ECT They can't be the same

heir

TOL Subscriber
In your understanding, what did 3 years of preaching the kingdom accomplish for Jesus and the 12?

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

turbosixx

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

The way I understand it, one of those promises was the promised kingdom which Jesus and the 12 said was at hand.

If you look at the OT, the kingdom that God wanted for Israel was not the same kingdom Israel wanted. God was their king in Heaven and they rejected him as their king. They wanted to be like other nations.
1 Sam. 8:4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah; 5 and they said to him, "Behold, you have grown old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint a king for us to judge us like all the nations." 6 But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the Lord. 7 The Lord said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them. 8 Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day-in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods-so they are doing to you also.

I would suggest to you that the promised kingdom is like what God wants not man. As God was king over Israel ruling from Heaven before Saul that is the kingdom of promise and Christ is the king of promise. Christ is our king and he is reigning in Heaven now and we are in his kingdom.
Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Therefore, 3 years of preaching that the kingdom was near and at hand did come to pass.

Luke 17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."
When we look at how Jesus describes the kingdom, it is not like a physical kingdom like the Jews want that can be pointed to and boasted about, it's simply believers who believe the gospel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say “And to seeds” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ. (Galatians 3:16 NKJV)

heir

TOL Subscriber
The way I understand it, one of those promises was the promised kingdom which Jesus and the 12 said was at hand.

If you look at the OT, the kingdom that God wanted for Israel was not the same kingdom Israel wanted. God was their king in Heaven and they rejected him as their king. They wanted to be like other nations.
1 Sam. 8:4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah; 5 and they said to him, "Behold, you have grown old, and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint a king for us to judge us like all the nations." 6 But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the Lord. 7 The Lord said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them. 8 Like all the deeds which they have done since the day that I brought them up from Egypt even to this day-in that they have forsaken Me and served other gods-so they are doing to you also.

I would suggest to you that the promised kingdom is like what God wants not man. As God was king over Israel ruling from Heaven before Saul that is the kingdom of promise and Christ is the king of promise. Christ is our king and he is reigning in Heaven now and we are in his kingdom.
Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Therefore, 3 years of preaching that the kingdom was near and at hand did come to pass.

Luke 17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."
When we look at how Jesus describes the kingdom, it is not like a physical kingdom like the Jews want that can be pointed to and boasted about, it's simply believers who believe the gospel.

The kingdom of heaven was at hand

Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

There's no way anyone today is getting in that kingdom and it's not even the offer on the table. Now, how about acknowledging the OP.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say “And to seeds” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ. (Galatians 3:16 NKJV)
Christ was sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as were the 12 (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:24 KJV). Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision and Paul tells us why (Romans 15:8 KJV). We are not of the circumcision nor did we have anything to do with Israel (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). By the time you and I came around, Israel was Loammi; not God's people (Hosea 1:9 KJV).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ was sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as were the 12 (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:24 KJV). Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision and Paul tells us why (Romans 15:8 KJV). We are not of the circumcision nor did we have anything to do with Israel (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). By the time you and I came around, Israel was Loammi; not God's people (Hosea 1:9 KJV).

Paul said, "But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one and has broken down the middle wall of separation." (Ephesians 2:13-14 NKJV)

For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. (Ephesians 2:18 NKJV)​

Paul also taught that in the spiritual realm there is made no distinction with regard to ethnicity.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also. (Romans 3:28-29 NKJV)​

The Mosaic law made distinction between men based on circumcision. Jesus Christ did away with that distinction and we do not want to recreate it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord Himself and the 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom for three years while the Lord walked the earth (Matthew 4:23 KJV).

The gospel Paul received and preached is that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

There is no way those two gospels are the same.

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures... (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 NKJV)​

From whom did Paul receive his gospel?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Paul preached the word of God. If that's true then to whom does the word of God belong?

Those who believe the gospel Christ revealed to Paul will be a part of the kingdom that will be delivered to God the Father.

Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father.... (1 Corinthians 15:24 NKJV)​

Christ's kingdom is a spiritual kingdom available to all without regard race or ethnicity.

