The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't deny the Father, son, or the Holy Spirit, so what are you talking about?

Also; my eyes must be getting bad, but I didn't see anything about consubstsntial, or coequal in that verse either.Could you try again please?

Once again, just so we are clear; I do believe in a form of the trinity. I even believe they are all three con substantial. I even hold Christ equivalent to GOD now that he has ascended to his station with the Father. I even believe that Christ was with GOD as the Holy spirit prior to the formation of the earth.

So what exactly is your problem? Perhaps you are confused. Are you going to condemn me now because I do not hold the son of man(flesh) as equivalent to GOD fully?

Peace
The Son of man is equivalent to God.

Philippians 2:5-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,

6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,

7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,

11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

popsthebuilder

Does Jesus reside in you?
I still sin. Very little, but still.

The Holy Spirit literally saved me from self destruction and damage to the well being of others and has resided in me before and still does to varied degrees due to my own error, which by the way has nothing to do with the interpretation of scripture. I am free to call the Holy Spirit- GOD, Lord, Christ, Jesus or any other term for GOD.

Did you have a point n asking such a personal question?

I am still ashamed at times, not to proclaim the Lord as my saviour, but of my own stumbling regardless of God's direction placed on my soul.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I still sin. Very little, but still.

The Holy Spirit literally saved me from self destruction and damage to the well being of others and has resided in me before and still does to varied degrees due to my own error, which by the way has nothing to do with the interpretation of scripture. I am free to call the Holy Spirit- GOD, Lord, Christ, Jesus or any other term for GOD.

Did you have a point n asking such a personal question?

I am still ashamed at times, not to proclaim the Lord as my saviour, but of my own stumbling regardless of God's direction placed on my soul.

I did not mean for you to expand. A simple yes or no would have prompted the next response on my part

popsthebuilder

The NT, just like the OT, is clear that we need to worship God as He has revealed Himself – which is Triune.

Paul clearly distanced himself from his unbelieving Jewish brethren by his following belief declaration:

But I confess this to you that according to the Way, which they say is a sect, so I worship the ancestral God believing all things according to that having been written in the Law and the Prophets, having hope toward God, which these themselves also admit, of a resurrection being about to be of the dead, both of just and unjust ones. (Acts 24.14)

Clearly, Paul builds upon the previous Hebrew prophets and is now able to worship God properly ‘according to The Way’ and according to that which had previously been written in the Torah and the prophets.

Obviously, Paul is able to see what his Jewish brethren have missed. Jews have been in denial of proper worship of God – and ‘The Way’ has laid the foundation for proper worship to God.

Proper worship of God, according to God:

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.
(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

•Father
•Son (Truth)
•Spirit
That's odd... It mentioned worshiping GOD the Father through the spirit.

Didn't catch that third part making it triune.

keypurr

One who rejects the Trinity is not a Christian. How is that for not being deceitful. That is being truthful. If you believe Jesus to be just a man your belief in His sacrifice is in vain.

Romans 3:23 English Standard Version (ESV)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

That's garbage BR. Belief in God and his son is what is required to be a Christian. Christ came in the flesh, he was sent by his God.

popsthebuilder

The NT, just like the OT, is clear that we need to worship God as He has revealed Himself – which is Triune.

Paul clearly distanced himself from his unbelieving Jewish brethren by his following belief declaration:

But I confess this to you that according to the Way, which they say is a sect, so I worship the ancestral God believing all things according to that having been written in the Law and the Prophets, having hope toward God, which these themselves also admit, of a resurrection being about to be of the dead, both of just and unjust ones. (Acts 24.14)

Clearly, Paul builds upon the previous Hebrew prophets and is now able to worship God properly ‘according to The Way’ and according to that which had previously been written in the Torah and the prophets.

Obviously, Paul is able to see what his Jewish brethren have missed. Jews have been in denial of proper worship of God – and ‘The Way’ has laid the foundation for proper worship to God.

Proper worship of God, according to God:

But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. For the Father also seeks such, the ones worshiping Him. God is spirit, and the ones worshiping Him must worship in spirit and truth.
(John 4.23 - 24)

This proper worship is as a Triune entity:

•Father
•Son (Truth)
•Spirit
Son(truth)?

Why is the son truth but not the Father or the spirit?

Y'all should really read the early Christian writings.

Worship and direction under God is simple and not to be confused with or by the faulty doctrines of man based in greed, regardless of how long it has been tradition.

popsthebuilder

Bright Raven,

Philippians 1 (KJV) - ፊልጲ
27: Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
28: And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. Philippians 1 (KJV) - ፊልጲ
29: For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
30: Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me. Philippians 2 (KJV) - ፊልጲ
1: If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2: Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Philippians 2 (KJV) - ፊልጲ
1: If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2: Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Philippians 2 (KJV) - ፊልጲ
9: Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: Philippians 2 (KJV) - ፊልጲ
11: And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Firstly I would like to state that universal consolidation is supported in these verses.

Secondly,

Why would GOD highly exalt himself, yet call the thing it exalted a difetent name than GOD?

The last verse clearly says that all shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord as in Lord, king, ruler, judge, and that this will bring glory to GOD.

Two different things. Look up the word Lord.

It is the highest station of man, and is not stricktly synonymous with GOD, because GOD Isn't a person. Does that mean that the spirit of God couldn't be in a person? Not at all. I personally can't limit God, but I know worshiping man as if the one creator GOD or the Holy Spirit is not right. The spirit that was I. Jesus was of GOD, yet I cannot justifiably say that it we as the fullness of GOD. That would be limiting GOD again. Also man cannot perceive the fullness of GOD so how was Christ- as man, the fullness of GOD?

Thanks
Peace

genuineoriginal

Isa 54.5

For your Makers (plural) are your husbands (plural); Yahweh of Hosts is His name; and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of all the earth.
Those words are not plural in the Hebrew nor in any English translation.

A plural word in Hebrew ends with the ים suffix, which these words do not:
בֹעֲלַיִךְ ba'alich
עֹשַׂיִךְ 'asahich

The ךְ suffix is used for second person, singular, feminine possessive.

Well, I guess you did get yourself owned by putting out false information.

Apple7

Son(truth)?

Why is the son truth but not the Father or the spirit?

'The Truth' is assigned to The Son in scripture.

Jesus is always the subject whenever The Truth is mentioned.

Simple, Biblical truth...

Y'all should really read the early Christian writings.

You should study Greek.

Worship and direction under God is simple and not to be confused with or by the faulty doctrines of man based in greed, regardless of how long it has been tradition.

It is simple indeed.

Worship God as Triune, as He has revealed Himself.

Simple.

Apple7

Those words are not plural in the Hebrew nor in any English translation.

A plural word in Hebrew ends with the ים suffix, which these words do not:
בֹעֲלַיִךְ ba'alich
עֹשַׂיִךְ 'asahich

The ךְ suffix is used for second person, singular, feminine possessive.

Well, I guess you did get yourself owned by putting out false information.

Any Lexicon refutes your ignorance...

....'so apparently plural participle עשָֹׁ֑י Job 35:10, עשַֹׁיִךְ Isaiah 54:5'

Owned.

popsthebuilder

'The Truth' is assigned to The Son in scripture.

Jesus is always the subject whenever The Truth is mentioned.

Simple, Biblical truth...

You should study Greek.

It is simple indeed.

Worship God as Triune, as He has revealed Himself.

Simple.
Truth and deception aren't the same.

The truth is simple, the triune is never mentioned in any scripture, though it does mention different aspects of real Faith which is belief if GOD, belief in Christ, and belief in the Holy Spirit.