weasel, over 100 times, on TOL, to identify this alleged "the" Greek, or any "the Greek," that has "with Israel, in the cited Ephesians passage. Over 4 years, and not a peep, from this con "man"(loosely employed here).

He won't touch that, as his daddy the devil taught him well, from way back in Genesis-corrupt/take from-delete/add to/misquote the word of God.

Ssssssssssssssssssss..

SaulToPaul 2

That's rich, admitted Jew hater, anti-Semite. And the bible testifies that it is not possible to thank someone, such as yourself, when they are in hell. Don't you believe the bible, little armed weasel Craigie? LOL(you taught us that sissy saying).

Do you see how your buddy Danoh joins forces with the Preterist because of a personal bias against heir and STP, the adequate?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

Gentiles were given ordinances to keep!!!!!

....that were different than the ones the Jews were given.

(Eph 2:14 KJV) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

"Between Us"....Paul was a Jew, the Ephesians were Gentiles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you see how your buddy Danoh joins forces with the Preterist because of a personal bias against heir and STP, the adequate?

That's another really big problem with you guys.

Most of you are more worried about being friends, and getting rep points & thanked posts, than you are about learning anything.