The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

The word 'Trinity' is just that a word and in and of itself is not found in the Bible; however, the principle of the Trinity can be found all throughout the Bible --- there is, if a person wants to believe God on it.

It is the same when a husband a wife becomes ONE flesh. People make too much out of the word and they miss the Trinity. The Trinity is simply God being Father, Son, Holy Spirit. If anyone has a problem with that, they will also have a problem with a husband and wife becoming ONE flesh.

====

If anyone is really interested:
http://www.answering-islam.org/Trinity/morey7.html

====

God is One:
Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

Trinity in the Old Testament:
From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), and His Spirit (the Holy Spirit)." Isaiah 48:12-16
Why would one have trouble believing scripture if they didn't exactly adhere to a belief in the trinity?

I'm not a traditional Trinitarian, but have no problem understanding marriage as described in the bible.

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

Rosenritter

The word 'Trinity' is just that a word and in and of itself is not found in the Bible; however, the principle of the Trinity can be found all throughout the Bible --- there is, if a person wants to believe God on it.

It is the same when a husband a wife becomes ONE flesh. People make too much out of the word and they miss the Trinity. The Trinity is simply God being Father, Son, Holy Spirit. If anyone has a problem with that, they will also have a problem with a husband and wife becoming ONE flesh.

====

====

God is One:

From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), and His Spirit (the Holy Spirit)." Isaiah 48:12-16
You demonstrate my point though. Your definition of Trinity was different from the Athanasian Creed and James White version. You did supply scripture but it doesn't say nor require what they were demanding.

In practice, however, you would avoid persecution because you used the word Trinity regardless if your biblical definition matched the creed. The issue seems to be more about conforming than anything else.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
179hp1.jpg

marhig

Marhig, Keypurr

The problem you gentlemen are encountering with your Christology is that it fundamentally denies the man Christ Jesus - and replaces him with some kind of divine being. That is simply not a man - and scripture repeatedly, clear and formally states that Jesus is a man who was conceived. Simple as that. Not need to add church traditions.

This is what I believe

John 4

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit*of antichrist,

3 John 1

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist

I believe that Jesus Christ is come in fresh, the same flesh as you and me. I believe that he could be and was tempted a we are and could sin because he had his own will, but he didn't, he denied Satan completely and obeyed the will of God.

If people say that Jesus isn't come in the exact same flesh as we did then we are making his life of none effect, because if we say that he couldn't sin then he wasn't overcoming Satan, because to overcome Satan is to deny him, and if he couldn't sin, then he wouldn't be denying Satan. God can't be tempted in any way, Jesus was. He isn't God.

I see that he was conceived by the holy spirit, so the spirit of God was always with him, it says in the Bible that Jesus grew strong in spirit as a child, I believe that when he was 30 he was ready to preach and he was anointed with power and strength from God of his spirit fully, so Jesus came with the fullness of God and was in his express image making him Immanuel (God with us) because people didn't see Jesus, his flesh was dead to him because he denied Satan completely, and you saw the spirit of God fully through him.

I believe that God sent Jesus because he could trust him, Jesus didn't have to come, but he was willing so he could be a witness of the truth and show us the way back to God through his life. He came into this sinful flesh to bring us the truth and show us the ways of God, to reconcile us back to God and to save us from sin. And as those of us who are his sheep, hear his voice, we then should then be ready to, deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Jesus. Baring our cross as he bore his.

How can Jesus ask us to follow him and to bare our cross if he didn't go through and feel everything we do. He had to be in the exact flesh as you and me, he had to feel and go through everything we do, if he wasn't able to sin, then he wasn't denying Satan and he didn't have a will, and he didn't overcome world, which completely contradicts the Bible.

It says he wanted to be like his brethren. So to be like his brethren was to be in flesh and blood as they were.

I don't believe that Jesus was God, but that he was anointed by God with power, as it says in the Bible. And that he is the son of the living God, and he is the Christ.

If Jesus was anointed of God, then he's not God but God was with him in full strength of the spirit.

Acts 10

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

By the way, I'm a woman :)

Last edited:

marhig

I am pretty sure they are both holding an Arian Christology. Arian Christology fundamentally denies the man Christ Jesus - and replaces him with a created divine being and wraps him all up in a human body... Not exactly a man....

