The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

JudgeRightly is trying to show you the same thing using Philippians 2:5-8.
Yep, but he is wrong also. The verse speaks about what was IN Jesus Christ not Jesus Christ.

This is what I have been posting for close to five years now. A special spirit was speaking and working through the body of Jesus. That spirit is the true son sent from above, not Jesus.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep, but he is wrong also. The verse speaks about what was IN Jesus Christ not Jesus Christ.

This is what I have been posting for close to five years now. A special spirit was speaking and working through the body of Jesus. That spirit is the true son sent from above, not Jesus.

No, It says that Jesus did not consider it robbery to be equal with God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

keypurr

No, It says that Jesus did not consider it robbery to be equal with God.
Not so BR. It says what was "IN" Jesus Christ did not consider it robbery.......

This is one of the verses most skip right over the words that are there. I have done it myself many times. It was the words "express image" that brought light to me. It hit me like a hammer. Wow, express image of God would be a created godlike spirit.

I know it does not mix with tradition but it has proven to be true in my mind.

keypurr

"Who, being in the form of God"

Does the "form of God" mean spirit? If it does not, what does it mean?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app
Col 1 God shows us that his son is a spirit like himself. The firstborn of all creatures. God was pleased that this son contained his fullness. This son, logos, is a spirit that was IN Jesus. It went into the body provided for it when Jesus was anointed with it. The true son came from above to dwell in the flesh son who came to be the Lamb.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not so BR. It says what was "IN" Jesus Christ did not consider it robbery.......

This is one of the verses most skip right over the words that are there. I have done it myself many times. It was the words "express image" that brought light to me. It hit me like a hammer. Wow, express image of God would be a created godlike spirit.

The exact image of God meaning no difference between the two. The same.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Jesus was made in the image of the righteousness of God. Satan was made in the image of the wrath of God.

Rom 3:21
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
(NKJ)

Rom 10:3-4
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:21
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
Jesus was made in the image of the righteousness of God. Satan was made in the image of the wrath of God.

Rom 3:21
21But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
(NKJ)

Rom 10:3-4
3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:21
21For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
(NKJ)
Heb 1:3 speaks of God himself and the express image son he created. This would mean that the true son at creation was a spirit being like the Father is. This spirit is the logos that was IN Jesus. John 1 is all about the logos in Jesus. The logos became flesh by dwelling in Jesus.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Phillipians 2:5-8
"5*Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,*6*who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,*7*but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant,*and*coming in the likeness of men.*8*And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to*the point of*death, even the death of the cross."

Keypurr, is your eyesight failing you? Try reading the whole passage which I helpfully quoted in my post. The passage is NOT, I repeat, NOT, talking about a spirit being in Christ Jesus. Verse 5: "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus." NOT SPIRIT!!

keypurr

Keypurr, is your eyesight failing you? Try reading the whole passage which I helpfully quoted in my post. The passage is NOT, I repeat, NOT, talking about a spirit being in Christ Jesus. Verse 5: "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus." NOT SPIRIT!!

Mind, word, spirit.

What was IN Christ Jesus? How should we understand this verse?