The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

Jesus of Nazareth was engraved with the Father's character which made him an image of his Father.

So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him:

“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.”

As He also says in another place:
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek”;

who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,” of whom we have much to say and hard to explain since you have become dull of hearing. (Hebrews 5:5-11)​

Jesus Christ became a perfected image of the Father by his obedience through his sufferings.

We are in the image of God also, but only one is the express image. And that is a spirit not a man. Only one man was possessed by that spirit being, Jesus. Jesus Christ brought knowledge of the character of God to us. The spirit son came from above, Jesus was born to Mary.

There is so much more to Jesus Christ than what is taught in the churches.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

meshak

BANNED
Banned
But not directly.

Jesus said, "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him..." (John 12:47)

The word "believe" refers to keeping his word.

Still, whether we are being true to Him or not will be judged.

We cannot mock God.

keypurr

You are already too late. What do you not understand in that the creation cannot create. No, the Spirit that moved over the waters was the Holy Spirit. Do you think that He is a creation too?

Denial is not good friend.

It does not say the Holy Spirit BR.

It say the Spirit of God. The express image is a spirit of God.

I think the Holy Spirit is another topic. I have a lot of questions on that. I do not see it as a person. More as a force, power.

keypurr

But not directly.

Jesus said, "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him..." (John 12:47)

The word "believe" refers to keeping his word.

I trust my God treat me right. I will get what he thinks I deserve.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I think the Holy Spirit is another topic. I have a lot of questions on that. I do not see it as a person. More as a force, power.

Acts 5:3*But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart*to lie to the Holy Spirit*and keep back*part*of the price of the land for yourself?*4*While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

To whom? To whom did Ananias lie? To God, as we read in verse 4, whereas the previous verse, verse 3, said that he lied to the Holy Spirit, of course, for the Holy Spirit is God.

Some who reject the Trinity, like various cults, claim that the Holy Spirit is not a person, but an it, a non-person, not masculine, and not feminine for that matter, but a neuter.

But you don’t lie to a neuter. You don’t sin against a force. If you lie, you lie to a person. If you sin, you sin against someone!

And likewise, an object doesn’t talk, a neuter doesn’t speak, but a person speaks.

In Acts 13, verse 1:

13:1 Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.*

13:2 As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”

So, the Holy Spirit said. He speaks. Because He is a person, and an individual at that!

And again: you don’t lie to an object; you don’t sin against an object: if you lie, it’s to a person, if you sin, it’s against a person.

And an object doesn’t speak, but a person speaks.

I realize of course, in an age when millions of people think, irrationally and showing their own stupidity, that computers are becoming sentient, that they are coming alive,
and in an age with our technology and text-to-speech synthesizers, so that your phone can read your emails to you, that it takes just a tad bit more thinking to realize that objects don’t speak, but that people speak.

But objects don’t speak, they don’t get lied to, and they don’t get sinned against.

In fact, you can take a brand new Samsung Note 7, and smash it with a hammer; maybe you claim it was self-defense, so it doesn’t immolate you, maybe not, but regardless, you haven’t sinned against your phone.

It couldn’t care less if you smash it to smithereens because it can’t care at all,
about anything, because it’s not a person; it’s an object, and you can’t lie to or sin against objects, and neither can they speak to you,
if you have hears to hear, and a mind to understand.

SIN: And I’ve been mentioning sinning against the Holy Spirit.

Eph. 4:30*And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed…

As we see in Acts 7, Do not resist the Holy Spirit

And in Hebrews 10, you can insult the Holy Spirit, but of course, it means nothing to insult an inanimate object. If you burn your toast, and you say: You stupid toaster, you should be melted down and turned into a waffle iron! That wouldn’t mean anything, at least not to the toaster. It might mean that you’re a little nuts, but it doesn’t mean anything to the object! :)

Heb. 10:29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

And the H.S. has a will, which, by the way, is a required characteristic of persons. Possession of a will doesn’t mean that something is a person, for a horse can have some semblance of a will. But you can’t be a person unless you have a will.

A will is a necessary characteristic of a person. So as Paul writes:

1 Cor. 12:11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Also of course, we read in John 16, that the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin.