In contrast, the Word of God clearly, repeatedly and formally states that Jesus IS a man. I am sure you know the texts as well as I do.

He was a man, his fleshly body was the son of man and his spirit was the son of God. Just like my spirit is me and yours is you, but we are in this body of flesh. And he was anointed of God, and received full strength of the spirit of God

It says in the Bible that Jesus learned obedience through suffering, if he didn't have flesh like you and me, then he wouldn't have suffered because if he was God, then he couldn't be tempted. And only Satan causes us to suffer, so Jesus felt and went through everything we do, but the difference is, he never sinned and he suffered and denied Satan.

Last edited:

marhig

====

====

God is One:

My husband and I are one flesh, but I'm not him. Just as Jesus and God are one but Jesus isn't God, they are one in the same mind, heart thoughts and ways of God.

I believe that Jesus and God are one (in the way I've said above), and Jesus says that we can also be one with them, but we're not God.

My husband and I are close, but we are even closer now we have found God. We are as one in heart, mind and the love of God, and we know that the spirit of God, has brought us even closer and made is stronger. We are one in God. But I'm not him and he's not me! Just like Jesus isn't God, but he had the very nature of God, because the spirit of God lived in fullness through him because he lived by the will of God always, denying his own will, and this world had nothing in him.

God's Truth

My husband and I are one flesh, but I'm not him. Just as Jesus and God are one but Jesus isn't God, they are one in the same mind, heart thoughts and ways of God.

I believe that Jesus and God are one (in the way I've said above), and Jesus says that we can also be one with them, but we're not God.

My husband and I are close, but we are even closer now we have found God. We are as one in heart, mind and the love of God, and we know that the spirit of God, has brought us even closer and made is stronger. We are one in God. But I'm not him and he's not me! Just like Jesus isn't God, but he had the very nature of God, because the spirit of God lived in fullness through him because he lived by the will of God always, denying his own will, and this world had nothing in him.

You might not be your husband, but Jesus is God the Father. There is only ONE SPIRIT, and the Bible says the Lord IS the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

marhig

You might not be your husband, but Jesus is God the Father. There is only ONE SPIRIT, and the Bible says the Lord IS the Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Jesus can't be the father, because he wouldn't pray to himself and ask the father to forgive those that crucified him. If he was the father, he would have no need to pray to the father, to ask the father for anything. And he wouldn't have commended he spirit into his hands. Because he would have been him!

Rosenritter

This is what I believe

John 4

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit*of antichrist,

3 John 1

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist

I believe that Jesus Christ is come in fresh, the same flesh as you and me. I believe that he could and was tempted a we are and could sin because he had his own will, but he didn't, he denied Satan completely and obeyed the will of God.

If people say that Jesus isn't come in the exact same flesh as we did then we are making his life of none effect, because if we say that he couldn't sin then he wasn't overcoming Satan, because to overcome Satan is to deny him, and if he couldn't sin, then he wouldn't be denying Satan. God can't be tempted in any way, Jesus was. He isn't God.

I see that he was conceived by the holy spirit, so the spirit of God was always with him, it says in the Bible that Jesus grew strong in spirit as a child, I believe that when he was 30 he was ready to preach and he was anointed with power and strength from God of his spirit fully, so Jesus came with the fullness of God and was in his express image making him Immanuel (God with us) because people didn't see Jesus, his flesh was dead to him because he denied Satan completely, and you saw the spirit of God fully through him.

I believe that God sent Jesus because he could trust him, Jesus didn't have to come, but he was willing so he could be a witness of the truth and show us the way back to God through his life. He came into this sinful flesh to bring us the truth and show us the ways of God, to reconcile us back to God and to save us from sin. And as those of us who are his sheep, hear his voice, we then should then be ready to, deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Jesus. Baring our cross as he bore his.

How can Jesus ask us to follow him and to bare our cross if he didn't go through and feel everything we do. He had to be in the exact flesh as you and me, he had to feel and go through everything we do, if he wasn't able to sin, then he wasn't denying Satan and he didn't have a will, and he didn't overcome world, which completely contradicts the Bible.

It says he wanted to be like his brethren. So to be like his brethren was to be in flesh and blood as they were.

