The question the Left will never answer

quip

BANNED
Banned
:nono: She is simply asking along the lines,and according to the OP:
"Why us? We don't toss people off buildings, we don't hate people, just are trying to be wise in our actions as well as not excuse 'hate' and other harming sins. Even 'if' hating murderers is bad, isn't murdering worse?"

We believe we know why....."If they hated Me, they will hate you".... but it still comes as a bit of a surprise. It just doesn't seem that yelling at someone to "LOVE!!!!" is that harsh. I realize we are scapegoated especially lately about any sin the Bible calls sin, but we aren't stopping people, just telling them 'it is wrong and harmful." Odd that people would choose 'us' to argue with, persay.

I 'think' that's what she is asking. Not 'that' extreme or 'that' robbed of rationality, is it?

That argument is - in practice - not as benign or well intentioned as it's being spun to otherwise suggest.
Your beliefs do indeed hate, hurt, diminish and aim at prohibiting specific freedoms or privledges deemed sinful or wicked. At the current level of extremity it is not permissible to throw thusly deemed degenerates from rooftops, though by what cultural stop-gap makes this so and by what other means than through freely established, counter-religious (secular) opposition may this be maintained?

MrDante

Sorry, im not gay, cant happen to me.
you didn't say it was gays who are afraid of being thrown off a building.

[/quote]

Steven Crowder in this video here went to the Golden Bakery on Warren Avenue and was told that they couldn't sell him a wedding cake or a cake of any kind because the Golden Bakery only bakes bread. Can you explain just how that is discrimination?

MrDante

It needs to be pointed out to him, its unlikely a christian will be tossing a gay off a building, its almost certain to happen though in a predominately islamic country.
Christians in the United Sates are far mor likley to use guns.

Ref:Waters, E., Jindasurat, C., & Wolfe, C. (2016). Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and HIV-affected Hate Violence in 2015. National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs.

Arthur Brain

"Why us? We don't toss people off buildings, we don't hate people, just are trying to be wise in our actions as well as not excuse 'hate' and other harming sins. Even 'if' hating murderers is bad, isn't murdering worse?"

We believe we know why....."If they hated Me, they will hate you".... but it still comes as a bit of a surprise. It just doesn't seem that yelling at someone to "LOVE!!!!" is that harsh. I realize we are scapegoated especially lately about any sin the Bible calls sin, but we aren't stopping people, just telling them 'it is wrong and harmful." Odd that people would choose 'us' to argue with, persay.

I 'think' that's what she is asking. Not 'that' extreme or 'that' robbed of rationality, is it?

Well that kinda depends. I made the mistake of lumping A4T in with a number of far right wingers who would support the execution of homosexuals. Plenty here however would, and have publicly supported such an extreme belief. Not really seeing much difference between Islamist terrorism and that of the 'Christian' variety in 'principle' here Lon.

glorydaz

Well, I must of came just shy of daz's standard of stupidity. I guess I'll need to work less on it the next time.

Mayhap she can give me some pointers.

If I thought you were in desperate need, quip, I would make it my personal mission. :chuckle:

Lon

That argument is - in practice - not as benign or well intentioned as it's being spun to otherwise suggest.
Your beliefs do indeed hate, hurt, diminish and aim at prohibiting specific freedoms or privledges deemed sinful or wicked.
AND our concern about them isn't fear-mongering, but a genuine belief these are harmful to those, and those around them. You SHOULD know this. If you make Westbro your guide, then you are a sad man. We really are not like that. Even vibrato on TOL, you should take with several grains. You know my angst, for instance, over abortion. I would that we would stop the madness. Will I push people off of buildings? :nono: Blow up abortion clinics? :nono: You'll find nothing in the NT to support it. OT? Only if you are a Jew or a proselyte and I don't remember the last Jewish terrorist.

]At the current level of extremity it is not permissible to throw thusly deemed degenerates from rooftops, though by what cultural stop-gap makes this so and by what other means than through freely established, counter-religious (secular) opposition may this be maintained?
:nono: Not the law. If such were the case, and we thought God demanded other, we'd do it without the concern. Rather, it really is a religion of love. That alone stays the hand. You've heard enough "love the sinner, hate the sin. For all your fearful and afraid, you've NEVER been harmed by a Christian, just been mad because they said "don't." :plain: There ARE Christians who do bad things. There is NO scripture that supports them doing so.
Just tugging at A4T's pigtailscuwhile she offends my shins with her Buster Browns.

All in partisan fun!
If there is a history, perhaps there is a reason for it. I'm just not seeing a reason for it in thread.

