The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

I do believe that Jesus was in spirit before he came in flesh, I don't believe that any flesh enters heaven, flesh is the devil's domain. I believe that he came from heaven and was Jesus in the flesh and then went back to God, but I believe he's always been the Christ and I believe that he came and did what Adam couldn't do, he lived a perfect life before God, and being an example for us to follow he showed us the way and brought us the truth. I don't believe that he came and did it all and that I don't have to do anything and that I'm going to heaven even if I carry on wilfully sinning. Satan teaches us that it's ok to sin, God pulls us away from sin and cleans our hearts.

I do believe that Jesus was the Christ before hand, because it says in the Bible that he was in the prophets

1 Peter 1

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

I do believe as you do, that Christ isn't God, it very clearly separates God from Christ in the Bible, but I believe that they are one the same heart and mind, Christ loves and has the heart of God. And he brings that love to us. He is Gods express image

I haven't really studied, I don't know much outside the Bible. I'm learning a lot here, especially about way the Jewish people believe, and I believe that they're beliefs fit in, in many ways with the way I believe, (from what I've heard so far) only I believe there's a spiritual and a natural, and God opens up our spiritual understanding. I don't believe like many mainstream Christians, I see some things very different. But i do believe that God is love, and he looks at all our hearts, and he wants see his love and the life of his son in us. I believe that God opens our understanding when we love him, give our heart to him and start to deny ourselves. The more we listen to his spirit and the more we obey God, and listen to our conscience, I believe we grow in God and become stronger in the spirit.

It's good talking to you :)
I really enjoy your posts also, but we do disagree on when Jesus became the Christ. Heb 10:5 is clear that a body was made for the express image. Jesus was baptized at age thirty, and started his preaching then. God declared him then, and so did Satan who tempted him.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

The Trinity is no simply matter to crack on either side of the debate. Especially for those who have not put in years of study into the scriptures, the writings of the Church Fathers, and Church History, there does appear to be substantial support for the idea scripture teaches that Jesus is God Almighty in some sense. There several proof texts for making such a claim, like John 1:1. Of course, it is just as easy to provide proof texts that he is not God Almighty, like John 14:28 where Jesus explicitly notes that the Father is greater than himself. Then you can get into that whole mess about him being a God/man and speculation on how that should influence our interpretation of such passages, etc.

To truly study the Trinity doctrine, to attempt to understand it, is to dive down the rabbit hole. Hence, the church has been content to declare it a mystery. Yet, a mystery that you MUST accept lest your very salvation be at stake! Never mind that it took hundreds of years to develop after Christ, never mind that it is never explicitly taught by scripture - nor implied for that matter. They assert it is a defining Christian belief, yet they can't defend such a proclamation. They use it as man-made standard to weed out the "true" believers from the "false" - a direct contradiction to Christs instructions (Matthew 13:24-30). Indeed, this is often the go-to reason for denying that sects like Mormonism are truly Christian - they don't bother with the false prophet(s) and scriptures. It's a lazy, but simple guide for the masses; easy to follow.

All this fuss over it - and yet what does it gain you to believe it? What do you lose if you don't? Scripture never declares that your salvation is dependent upon this or any other doctrine(s). Scripture rather says that your actions are what matter; they are what you will be judged by, not whether you held doctrine x, y, and z (but not q). If the Trinity somehow guided your actions it might have merit then, but it doesn't. Our role as Christians does not change based upon whether the Trinity is true or false. Morality doesn't change, the Gospel doesn't change, Love does not change. And God is love.

In the big picture the Trinity doctrine matters very little in of itself. But what does matter is the division it has been used to create - a measuring stick for your brothers and sisters in Christ.

Romans 14:4-10 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.​
Csuguy is smarter than most, he thinks deep.
Well said, :)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All this fuss over it - and yet what does it gain you to believe it? What do you lose if you don't? Scripture never declares that your salvation is dependent upon this or any other doctrine(s). Scripture rather says that your actions are what matter; they are what you will be judged by, not whether you held doctrine x, y, and z (but not q). If the Trinity somehow guided your actions it might have merit then, but it doesn't. Our role as Christians does not change based upon whether the Trinity is true or false. Morality doesn't change, the Gospel doesn't change, Love does not change. And God is love.