I don't believe that Jesus was God, but that he was anointed by God with power, as it says in the Bible. And that he is the son of the living God, and he is the Christ.

If Jesus was anointed of God, then he's not God but God was with him in full strength of the spirit.

Acts 10

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

By the way, I'm a woman :)

Hello Marhig. I have a couple items for consideration.

First, is to consider what the Jews of that time would understand by "Son of God." When Jesus did call himself the "Son of God" the reactions were "What need we any further witness?" (Luke 22:70) and "Therefore they sought again to take him" (John 10:36). The passage Christ quoted from the Psalms "God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods ... I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High" identified him as the God Elohim doing the judging (the judge of the quick and the dead), not one of the gods being judged. I would also point to Hebrews where "Son of God" is used in another context,

Hebrews 7:1-4 KJV
(1) For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
(2) To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
(3) Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
(4) Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

... but look at the features that are attributed to one who is "made like unto the Son of God?" Without father, without mother... neither beginning of days, nor end of life? Don't be confused by the term "man" as this is not a term of limitation. When God appeared to Abraham in the plains of Mamre, it says that he saw three men. Two of these men descended upon Sodom to visit Lot and are then identified as angels. The term "man" can simply mean "on in the form of a man." So if the Son of God has neither beginning nor end of days nor end of life, what does that imply about Jesus?

The second point is a continuation of something you said. You said that God sent Jesus because he could trust him. Now I cannot say if you are of a normal (what I consider normal) or a Calvinist persuasion, but have you ever considered the inherent danger in sending someone with free will to accomplish a task upon which depends the salvation of the human race, or at the very least your reputation to keep your word? If Jesus was not God himself, and if he had his own free will, then it was possible for him to fail to do that which God had promised through the prophets of old. It would have been possible for him to have succumbed to temptation. You may consider the odds low, but even low odds when compared to infinite disaster is a terrible thing to risk. If God loved us truly, would he take this type of risk?

Here are possible solutions for this perceived problem:

Choice A: Remove the element of free will from Jesus, either in part or in whole. However, then the problem arises that he isn't giving himself and then he wouldn't be a willing sacrifice. As such anyone or anything could have been the sacrifice. This starts to sound like a problem.

Choice B: Remove all risk from the equation. There's a saying that goes something like this, "If you want something done right, do it yourself." I propose that this is what actually happened. This also agrees with many, many passages of scripture, including this:

"In that day, saith the LORD, .... and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him." (Zec 12:4-10 KJV)

There is also a third item, that of name and identification. If Jesus is not God, then it would be very confusing as to how come the scripture consistently assigns him the names and titles that are used for the identification of God alone. For example, Isaiah three times uses the phrase "first and the last" to identify the LORD God (Jehovah YHWH). You can see these in Isaiah 41:4, 41:6, and 48:12.

Isaiah 44:6 KJV
(6) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

I'll omit the others to save space here, but they speak just as strongly. That name and title belongs to the LORD God Jehovah alone, it is used for identification, there is no other God. Now when we read Revelation we also see that title used, not once, not twice, not even three times as in Isaiah, but four additional times (a total of seven times in the whole scripture, a very nice number.)

Revelation 1:11 "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last..."
Revelation 1:17-18 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen;..."
Revelation 2:8 "These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive"
Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

What is the Jew who knows the Hebrew scripture supposed to think when he reads statements like these? If Jesus rose from the dead then he did not blaspheme when he made himself God, and he that rose from the dead declares himself as the "First and the Last, besides whom there is no other God." Besides that, unlike menservants of God or the angels, who protest when such an attempt is made, Jesus never once refused worship. Is it not written,

Matthew 4:10 KJV
(10) Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

John 9:37-39 KJV
(37) And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
(38) And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
(39) And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

But what is the result when someone worships someone else?

Acts 10:25-26 KJV
(25) And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
(26) But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

To summarize, please consider these:

1) What does "Son of God" mean within the context of scripture, as defined by scripture?
2) Consider the difficulties that a separate "free will" for the promised sinless Messiah (from the LORD God) would imply for the LORD God.
3) Consider that Jesus took upon himself the very names and titles used to identify the only LORD God.
4) Consider that Jesus allowed himself to be worshiped, which is an action in itself that is to be reserved only for God.

Last edited:

marhig

Hello Marhig. I have a couple items for consideration.

