The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God says that there are other gods.

Jeremiah 16:13
13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.​

Do you think He is mistaken?

He is saying that other gods are subservient to him.

Right Divider

Body part
The phrase "in the name" does not indicate a person's name.
The phrase "in the name" is used to indicate someone that is acting as a representative of another person or group.
I know that. "In the name" has to do with AUTHORITY and ALL THREE have the same AUTHORITY!

That was the point. They are ALL the ONE God.

Zechariah 14 describes the Lord's return. Go read it sometime.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That seems to be the core of the problem.
The Trinity is not taught in the Bible, but many people have been deluded into believing it is taught in the Bible.

And yet, in 1700 years of the Church teaching the Trinity doctrine, not a single Trinitarian has been able to prove that the Bible teaches the Trinity.
Genesis 1:1 English Standard Version (ESV)

1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

John 1:1 English Standard Version (ESV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
English Standard Version (ESV)

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:1-2 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life—

2 the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us—

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry but the one creator GOD regardless of preferred name isn't and never was a man. The holy spirit which is Christ isn't a person either.

The Holy Spirit is not Christ;

John 14:16 English Standard Version (ESV)

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,[a] to be with you forever,

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,[a] to be with you forever,

Actually the Holy Spirit is the Father in His Son.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you are a unitarian you deny the deity of Jesus Christ. Are you a Unitarian?

Unitarianism (Dictionary.com)
/ˌjuːnɪˈtɛərɪəˌnɪzəm/
noun
a system of Christian belief that maintains the unipersonality of God, rejects the Trinity and the divinity of Christ, and takes reason, conscience, and character as the criteria of belief and practice

Unitarians do not deny the Diety of Christ, given Him by His Father.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

1Pe 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

LA

Wick Stick

Is the Trinity biblical?
Is the Trinity taught in the Bible?
I find it hard to answer.

Which definition of trinity is being used? Which version of the Bible? Depending how you answer those questions, the answer could go either way.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all taught in the Bible. The exact relationship between the three is not very clearly defined there.

Jarrod

Right Divider

Body part
I find it hard to answer.

Which definition of trinity is being used? Which version of the Bible? Depending how you answer those questions, the answer could go either way.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all taught in the Bible. The exact relationship between the three is not very clearly defined there.

Jarrod
Sorry, but that's just silly.

musterion

God says that there are other gods.

Jeremiah 16:13
13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.​

Do you think He is mistaken?

He is speaking of IDOLS, fool. They are only called and considered "gods" by those who worship them, not by God Himself.

Satan is also called the god of this world.

Is Satan an actual god, a deity? No. That's the title God allows him to have for now because people like YOU serve him.

You are truly disgusting.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Is this the Helper that dwelt with them when the Holy Spirit was not available because Christ had not been glorified?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually the Holy Spirit is the Father in His Son.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

LA

Been smoking wacky tabacy again?

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,

John 14:26 English Standard Version (ESV)

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
John 14:26 English Standard Version (ESV)
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Is this the same Holy Spirit that conceived Jesus?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since the Holy Spirit is the power by which the Father caused Jesus' conception, obviously the Holy Spirit is not a person.

Third posting is a charm?

The Spirit has;
a mind, Romans 8:27
a will, 1 Corinthians 12:11
He speaks, Acts 8:29, 13:1
He loves, Romans 15:20
He grieves, Ephesians 4:30
He prays, Romans 8:26

Forces do not do those things, persons do.