More of the same immature reasoning.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116909-What-do-you-not-understand-wit5h-theswe-verses&p=4672474&viewfull=1#post4672474

One's eternal destination is at stake here, so there is plenty to gain and everything to lose by getting it wrong.

AMR

daqq

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116909-What-do-you-not-understand-wit5h-theswe-verses&p=4672474&viewfull=1#post4672474

One's eternal destination is at stake here, so there is plenty to gain and everything to lose by getting it wrong.

AMR

Funny, your own post which you linked to is nothing more than a laundry list of accusations designed to tear a person to shreds.
However the one theological statement which you actually did make contradicts the clear plain Testimony of Yeshua:

Sadly, to the shame of Our Lord's Bride,

Luke 12:35-46 KJV
35 Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
36 And
ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Dear unbeliever; stop beating your fellow servants over the head with your church traditions: the Master is coming and you are not his, ehem, "bride". Acquit yourself like a man, (1 Corinthians 16:13), for the night is coming where no man can work.

csuguy

AMR

Thanks for popping in AMR. As is my custom I'll invite you to back-up your claim that one's eternal destination hinges upon acceptance (and understanding?) of the Trinity doctrine as the proper metaphysical description of God and the relations between the Father, Son, and HS. Feel free to show us from the Word of God where it proclaims that one's salvation is dependent upon this. Personally, I consider knowing God's will and character far more important than such an abstract and inapplicable a doctrine. Not to say it's not interesting to study and debate.

I'll ignore your continued personal attacks against me; but I would advise against continuing this practice as it undermines your desire of having others view you as an educated, wise man who knows the answers. You do yourself far more harm than me.

If you choose not to respond that is fine too; in which case I wish you the best AMR. God Bless.

marhig

I really enjoy your posts also, but we do disagree on when Jesus became the Christ. Heb 10:5 is clear that a body was made for the express image. Jesus was baptized at age thirty, and started his preaching then. God declared him then, and so did Satan who tempted him.

I agree, that he came in a flesh body and that he was the express image of God. I have said before, that's why he was Emmanuel, God with us, because he was in the express image of the living God, so everyone could see God through him completely, so God was with them through Jesus.

Jesus didn't do his will, but the will of the father who sent him. So the fleshly nature of Jesus was gone, dead the to flesh, and God lived through him. He was dead to the world but alive in God, and Jesus, when being tempted always denied Satan completely and didn't sin. He was a pure and holy living sacrifice for the living God, doing only the will of God and denying himself and didn't give in to temptation. And God gave him the fullness of his spirit.

I believe Gods spirit was always with him, because it says that he grew strong in spirit when he was a child. But it was his time at the age of 30 to go and preach the word of God, and God gave him the full power of the spirit to do so.

John 5: 19-20

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 5: 26-27

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 5:30

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 8

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.*

1 Corinthians 11

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman*is*the man; and the head of Christ*is*God

So, God is the God of Jesus also, as he is the head of Christ but I think you and I agree on the verses above :)

Elia

AMR

Bs"d

In that case you better go by what the Bible teaches, and that is that GOD IS ONE!

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

Y-H-W-H, the one and only God who is one.

Beside Him there is no God, no Buddha, no Christ, no David Koresh; NOBODY.

Whoever worships anything or anybody else than Y-H-W-H is an IDOL WORSHIPPER.

Elia

I agree, that he came in a flesh body and that he was the express image of God. I have said before, that's why he was Emmanuel, God with us

Bs"d

He was not Immanuel, and his name was not Immanuel.

“This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no god.
Isaiah 44:6

marhig

Bs"d

He was not Immanuel, and his name was not Immanuel.

