ECT They can't be the same

fzappa13

No, but their "everything" fell when they sinned and subsequently cast out of the garden.

Honestly I think Adam and Eve were meant to split the atom. They just chose not to do as they were told.

For me, there has always been a fascination concerning the mechanism that saw us going from whatever status existed in the garden to folks living roughly a 1000 years to 75 years to us living as long as a tree and then on to immortality.

Physiological ? Environmental? Something else? I dunno but I'm always looking for hints. One lay in Genesis 3:22.

SaulToPaul 2

You are correct. However, both lambs were sin offerings. The one slain cleansed the temple because of the transgression of the people. The one that escaped for the people themselves. It is important to remember that all ordinances are prophetic. This scene has yet to play out but, rest assured it will.

The point is that is was a mystery that Christ would die for sins.

John declaring "The lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world" does not mean that he understood that Christ would die for sins.

The twelve had been preaching the gospel of the kingdom for a couple years and still did not know the Lord would die and rise again. Luke 18:31-34 (KJV)

Dialogos

One of the core problems with the MAD approach is that it takes further revelation about the gospel and uses that information as a way to argue that the latter revelation becomes a different gospel.

So when it is pointed out that Peter, James and John preached the same gospel as Paul, the response is usually something akin to...

"but did Peter preach this?"

And the goal post keeps moving.

So lets make some logical inferences.

First, of course new information is being introduce into the preaching of the apostles. Before Acts 10 Peter didn't realize that Jesus had included the gentiles in the gospel (though, in one sense, he should have realized it having witnessed the conversion of the Samaritans in John 4).

But new information does not mean a new gospel. If that were the case, then Paul preached a different gospel in each epistle, for in each epistle he brings to light new aspects of the one true gospel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The gospel of Christ is the term used to describe the gospel (gospel=good news) that Paul received and preached directly from the risen, ascended Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

Like you said, Paul received the gospel he preached directly from Jesus Christ. So whose gospel did Paul preach, what was its source?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Did Jesus accomplish this?

Not yet. Jesus said, "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day." (John 12:48 NKJV)

Have those who reject Christ been judged since a person cannot be judged until after death?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The gospel of the kingdom that was preached while the Lord was still walking the earth before His death CANNOT be the same gospel that Paul preached about WHY the Lord died! Why won't you folks acknowledge the truth?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Like you said, Paul received the gospel he preached directly from Jesus Christ. So whose gospel did Paul preach, what was its source?

You said

By definition the gospel of Christ is the gospel Christ preached, not a gospel about Christ.
I showed you that it the gospel of Christ is a term used to describe good news about why Christ died on the cross!

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4567732&postcount=118

You believe not?

fzappa13

The point is that is was a mystery that Christ would die for sins.

John declaring "The lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world" does not mean that he understood that Christ would die for sins.

The twelve had been preaching the gospel of the kingdom for a couple years and still did not know the Lord would die and rise again. Luke 18:31-34 (KJV)

I'm not real sure what all this has to do with the ordinance of the scape goat but one thing is for sure, the twelve knew Christ would die and rise again as He plainly told them in the very scripture you offered.

SaulToPaul 2

I'm not real sure what all this has to do with the ordinance of the scape goat but one thing is for sure, the twelve knew Christ would die and rise again as He plainly told them in the very scripture you offered.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The gospel of the kingdom that was preached while the Lord was still walking the earth before His death CANNOT be the same gospel that Paul preached about WHY the Lord died! Why won't you folks acknowledge the truth?

The temple of stone taught the need of sacrifices for sin, and the need for Christ to die to reverse the effect of Adams sin.

It also taught the daily sheep sacrifice which Paul explained as meaning --

Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

(daily light too)

You need to do some research instead of relying upon the views of other people.

LA

turbosixx

The Lord Himself and the 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom for three years while the Lord walked the earth (Matthew 4:23 KJV).

The gospel Paul received and preached is that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

There is no way those two gospels are the same.

In your understanding, what did 3 years of preaching the kingdom accomplish for Jesus and the 12?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Lord Himself and the 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom for three years while the Lord walked the earth (Matthew 4:23 KJV).

The gospel Paul received and preached is that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

There is no way those two gospels are the same.

Amen!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why don't you put into practice what you access others of not doing????

Why don't you acknowledge the truth of the OP that they (the gospel of the kingdom and the gospel of Christ) can't be the same and/or answer whether or not you have trusted the Lord believing Paul's gospel?