First, is to consider what the Jews of that time would understand by "Son of God." When Jesus did call himself the "Son of God" the reactions were "What need we any further witness?" (Luke 22:70) and "Therefore they sought again to take him" (John 10:36). The passage Christ quoted from the Psalms "God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods ... I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High" identified him as the God Elohim doing the judging (the judge of the quick and the dead), not one of the gods being judged. I would also point to Hebrews where "Son of God" is used in another context,

Hebrews 7:1-4 KJV
(1) For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
(2) To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
(3) Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
(4) Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

... but look at the features that are attributed to one who is "made like unto the Son of God?" Without father, without mother... neither beginning of days, nor end of life? Don't be confused by the term "man" as this is not a term of limitation. When God appeared to Abraham in the plains of Mamre, it says that he saw three men. Two of these men descended upon Sodom to visit Lot and are then identified as angels. The term "man" can simply mean "on in the form of a man." So if the Son of God has neither beginning nor end of days nor end of life, what does that imply about Jesus?

The second point is a continuation of something you said. You said that God sent Jesus because he could trust him. Now I cannot say if you are of a normal (what I consider normal) or a Calvinist persuasion, but have you ever considered the inherent danger in sending someone with free will to accomplish a task upon which depends the salvation of the human race, or at the very least your reputation to keep your word? If Jesus was not God himself, and if he had his own free will, then it was possible for him to fail to do that which God had promised through the prophets of old. It would have been possible for him to have succumbed to temptation. You may consider the odds low, but even low odds when compared to infinite disaster is a terrible thing to risk. If God loved us truly, would he take this type of risk?

Here are possible solutions for this perceived problem:

Choice A: Remove the element of free will from Jesus, either in part or in whole. However, then the problem arises that he isn't giving himself and then he wouldn't be a willing sacrifice. As such anyone or anything could have been the sacrifice. This starts to sound like a problem.

Choice B: Remove all risk from the equation. There's a saying that goes something like this, "If you want something done right, do it yourself." I propose that this is what actually happened. This also agrees with many, many passages of scripture, including this:

"In that day, saith the LORD, .... and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him." (Zec 12:4-10 KJV)

There is also a third item, that of name and identification. If Jesus is not God, then it would be very confusing as to how come the scripture consistently assigns him the names and titles that are used for the identification of God alone. For example, Isaiah three times uses the phrase "first and the last" to identify the LORD God (Jehovah YHWH). You can see these in Isaiah 41:4, 41:6, and 48:12.

Isaiah 44:6 KJV
(6) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

I'll omit the others to save space here, but they speak just as strongly. That name and title belongs to the LORD God Jehovah alone, it is used for identification, there is no other God. Now when we read Revelation we also see that title used, not once, not twice, not even three times as in Isaiah, but four additional times (a total of seven times in the whole scripture, a very nice number.)

Revelation 1:11 "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last..."
Revelation 1:17-18 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hadn upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen;..."
Revelation 2:8 "These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive"
Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"

What is the Jew who knows the Hebrew scripture supposed to think when he reads statements like these? If Jesus rose from the dead then he did not blaspheme when he made himself God, and he that rose from the dead declares himself as the "First and the Last, besides whom there is no other God." Besides that, unlike menservants of God or the angels, who protest when such an attempt is made, Jesus never once refused worship. Is it not written,

Matthew 4:10 KJV
(10) Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

John 9:37-39 KJV
(37) And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
(38) And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
(39) And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

But what is the result when someone worships someone else?

Acts 10:25-26 KJV
(25) And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
(26) But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

To summarize, please consider these:

1) What does "Son of God" mean within the context of scripture, as defined by scripture?
2) Consider the difficulties that a separate "free will" for the promised sinless Messiah (from the LORD God) would imply for the LORD God.
3) Consider that Jesus took upon himself the very names and titles used to identify the only LORD God.
4) Consider that Jesus allowed himself to be worshiped, which is an action in itself that is to be reserved only for God.

Hello Rosenritter :)

Firstly, Jesus said to Satan, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. He didn't say I'm not worshipping you, you worship me I'm God. I don't believe that Jesus is God, he is the son of God, as he said himself, he never once called himself God the son, only the son of God and he always gave full glory to God the father. He even asked God to glorify him, because God is his God, and Jesus said himself, that God is the only true God and I have to believe him.

There's too much scripture showing that Jesus completely laid down his life and lived to do the will of the father, and that Christ also is under subjection to God, as shown in this scripture here

1 Corinthians 15

“And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.”

Also, Jesus had to have had a free will, he said clearly not my will but thy will be done. So Jesus had a will, but he denied it completely to obey God and do Gods will. To say Jesus didn't have a will, is to take away how much he sacrificed for God. He gave his whole life up to do the Gods will and obey him and he denied himself completely to do so.

You can see the humble human side of Jesus, when he prayed in the garden before he was crucified. He was praying to his father and his God, just like we do when we go through suffering in our lives, Jesus said, without the father, he could do nothing. God is the God and father of Jesus as I have said before, he said to Mary, go tell my brethren that i go to my father and your father, my God and your God.i have to believe what Jesus says and he says that God is his God.

And I don't believe that because people worshipped Jesus that it means he's God, they saw God in him, Gods spirit lived fully through him as he was in his absolute image in every way. Where do we see Jesus in the Bible say, worship me, or I'm God the son? Nowhere. When Jesus perceived that they were going to make him a king, he ran away. He only wanted God his father to be glorified, and he is glorified in us, when we have the spirit of God in our hearts and others see that life of Christ in us.

I have to believe Jesus, I'm sorry but I can't believe anyone who tells me what to believe unless God reveals it to me that I'm wrong. But everything I read in the Bible points to one God, and his son Jesus Christ. Even the apostles said that God was the God of Jesus, they called God "the God of our lord Jesus Christ" I have to believe them. I don't think that God would have left out something so important as God the son from the Bible if Jesus was God the son. Also it says in the Bible, the father, son and holy ghost. Not God the father, God the son God the holy ghost. That isn't in the Bible.

It says in the Bible that the leaders of the Jews at that time picked up stones to stone Jesus, they accused him of making himself God, but he corrected them, he said "because i say I am the son of God"

Later on when the Jews went to Pilate to accuse Jesus, they changed what they said. They said

John 19

The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God

So they now said because he makes himself the son of God, and they're not now saying that he made himself God.

Also, God sent Jesus, why would he have had to be sent if he was God? Over and over I see in the Bible that there is God the father and his son Jesus Christ, I'm not seeing God the son anywhere.

I believe that Jesus is the son of the living God, and I know he's the Christ. I can hear the spirit of God in his words and he lived to please the father always, and the father never left him, because he is his beloved son, in whom he is well pleased. Jesus came to bare witness to the truth, and bring us the love of God, and he is the only way back to God, and he is the life, and if we are his we will obey God be doers of the word and not hearers only. Walking the walk and walking in the spirit and worshipping God in spirit and in truth and we will be bringing Gods love to others.

I love Christ with all my heart for what he came and did for us, and when I read about his life and what he taught and hear his wisdom, it humbles me, without Jesus laying down his life, I'd never have known the living God and I'm forever grateful to him and I also love the lord my God who is the Almighty God with all my heart.

I hold nothing against anyone who believes differently, I'm just a sinner being saved by the grace of God through faith, and I have no right to judge another, but I have to believe what I see as right before God. And I believe that there is only one God and not a triune God.

Thank you for your post, it's quite long and I'll go through it again and study it properly when I have some quiet time, (hopefully later) I'm just going to tidy up the house now, so im not being ignorant if I don't answer you straight away :)

Last edited:

lifeisgood

You demonstrate my point though. Your definition of Trinity was different from the Athanasian Creed and James White version. You did supply scripture but it doesn't say nor require what they were demanding.

In practice, however, you would avoid persecution because you used the word Trinity regardless if your biblical definition matched the creed. The issue seems to be more about conforming than anything else.

As I have stated previously, people get engrossed in the word, instead of what the word means.

I follow no creed, don't need one, the Bible clearly shows Father, Son, Holy Spirit in the OT, if you really want to see it, and in the NT, again, also if you want to see it, and I use Trinity, triunity of God to express it.

I have no idea what you're talking about being persecuted because of the creed. Persecution comes to those who believe in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary --- creed or no creed --- Jesus declare it so and I believe Him.