John 14:15**15*“If you love Me, keep*My commandments.*16*And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—*17*the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.*18*I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Acts 5:3*But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart*to lie to the Holy Spirit*and keep back*part*of the price of the land for yourself?*4*While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”

To whom? To whom did Ananias lie? To God, as we read in verse 4, whereas the previous verse, verse 3, said that he lied to the Holy Spirit, of course, for the Holy Spirit is God.

Some who reject the Trinity, like various cults, claim that the Holy Spirit is not a person, but an it, a non-person, not masculine, and not feminine for that matter, but a neuter.

But you don’t lie to a neuter. You don’t sin against a force. If you lie, you lie to a person. If you sin, you sin against someone!

And likewise, an object doesn’t talk, a neuter doesn’t speak, but a person speaks.

In Acts 13, verse 1:

13:1 Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.*

13:2 As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”

So, the Holy Spirit said. He speaks. Because He is a person, and an individual at that!

And again: you don’t lie to an object; you don’t sin against an object: if you lie, it’s to a person, if you sin, it’s against a person.

And an object doesn’t speak, but a person speaks.

I realize of course, in an age when millions of people think, irrationally and showing their own stupidity, that computers are becoming sentient, that they are coming alive,
and in an age with our technology and text-to-speech synthesizers, so that your phone can read your emails to you, that it takes just a tad bit more thinking to realize that objects don’t speak, but that people speak.

But objects don’t speak, they don’t get lied to, and they don’t get sinned against.

In fact, you can take a brand new Samsung Note 7, and smash it with a hammer; maybe you claim it was self-defense, so it doesn’t immolate you, maybe not, but regardless, you haven’t sinned against your phone.

It couldn’t care less if you smash it to smithereens because it can’t care at all,
about anything, because it’s not a person; it’s an object, and you can’t lie to or sin against objects, and neither can they speak to you,
if you have hears to hear, and a mind to understand.

SIN: And I’ve been mentioning sinning against the Holy Spirit.

Eph. 4:30*And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed…

As we see in Acts 7, Do not resist the Holy Spirit

And in Hebrews 10, you can insult the Holy Spirit, but of course, it means nothing to insult an inanimate object. If you burn your toast, and you say: You stupid toaster, you should be melted down and turned into a waffle iron! That wouldn’t mean anything, at least not to the toaster. It might mean that you’re a little nuts, but it doesn’t mean anything to the object! :)

Heb. 10:29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

And the H.S. has a will, which, by the way, is a required characteristic of persons. Possession of a will doesn’t mean that something is a person, for a horse can have some semblance of a will. But you can’t be a person unless you have a will.

A will is a necessary characteristic of a person. So as Paul writes:

1 Cor. 12:11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Also of course, we read in John 16, that the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin.

John 14:15**15*“If you love Me, keep*My commandments.*16*And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—*17*the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.*18*I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Good post but I do not see it as you do. I think God has agents to do his work, Christ, Angels, spirits. And to lie to his agent is like to lie to him. My mind is open on the subject as to it being a he. It more like a force.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Many of your beliefs are in line with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

keypurr

Many of your beliefs are in line with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

If they are somewhat right thats not a bad thing then.

They use to come to my home once a month to discuss why I thought they were wrong on some subjects. Me against six or seven of them. Finely they gave up trying to convert me. But some of them stop by to see how I am doing. Most a nice folks. JW's are not Sabbath keepers, I am.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If they are somewhat right thats not a bad thing then.

They use to come to my home once a month to discuss why I thought they were wrong on some subjects. Me against six or seven of them. Finely they gave up trying to convert me. But some of them stop by to see how I am doing. Most a nice folks. JW's are not Sabbath keepers, I am.

To get back to the basics, God created the heavens and earth. If Jesus is created then He did not create the heavens and the earth and scripture would contradict itself. Only God can do that.

Right Divider

Body part
Good post but I do not see it as you do. I think God has agents to do his work, Christ, Angels, spirits. And to lie to his agent is like to lie to him. My mind is open on the subject as to it being a he. It more like a force.
A "force" does NOT speak and give commands.

Acts 13:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(13:2) As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Your mind is so open that your brains fell out.