“This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no god.
Isaiah 44:6
Oh yes he is, and the spirit God was with us through Jesus fully, he was in the express image of the living God. Can't you see God in his heart when you read the gospels? I can! What man would have a heart like his and have so much wisdom, love and forgiveness if God wasn't with him?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks for popping in AMR. As is my custom I'll invite you to back-up your claim that one's eternal destination hinges upon acceptance (and understanding?) of the Trinity doctrine as the proper metaphysical description of God and the relations between the Father, Son, and HS. Feel free to show us from the Word of God where it proclaims that one's salvation is dependent upon this.
Implicit in the full counsel of Scripture behind the plain teaching that all who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved is the fact of exactly who the Lord is, hence that which is implied by his name. Calling upon someone who is a super-human man, a great teacher, and so forth is but calling upon an intellectual idol and worshiping said idol. Idolatry will not save anyone. Calling upon the Lord using your view of the Lord is but calling upon one of the many moon gods troubling the true Christian faith today. If Christianity means Our Lord is not truly God, then Christians have no claim against all the other pagan views of God from the past or today. Only Christianity lays claim to the teachings of Scripture that its Savior is God who once walked among us. Deny that and you are merely walking along with the Hindu, Buddhist, JW, and other pagan/Gnostic religions.

Scripture teaches us exactly who Jesus Christ is:
God having taken up a human nature. Our Lord Jesus Christ was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second subsistence of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused. The Arian, like yourself denies the full divinity of Jesus Christ. The mystical union of the divine and human natures of Our Lord is not:

1. a denial that our Lord was truly God (Ebionites, Elkasites, Arians);
2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
3. a denial that our Lord had a genuine human soul (Apollinarians);
4. a denial of a distinct subsistence in the Trinity (Dynamic Monarchianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
7. two distinct subsistences (often called persons) (Nestorianism);
8. a denial of the true humanity of Christ (docetism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that our Lord existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

AMR

keypurr

I agree, that he came in a flesh body and that he was the express image of God. I have said before, that's why he was Emmanuel, God with us, because he was in the express image of the living God, so everyone could see God through him completely, so God was with them through Jesus.

Jesus didn't do his will, but the will of the father who sent him. So the fleshly nature of Jesus was gone, dead the to flesh, and God lived through him. He was dead to the world but alive in God, and Jesus, when being tempted always denied Satan completely and didn't sin. He was a pure and holy living sacrifice for the living God, doing only the will of God and denying himself and didn't give in to temptation. And God gave him the fullness of his spirit.

I believe Gods spirit was always with him, because it says that he grew strong in spirit when he was a child. But it was his time at the age of 30 to go and preach the word of God, and God gave him the full power of the spirit to do so.

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 8

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.*

1 Corinthians 11

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman*is*the man; and the head of Christ*is*God

So, God is the God of Jesus also, as he is the head of Christ but I think you and I agree on the verses above :)
We are reading the same Bible my friend. You see what I see most of the time.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

In that case you better go by what the Bible teaches, and that is that GOD IS ONE!

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

Y-H-W-H, the one and only God who is one.

Beside Him there is no God, no Buddha, no Christ, no David Koresh; NOBODY.

Whoever worships anything or anybody else than Y-H-W-H is an IDOL WORSHIPPER.

One, and God Absolute is the source and center of his created, divine, subordinate beings. To see any divine offspring is to see the One manifest. They are all unified in oneness.

csuguy

Implicit in the full counsel of Scripture behind the plain teaching that all who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved is the fact of exactly who the Lord is, hence that which is implied by his name. Calling upon someone who is a super-human man, a great teacher, and so forth is but calling upon an intellectual idol and worshiping said idol. Idolatry will not save anyone. Calling upon the Lord using your view of the Lord is but calling upon one of the many moon gods troubling the true Christian faith today. If Christianity means Our Lord is not truly God, then Christians have no claim against all the other pagan views of God from the past or today. Only Christianity lays claim to the teachings of Scripture that its Savior is God who once walked among us. Deny that and you are merely walking along with the Hindu, Buddhist, JW, and other pagan/Gnostic religions.

