• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Mind, word, spirit.

What was IN Christ Jesus? How should we understand this verse?
Keypurr, What does "mind" mean? In this context, it means mindset. We should have the same mindset of Christ Jesus, to be humble, to have humility, being of one accord.

The verse is talking about having the mind of Christ (see the verses at the beginning of the chapter).

Mind does not mean word, nor does it mean spirit. It means thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

What is it that you don't understand about the eternality of Jesus Christ.

Define eternal. Never ending? I accept that.

No beginning, only the Father had no beginning.

The Son is the exact image of the Father. So there wad a time when the Father was alone.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Define eternal. Never ending? I accept that.

No beginning, only the Father had no beginning.

The Son is the exact image of the Father. So there wad a time when the Father was alone.

The Son has no beginning or end. If you do not believe it, you do not understand John 1:1, 14.

keypurr

Keypurr, What does "mind" mean? In this context, it means mindset. We should have the same mindset of Christ Jesus, to be humble, to have humility, being of one accord.

The verse is talking about having the mind of Christ (see the verses at the beginning of the chapter).

Mind does not mean word, nor does it mean spirit. It means thoughts.

Is the mind of Christ the logos? The mind controls the actions of the body. If the spirit is in you, where does it reside?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Does not Jesus say that God is a spirit?

And does God not say the born again Son is Spirit?

And did the Son not say we must all be born of the Spirit, he was simply the first to be born of the Spirit by his resurrection from the dead. We're next. At least those who are ready will be next.

keypurr

So do Trinitarians, but we believe that God is echad (one of plurality) Elohim, as is evidenced in the Bible. One Godhead, one Being, 3 persons.

I know what the Trinity is, I believed it for many years. Then my eyes were opened to see that only he Father is God.

Ever question why "godhead" is used only once in scripture?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know what the Trinity is, I believed it for many years. Then my eyes were opened to see that only he Father is God.

Ever question why "godhead" is used only once in scripture?

You were duped into believing false doctrine. If the godhead is not true, and it is mentioned in Romans and Colossians, why is it even there?

keypurr

That is not so. You deny John 1:1, 14. You completely misinterpret Paul's meaning on the Colossians passage.

Nope, I don't. Col 1:15 says he is a creature and that makes you uncomfortable thinking of him as God.

Do you agree that Jesus has a God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope, I don't. Col 1:15 says he is a creature and that makes you uncomfortable thinking of him as God.

Do you agree that Jesus has a God?

Colossians 1:15 says that He is positionally the firstborn of all creation. Of course, I do not expect you to understand that. And yes Jesus is obedient to and loves His Father.

keypurr

You were duped into believing false doctrine. If the godhead is not true, and it is mentioned in Romans and Colossians, why is it even there?

Does it refer to a superior God?

Chief God? Most High God?

Only God?

Christ is a FORM of God, not God. He has a God over him.