The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your not reading my posts BR. The Holy Spirit is an agent of the most high. Like outer spirits it is sent to represent the most high. To lie to it would be considered to lie to the most high. Why do folks pick one verse and build it up to something that is not there. I always try to formulate my thoughts on many verses.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Friend, you can only lie to a personality. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, we know. He fathered Jesus.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 1:18)

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 1:20)​

Right on spot.

everready

JESUS IS NOT THE CREATOR. HE IS A MAN.

CHRIST is a created godlike being. A spirit. Brother, I wish you would give a bit of your time looking over the verses I have posted for you. I Have nothing but your well being on my agenda. I feel very strong in my faith. I only wish to share my thoughts. I can not disprove my faith, I have tried.

Hey keypurr, do you believe it was a man that gave Moses the Ten Commandments?

Don't get me wrong I'm only trying to make this easier for you to understand..

everready

Last edited:

keypurr

It's an aspect of physics: the strong force, the weak force, electromagnetic force, and gravity.

Sounds good to me. I am really impressed.

If the wind whistles through the trees is it a person?
Some would think so.

keypurr

Friend, you can only lie to a personality. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity.

Why did it take the RCC another 70 or so years after they tried to make Christ God to determine that there was a Trinity.

There is no God but the Father.

keypurr

My bedtime friends, I was up early to get my grandson home from college. He is a lot smarter than me. Get gets all A's. One of the computer courses I took at age fifty I got a 4.0 on. I wish I could have gone to college when I was young. In my day we all went to work to help out at home. Not at all like that idiot Trump. So have a good nite and I will get back to you all.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Not only the third person of the trinity, the angel Gabriel told Mary that he is the Most High.

The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35 NASB)​

There has been much confusion as to who was the child's father.

:jolly:

keypurr

Not only the third person of the trinity, the angel Gabriel told Mary that he is the Most High.

The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35 NASB)​

There has been much confusion as to who was the child's father.

:jolly:

What??? Gabriel is the most high???

In this verse it seems that the Holy Spirit is the POWER of the most high. Nothing about a person.

keypurr

This directly contradicts Isaiah 42:8

"I*am*the*Lord, that*is*My name;
And My glory I will not give to another,
Nor My praise to carved images."

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

No one has the glory that belongs to the most high.

Christ had his own glory, as the highest of all creatures/creation.

He sits to the right of his God. The only glory he has is what his God has given him. God made him Lord. God says we will bow down to him.

Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What??? Gabriel is the most high???

No, no, no ... Gabriel is the messenger, Jesus is the son of the Most High.

Some people believe the person Jesus prayed to is his father, others believe a holy Spirit is Jesus' father. However, Jesus didn't pray to the holy Spirit and in Paul's letters Paul never conveyed greetings from the holy Spirit.

The question I have about the trinity theory is why only one person is regarded as holy.

Right Divider

Body part

Some people believe the person Jesus prayed to is his father, others believe a holy Spirit is Jesus' father. However, Jesus didn't pray to the holy Spirit and in Paul's letters Paul never conveyed greetings from the holy Spirit.

The question I have about the trinity theory is why only one person is regarded as holy.

Also, keypurr, we need to keep in mind that the trinity theory is unitarian in nature.
Way to pummel that straw-man jamie the juggler.

keypurr

Because the Trinity is not a true representation of God.

There is no Three person God. Early church fathers were mingling with the pagans which distorted their thinking. The church is full of pagan ideas. Christmas, Easter, Sunday worship, infant baptism, Mary as mother of God. Paganism thrives in the church.