The Trinity Doctrine is an attempt at describing the metaphysical relations between the Father, Son, and HS. Regardless of whether it is true or false, we are speaking of the same Father, Son, and HS; the same God. Acceptance/rejection of the Trinity Doctrine does not alter God's character or will, it does not change love or morality, it does not change the Gospel or our calling as Christians. Trinitarian or not, we both worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Learn from Paul, who recognized that though the Christians were enemies with the Jews in terms of the Gospel, yet they still were God's people and worshiped the same God. And those same Jews most certainly were not Trinitarians. You and I both accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, we both believe the Gospel and seek to know God - between us there is much less at stake.

Furthermore, if the Trinity Doctrine were so important to our salvation then why would it not be explicitly laid out in scripture? Why would the biblical authors leave out the key bit of information needed to partake in the salvation they proclaimed? Perhaps if the scriptures made similar doctrinal matters salvific then you might be able to make a loose case for it - but the scriptures don't. What matters to God is not that we accept enigmatic metaphysical theories of God's composition, but rather what we do, how we live our lives, how we treat one another, whether we act according to or against his will. These are the things we will be judged by, these are what salvation hinges upon.

Scripture teaches us exactly who Jesus Christ is:
God having taken up a human nature. Our Lord Jesus Christ was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second subsistence of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused. The Arian, like yourself denies the full divinity of Jesus Christ. The mystical union of the divine and human natures of Our Lord is not

That's the question, isn't it? You've made many assertions in your post here, but haven't backed them up. You and I both know that there are scriptures that can be used to back either position. For instance, the following passage clearly differentiates Christ from God:

1 Cor 15:20-28 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.​

While we've had many discussions over such scriptures, I think the most important thing to establish is the (un)importance of the Trinitarian Doctrine rather than its veracity. It's easy to assert such-and-such is salvific, but establishing that it is so is much more of a challenge - and ultimately much more meaningful. Please establish from the scriptures that the Trinity is required for salvation. Also clarify whether understanding the Trinity is required, or if simple acceptance to the creed without understanding is sufficient?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We are reading the same Bible my friend. You see what I see most of the time.

Then you clearly see the Trinity being taught in your Bible keyp. Good for you. You have a good 20 years left to celebrate the Trinity. I'm glad you finally recognized the Trinity is correct doctrine for the Church and all Christians. Good job for accepting the truth

Last edited:

keypurr

Then you clearly see the Trinity being taught in your Bible keyp. Good for you. You have a good 20 years left to celebrate the Trinity. I'm glad you finally recognized the Trinity is correct doctrine for the Church and all Christians. Good job for accepting the truth
Patrick, my brother, there is no trinity taught in the Bible unless you write your own.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

John 8

1 Corinthians 11

We do agree on most things.

But I see Jesus being possessed by the spirit son at his baptism. I am not sure you think that way also. I also feel that this express image is a creation for all images are creations. And a creation can go to the cross for us. God can not die so it would be impossible for Jesus to be God. However the spirit in him is a form or copy of God. You may think that I am stretching things but I am sincere in my thoughts.

Blessing friend

marhig

We do agree on most things.

But I see Jesus being possessed by the spirit son at his baptism. I am not sure you think that way also. I also feel that this express image is a creation for all images are creations. And a creation can go to the cross for us. God can not die so it would be impossible for Jesus to be God. However the spirit in him is a form or copy of God. You may think that I am stretching things but I am sincere in my thoughts.

Blessing friend

Hiya keypurr :)

Well that's different :) we do believe a bit different don't we? Thank you for explaining your beliefs. Ok here's mine.

I believe, that Christ was a spirit before he came into flesh and I believe that he was a spirit that came into flesh like you and i, and that he is Gods son.