Lon

Well that kinda depends. I made the mistake of lumping A4T in with a number of far right wingers who would support the execution of homosexuals. Plenty here however would, and have publicly supported such an extreme belief. Not really seeing much difference between Islamist terrorism and that of the 'Christian' variety in 'principle' here Lon.
I do. One is doing it. The other will not happen. They are talking about voting it in, not doing it themselves. It has never been discussed at length, just sentiments unqualified, that I've seen. Do they mean those who knowingly pass on disease, child-abuse, and the like? I'm not even for it in those cases, but I think I understand the anger. You don't know if any of them have family members who have suffered. I don't either. I try to listen more, judge later or much later...

eider

I have a question, ladies and gentlemen. If Islam is so peaceful, why is everybody so damn frightened of offending them?

And, on the other hand, if Christianity is so violent, as people like Whoopi Goldberg and others tell us, why is nobody afraid to offend Christians?

People laugh at, make fun of, and mock Christians all day long with no fear whatsoever. But you so much as think anything offensive about Islam and they descend on you and they accuse you of violating political correctness and they beg you to shut up.
Rush Limbaugh

Dunno who Limbaugh is....
Where I live we don't make fun of Christianity any more than we make fun of the mythers, Sikhs, Muslims, secularists, bird watchers, feminists, etc. You see, we live in a cosmopolitan country and we despise bullies who think that they can pick upon small minorities. We also despise extremists who want to whip up hatred against any particular faction or culture.

But we can't help making fun of hypocrits....... you see hypocrisy is in and of itself a kind of irony, and irony is great fun to kick at. So some Christians automatically set themselves up for a bit of a laugh.

So tell Limbaugh that in order to try and stabilise our cosmopolitan community in the UK we stamp down on idiots who try to whip up hatred against ANY minorities at all.

But........ but if Limbaugh is any kind of extremist, right wing, white supremacist, white-lives-matter-most, to-blazes-with-benefits kind of Christian then yeah..... He would be open-season here! :rotfl:

Arthur Brain

I do. One is doing it. The other will not happen. They are talking about voting it in, not doing it themselves. It has never been discussed at length, just sentiments unqualified, that I've seen. Do they mean those who knowingly pass on disease, child-abuse, and the like? I'm not even for it in those cases, but I think I understand the anger. You don't know if any of them have family members who have suffered. I don't either. I try to listen more, judge later or much later...

Oh sure, it's not going to happen but that's why I said 'in principle', and after being here for years and seen the bizarre fixation that a lot of far right fundamentalists have with homosexuality then it's not borne out of anger but simply obsession. Puritanical, self righteous obsession and in some cases projection, the likes of 'Just Tom' for example. Anyway, I'm not suggesting you support such measures.

:e4e:

Reactions: Lon

ClimateSanity

Dunno who Limbaugh is....
Where I live we don't make fun of Christianity any more than we make fun of the mythers, Sikhs, Muslims, secularists, bird watchers, feminists, etc. You see, we live in a cosmopolitan country and we despise bullies who think that they can pick upon small minorities. We also despise extremists who want to whip up hatred against any particular faction or culture.

But we can't help making fun of hypocrits....... you see hypocrisy is in and of itself a kind of irony, and irony is great fun to kick at. So some Christians automatically set themselves up for a bit of a laugh.

So tell Limbaugh that in order to try and stabilise our cosmopolitan community in the UK we stamp down on idiots who try to whip up hatred against ANY minorities at all.

But........ but if Limbaugh is any kind of extremist, right wing, white supremacist, white-lives-matter-most, to-blazes-with-benefits kind of Christian then yeah..... He would be open-season here! :rotfl:
Non answer. Here is the question again. If Christianity is so dangerous, why is no one afraid to offend them? If Islam is so peaceful, why is everyone afraid to offend them?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Non answer. Here is the question again. If Christianity is so dangerous, why is no one afraid to offend them? If Islam is so peaceful, why is everyone afraid to offend them?

No one is claiming Islam is "so peaceful"; no one is claiming Christianity is "so dangerous".

Tighten up your terms else, this remains a mere straw-man.

ClimateSanity

No one is claiming Islam is "so peaceful"; no one is claiming Christianity is "so dangerous".

Tighten up your terms else, this remains a mere straw-man.
I hear it several times in news articles. TOLers of the left harp on what Christians have done bad and soft sell what islam has done bad.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

artie, quip and kiwi are nothing more than trolls

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Steven Crowder in this video here went to the Golden Bakery on Warren Avenue and was told that they couldn't sell him a wedding cake or a cake of any kind because the Golden Bakery only bakes bread. Can you explain just how that is discrimination?

those are loaves of bread in the display case? :freak: