The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He is speaking of IDOLS, fool. They are only called and considered "gods" by those who worship them, not by God Himself.

Satan is also called the god of this world.

Is Satan an actual god, a deity? No. That's the title God allows him to have for now because people like YOU serve him.

You are truly disgusting.

You're 100% right on.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Been smoking wacky tabacy again?

John 14:16 English Standard Version (ESV)

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

John 14:26 English Standard Version (ESV)

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

LA can't help being wrong every single time she posts. It's in her
DNA.

musterion

Wondet if some of the folks here are Mormon...Christ is full deity but totally separate from the Father...the Spirit is not a person but more like a force...not many folks believe those things outside of the LDS.

genuineoriginal

For starters;

Matthew 28:19 English Standard Version (ESV)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

1 John 5:7-8 English Standard Version (ESV)

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.

Naming three different persons does not imply plurality or trinity.

genuineoriginal

Are you a duelist?
I believe in what the scripture actually teaches, which is not a Trinity doctrine.
The scripture teaches that regardless of whether there are other gods, we are to worship the Father alone as the only true God and to obey Jesus as our Lord appointed by the Father.
Whether Jesus is another god, or whether Jesus and the Father together make one god, or whether Jesus and the Father combined with something or someone else make one god does not matter since the only relationship taught by the Bible is that Jesus is the Son of God and the Father is God.
As long as I worship the Father alone as the only true God and obey Jesus as our Lord appointed by the Father as scripture teaches us to do, I have no problems.

Unitarians do not believe in the deity of Christ.
Most Unitarians do believe in the deity of Christ.
They just use the common definition for deity instead of the special definition invented by Trinitarians to support the Trinity doctrine.

If you are a unitarian you deny the deity of Jesus Christ.
That is a lie, and you should stop lying about Unitarians.

genuineoriginal

The Holy Spirit is God. Peter calls Him God;

Acts 5:3-4 English Standard Version (ESV)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back for yourself part of the proceeds of the land?

4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? Why is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to man but to God.”

If that is the only verse you have that you believe calls the Holy Spirit God, then you are misunderstanding what it says.

genuineoriginal

I know that. "In the name" has to do with AUTHORITY and ALL THREE have the same AUTHORITY!

That was the point. They are ALL the ONE God.
If that is so, then Jesus went to great lengths to convince His disciples that He was not ONE God with the Father and only had AUTHORITY because the Father gave Him that authority.

John 10:25
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.​

John 5:26-27
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.​

genuineoriginal

He is speaking of IDOLS, fool. They are only called and considered "gods" by those who worship them, not by God Himself.

Satan is also called the god of this world.

Is Satan an actual god, a deity? No.
There are more verses in the Bible showing other gods than there are verses that can be twisted to support the Trinity.

You are trying to believe a minority report instead of the majority of scripture, which means you flat out reject more scripture than you are accusing me of rejecting.

popsthebuilder

You're so messed up, it's hard to even communicate with you.

The Holy Spirit is NEVER called "The Father's power". He is spoke of as a PERSON distinct from the Father and the Son.

ONE name -- THREE persons:
Mat 28:19 KJV Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
If you're not going to accept what the Bible teaches clearly teaches, there is no hope for you to understand the nature of God.
Why do you call the Holy spirit a person? Also, someone said it had a mind as if confined to human thought processes or ability

Is there scripture to show these things?

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

Rationalization at its best. It could be they (you) get banned for
preaching false doctrine? The Trinity is taught in the Bible and you
are wrong. Meshak, G.O. and you are rabid false teachers that
cannot/will not see the truth of the Trinity.
Please don't assume things.

Firstly, I was saved as an atheist without ever going into a church or opening a bible until years later. Basically, false doctrine wasn't jammed down my throat through early childhood like most who actually have been lead astray. Secondly, I do believe in the trinity.

I also know that man is creation. And that worshipping any man as if consubstsntial to the One Creator GOD is horribly flawed and has caused all major atrocities throughout history. Show me where it says the Holy Spirit is a person.

One more thing.

I am a Christian; as such I attempt to spread the gospel, not condemn my brothers to damnation.

You should really put aside your pride, and try to follow the teachings OF Christ if you think he is, and always was, in the flesh, utterly equivalent to GOD, rather than his Son.

You make faulty distinctions in bigoted hypocrisy all while claiming to be a true Christian.

May God guide you.

Peace

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do call the Holy spirit a person? Also, someone said it had a mind as if confined to human thought processes or ability

Is there scripture to show these things?

How many times do I have to post it.

The Spirit has;
a mind, Romans 8:27
a will, 1 Corinthians 12:11
He speaks, Acts 8:29, 13:1
He loves, Romans 15:20
He grieves, Ephesians 4:30
He prays, Romans 8:26

Forces do not do those things, persons do.

popsthebuilder

You're just plain silly pops.
I'm sorry you take the direction of GOD placed on our hearts by the Holy Spirit, by way of the teachings, example, and self sacrifice of the one true Christ lightly.

It is the only subject to me, and I assure you; I do not take it lightly, or jokingly.

Saying I'm silly seems like a poor attempt to not refute what I say with scripture, but to pretend light heartedly, to sidestep it.

It's ok.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Hey pops, you just read what you want to read and discard what you don't like. That's not a good way to read the Bible.
What did you say to me, you...

I will have you know that I have read and attempt my best to adhere to more scriptures than you surely.

Fact is I don't add or remove from the word of GOD, be it through the Bible or other scriptures, or what has been placed on my heart directly by the
Holy Spirit, through the grace of God available to all by way of the Son of GOD.

The entire bible is chocked full of verse after verse about repentance, and truly believing with all your heart and loving with all your heart. To actually believe is to believe wholly. To wholly love GOD is to be without contention in he direction.

So tell me do you habitually transgress against yourself, or the commands of God, regardless of how you received them?

Do you get dressed up and go to "church" only to, afterward go back to habitual sin?

Do you use that tired old misdirection that Christ paid for all sins that you may continue in sin while proclaiming the word of GOD.

I generally have a lot of patience, but admittedly you are wearing on them.

If you can't answer my questions, and stop assuming that you know anything about my adherence to the narrow path, or my reasons, then don't waist out time responding.

I'm here to come together under GOD by way of Christ along with any other I can help. I'm sorry you have a problem with that.

You should really work on expelling that contentious, sense of privilege you seem to be clinging onto so tightly, that the vail of deceit may finally be lifted from your eyes, and then you can actually spread the good news instead of thinking you're condemning others while really only burying yourself.

As always, I wish you the best with peace, the humility has taken a momentary break, for that I apologize, it is needed to be blunt sometimes.

popsthebuilder

If you are a unitarian you deny the deity of Jesus Christ. Are you a Unitarian?

Unitarianism (Dictionary.com)
/ˌjuːnɪˈtɛərɪəˌnɪzəm/
noun
a system of Christian belief that maintains the unipersonality of God, rejects the Trinity and the divinity of Christ, and takes reason, conscience, and character as the criteria of belief and practice
Two can play that. Stop being deceitful

U·ni·tar·i·an

ˌyo͞onəˈterēən/

noun

THEOLOGY

a person, especially a Christian, who asserts the unity of God and rejects the doctrine of the Trinity.