I believe that we're here for a reason, I believe that we've done wrong and we're in this sinful flesh, I believe that this flesh is some form of hell, because Satan's here and because Satan is the ruler of this flesh, we are dust, and I believe our flesh is the dust that Satan crawls in and the flesh is his food and when we obey him and sin, we feed him, it's his domain, he is our stumblingblock and he continually tries to get us to fall away from God, but if we keep our faith and don't forget God and turn away and don't start obeying our fleshly lusts and go back lusting after the world, then he's got no hope, because God has us, and Satan won't have a hope of getting to us, he can only bruise our heal, which is the lowest part, our flesh, but he can't touch our life.

So I believe we've sinned, it says in the Bible that Jesus knew no sin but became sin for us. I believe this means he came into this flesh and experienced temptation and he had a fleshly will but he denied it all, to do Gods will. I believe he came and bore his cross like he told us to bare ours, i don't believe that Jesus would ask us to do anything that he didn't do himself, so I believe that he experienced life just we do, but we fall to Satan, he never did. I believe that Jesus went through all he went through to show us the way back to God, which is through love. He came to be a witness to the truth, he is the light. If we are in darkness, we see nothing, outer darkness, nothing at all and we are far from God, God wants us back and Jesus is the light and that way back, so he brings us from darkness to light, from being dead in God to life and he's reconciled us to God by being dead to the flesh and alive in God showing us the way and to be with God, we are to follow him and once we do, the holy spirit which God gives us, starts to put our flesh to death, he circumscises our hearts.

It says in the Bible that it is the life of Christ that saves us. And I believe that once we lay down our lives and believe in him, repent and have faith, were saved from our past sins, i don't believe that we are saved from our future sins and that we are going to heaven already, it says in the Bible that if we endure to the end we will be saved, but, I believe if we have the spirit within our hearts, then God is saving us daily from Satan giving us the strength through Christ to overcome him. But we must remain faithful and turn away from the lusts of the flesh to overcome the world, and through Christ this is possible.

So once we repent, we then have to try not to sin, we are to go sin no more and obey God, I see that this means to stop wilfully sinning, we all sin, but we shouldn't be wilfully sinning, because by doing this, we are going against God, because we know it's wrong to do it. Once we repent, we then in faith, follow Jesus, and walk the walk, and bare our cross as Jesus bore his and deny ourselves as he denied his will, and live for God. We are then blessed with and walking in the spirit who will teach us everything of God we need to know. Depending how far we are willing to go, the more we deny ourselves and walk away from our lusts and turn from the world and towards God, keeping him in our thoughts and mind and loving and trusting him in faith, the stronger we become in the spirit.

God is love, and Christ is in his express image. God wants us back, and Jesus came and showed us the way and the life back to God. He is the truth. He's a mirror image of the father, like when you see image from the sky above in a still pool of water, i believe that we saw God in Jesus like this, a reflection of the living God, shining his light in this dark world to show us the way back to God, and if we want to be alive in God, we are to follow him.

I see that we have a spirit within this flesh, thats us, we are just housed in this temporary prison, Christ is a spirit also, he came into this flesh to show us the way. But he was anointed of God, and grew stronger in the holy spirit from a child until it was his time to go and preach. It says in the Bible that he was conceived by the spirit, so the father has always been with him, and he did everything to please the father and the father never left him, not once, he came denying his own will to do the will of God to bring us the truth and to show us the way back to God he is the life.

But saying all that, I believe that I only know a raindrop worth of water out of a whole storm worth of rain. God has a higher mind than we can ever imagine. His ways are not our ways our flesh wars, his way is love, the only thing he wants dead is sin. And when he trusts us, he opens our hearts and waters them with his word and puts sin to death so he can live within us. Taking care of us and walking with us, and he'll never forsake us.

Thank you for reading such a long post :)

keypurr

Hiya keypurr :)

Well that's different :) we do believe a bit different don't we? Thank you for explaining your beliefs. Ok here's mine.

I believe, that Christ was a spirit before he came into flesh and I believe that he was a spirit that came into flesh like you and i, and that he is Gods son.