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight so that I should not be delivered to the Jews, but now My kingdom is not from here.” (John 18:36 NKJV)

Jesus said, "This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14 NKJV)

I'm sure he could use your help in preaching his gospel of the kingdom that will in the end be delivered to God the Father.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul said, "But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one and has broken down the middle wall of separation." (Ephesians 2:13-14 NKJV)

For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. (Ephesians 2:18 NKJV)​
That's between the two ("twain") groups made "one new man" in the one Body. That's not Israel! Paul writes of their future with God:

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

which is in one accord with Acts 3:19-21 KJV, 1 John 1:9 KJV and Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV!

Paul also taught that in the spiritual realm there is made no distinction with regard to ethnicity.
To us in the Body/which is those of us who are baptized into Christ (Romans 6:3-4 KJV, 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV) this is true, but to Israel past and future there is plenty of distinction Exodus 19:5 KJV, Isaiah 61:6 KJV, Zechariah 8:23 KJV, 1 Peter 2:9 KJV!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures... (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 NKJV)​
This is not the gospel of the kingdom that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John! Paul's gospel was a mystery (Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). Why do you resist the truth and act as if 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is the same as the gospel of the kingdom (Matthew 4:23 KJV) that was preached before the Lord even died?
From whom did Paul receive his gospel?
I already showed you that Paul received it by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). It's still not the same gospel as the gospel of the kingdom!

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Paul preached the word of God. If that's true then to whom does the word of God belong?
Of course what Paul preached is the word of God, but it's not the same good news that the Lord while walking the earth preached or what the 12 preached and you ignoring it is not going to make that truth go away! Stop[ calling the gospel of Christ, the gospel of the kingdom! It is not. You resist and refuse to acknowledge the truth. I can't help you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's not Israel! Paul writes of their future with God:

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Who are the "wild shoot" that is grafted into the cultivated olive tree, and who were the branches broken off?

Cross Reference

Or the mandrakes. ��

Pete ��

I'll take it you want a little controversy here so lets go:

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown".
Genesis 6:1-4 (KJV)

Don't say they the sons of God were angels because angels, though created were created individually, without father or mother. As a result they can't procreate. Ergo, they also can't be redeemed, only judged.

Here's a little more evidence that needs be strongly considered:

". . . To Seth also a son was born, and he called his name Enosh. At that time people began to call upon the name of the LORD". Genesis 4:26 (ESV)

Question: Why would the "sons of God" be so turned away from Him simply because they married the "daughters of men"? Clue: There is no time frame we can see to understand, how long it took for them to begin their slide download to perdition after marrying the daughters of men.

Your turn.

revpete

I'll take it you want a little controversy here so lets go:

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown".
Genesis 6:1-4 (KJV)

Don't say they the sons of God were angels because angels, though created were created individually, without father or mother. As a result they can't procreate. Ergo, they also can't be redeemed, only judged.

Here's a little more evidence that needs be strongly considered:

". . . To Seth also a son was born, and he called his name Enosh. At that time people began to call upon the name of the LORD". Genesis 4:26 (ESV)

Question: Why would the "sons of God" be so turned away from Him simply because they married the "daughters of men"? Clue: There is no time frame we can see to understand, how long it took for them to begin their slide download to perdition after marrying the daughters of men.

Your turn.

I thought you were joking by posting something totally irrelevant so I thought I would do the same, funny how we can misinterpret things on here.

BTW I don't think the sons of God were angels for the same reason as you.

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

I thought you were joking by posting something totally irrelevant so I thought I would do the same, funny how we can misinterpret things on here.

BTW I don't think the sons of God were angels for the same reason as you.

Pete 👤

Our only safety lies in our disposition. I am glad for your agreement.

If we could only see our way clear to share without a decisive debate being the result, we might say we have arrived at the 'enjoying' the will of God not only to our head but also to our heart. Thank you.

revpete

Our only safety lies in our disposition. I am glad for your agreement.

If we could only see our way clear to share without a decisive debate being the result, we might say we have arrived at the 'enjoying' the will of God not only to our head but also to our heart. Thank you.

Right! Too many here are obsessed with winning arguments when the whole point is mutual edification. Too much scripturel ping pong going on just feeding personal pride.

Pete 👤