I also have no idea as to what you’re saying about ‘issue seems to be more about conforming’…conforming to what/whom?

lifeisgood

I will say it again, Jesus was possessed with the spirit son of God.

The express image of the Father was IN Jesus.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

You, keypurr, continue to blaspheme by saying that Jesus was possessed. Not once but twice.

lifeisgood

However, the marriage is composed of three (Husband, Wife, Children) which are ONE.

Never said we can be God. However, Jesus is God. Now, that you reject His deity that is something between Him and you.

You get Jesus wrong, it matters not what else you get right. You, marhig, got Jesus wrong.

My husband and I are close, but we are even closer now we have found God. We are as one in heart, mind and the love of God, and we know that the spirit of God, has brought us even closer and made is stronger. We are one in God. But I'm not him and he's not me!

God is supposed to find you, not you find God. That is the problem of so many who say they are saved.

Just like Jesus isn't God, but he had the very nature of God, because the spirit of God lived in fullness through him because he lived by the will of God always, denying his own will, and this world had nothing in him.

If Jesus the Christ is not God as you declare, then you have no Savior, for only God can save and the Second Person of the Godhead manifested Himself in the flesh to pay the debt you owe God and cannot ever come even close to being able to even think about paying it and God knowing that you could not pay what you owe Him, He came down divesting Himself of His glory bringing nothing with Him so that He can bring you up to Him; however, He can only bring you up to Him when you believe exclusively, plus absolutely nothing, on Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary. God will accept NO OTHER way of Salvation for NONE other is needed.

Now, you can accept His gift of Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary as the ONLY way to get to God or you can continue to work your little fingers off trying to present your own way of salvation which when compared to Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, and I am not talking about the wooden beam, cannot compare and will not compare; therefore, already rejected.

UNbelief will not accept God’s ONLY way of Salvation which is Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary and UNbelieve strives so hard to provide its own sacrifice.

If the offering was rejected by God, then the offerer was rejected, as well; Cain is a perfect example of this.

There is nothing worse than a false way of Salvation which man is always striving to provide.

The ONLY offering accepted by God is Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary. God declared it to be so in the Garden of Eden.

A person has to be found 'in Him' to be accepted by God. The works of our hands have already been rejected, as God has provided the ONLY way of Salvation He will accept.

lifeisgood

Can't take verses out of its perfect context for all you are doing is providing a pretext.

You, gt, are ONEness and deny the Trinity; teaching that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all one and the same person.

You, marhig, are JWs who also reject the Trinity denying the Deity of Jesus the Christ.

You get Jesus wrong, it matters not what else you get right. Both of you got Jesus wrong.

God's Truth

Jesus can't be the father, because he wouldn't pray to himself and ask the father to forgive those that crucified him. If he was the father, he would have no need to pray to the father, to ask the father for anything. And he wouldn't have commended he spirit into his hands. Because he would have been him!

Why?

Prove it.

God's Truth

Can't take verses out of its perfect context for all you are doing is providing a pretext.
Just listen to yourself. You are trying to nullify the scriptures. You cannot do that, no matter what.

You, gt, are ONEness and deny the Trinity; teaching that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are all one and the same person.
You just spoke of THREE that you admit I believe in. LOL

You, marhig, are JWs who also reject the Trinity denying the Deity of Jesus the Christ.

You get Jesus wrong, it matters not what else you get right. Both of you got Jesus wrong.

You are a silly Catholic. How is it you keep a teaching from the Catholics? A teaching that came way after their many apostate beginnings.

God's Truth

Jesus can't be the father, because he wouldn't pray to himself and ask the father to forgive those that crucified him.

Jesus says he did that for OUR benefit.

If he was the father, he would have no need to pray to the father, to ask the father for anything. And he wouldn't have commended he spirit into his hands. Because he would have been him!

Why wouldn't God's Spirit go back to God the Father?

God's Truth

Marhig is ridiculous for comparing God the Father and Jesus as a married couple.

The married couple might be two joined as one, but they are still two different.

The married couple might become one body, but they still have two different and separate spirits.

Marhig is a Jehovah Witness, or maybe a Seventh Day Adventist.

She doesn't even believe we have spirits that live on after the death of our bodies, so how does she think she can compare the Father and the Son to a husband and wife?

What a tangled mess she has weaved.