I believe that we're here for a reason, I believe that we've done wrong and we're in this sinful flesh, I believe that this flesh is some form of hell, because Satan's here and because Satan is the ruler of this flesh, we are dust, and I believe our flesh is the dust that Satan crawls in and the flesh is his food and when we obey him and sin, we feed him, it's his domain, he is our stumblingblock and he continually tries to get us to fall away from God, but if we keep our faith and don't forget God and turn away and don't start obeying our fleshly lusts and go back lusting after the world, then he's got no hope, because God has us, and Satan won't have a hope of getting to us, he can only bruise our heal, which is the lowest part, our flesh, but he can't touch our life.

So I believe we've sinned, it says in the Bible that Jesus knew no sin but became sin for us. I believe this means he came into this flesh and experienced temptation and he had a fleshly will but he denied it all, to do Gods will. I believe he came and bore his cross like he told us to bare ours, i don't believe that Jesus would ask us to do anything that he didn't do himself, so I believe that he experienced life just we do, but we fall to Satan, he never did. I believe that Jesus went through all he went through to show us the way back to God, which is through love. He came to be a witness to the truth, he is the light. If we are in darkness, we see nothing, outer darkness, nothing at all and we are far from God, God wants us back and Jesus is the light and that way back, so he brings us from darkness to light, from being dead in God to life and he's reconciled us to God by being dead to the flesh and alive in God showing us the way and to be with God, we are to follow him and once we do, the holy spirit which God gives us, starts to put our flesh to death, he circumscises our hearts.

It says in the Bible that it is the life of Christ that saves us. And I believe that once we lay down our lives and believe in him, repent and have faith, were saved from our past sins, i don't believe that we are saved from our future sins and that we are going to heaven already, it says in the Bible that if we endure to the end we will be saved, but, I believe if we have the spirit within our hearts, then God is saving us daily from Satan giving us the strength through Christ to overcome him. But we must remain faithful and turn away from the lusts of the flesh to overcome the world, and through Christ this is possible.

So once we repent, we then have to try not to sin, we are to go sin no more and obey God, I see that this means to stop wilfully sinning, we all sin, but we shouldn't be wilfully sinning, because by doing this, we are going against God, because we know it's wrong to do it. Once we repent, we then in faith, follow Jesus, and walk the walk, and bare our cross as Jesus bore his and deny ourselves as he denied his will, and live for God. We are then blessed with and walking in the spirit who will teach us everything of God we need to know. Depending how far we are willing to go, the more we deny ourselves and walk away from our lusts and turn from the world and towards God, keeping him in our thoughts and mind and loving and trusting him in faith, the stronger we become in the spirit.

God is love, and Christ is in his express image. God wants us back, and Jesus came and showed us the way and the life back to God. He is the truth. He's a mirror image of the father, like when you see image from the sky above in a still pool of water, i believe that we saw God in Jesus like this, a reflection of the living God, shining his light in this dark world to show us the way back to God, and if we want to be alive in God, we are to follow him.

I see that we have a spirit within this flesh, thats us, we are just housed in this temporary prison, Christ is a spirit also, he came into this flesh to show us the way. But he was anointed of God, and grew stronger in the holy spirit from a child until it was his time to go and preach. It says in the Bible that he was conceived by the spirit, so the father has always been with him, and he did everything to please the father and the father never left him, not once, he came denying his own will to do the will of God to bring us the truth and to show us the way back to God he is the life.

But saying all that, I believe that I only know a raindrop worth of water out of a whole storm worth of rain. God has a higher mind than we can ever imagine. His ways are not our ways our flesh wars, his way is love, the only thing he wants dead is sin. And when he trusts us, he opens our hearts and waters them with his word and puts sin to death so he can live within us. Taking care of us and walking with us, and he'll never forsake us.

Thank you for reading such a long post :)

We are reading the same book. And we see most of the same things. If you agree with me you will be said to be wrong.