The Politically Correct

Jerry Shugart

No one on this site has more consistently argued against abortion or debated with those on the other side of that coin than I have. So whatever is ailing you, attempt to subdue it.

Also, the Cowboys made a huge mistake in squandering what was left in Romo's tank. ;)

It remains to be seen if the gamble to keep Prescott as the quarterback will pay off or not.

And from your posts I get the idea that your beliefs seem to match those of the Democrats and not the Republicans. So you reject the Dems totally because of their stand on abortion?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It remains to be seen if the gamble to keep Prescott as the quarterback will pay off or not.
Romo was playing elite football. They tried the Manning/Luck gambit on a player on less evidence, on a hunch. So far that hasn't moved the needle of post season success. Or, loyalty to their guy couldn't have ended any worse and they'd have looked a lot better.

And from your posts I get the idea that your beliefs seem to match those of the Democrats and not the Republicans.
See, that's you just doubling down on letting your bias make decisions your objective mind can't come to...and while I don't consider myself a member of either, I'm a registered Republican here, because most of the people I like at the local and state level tend to be, especially on the judiciary.

The way it works out on the tests of ideological preference is that I'm about dead center and marginally to the left, driven to that slight edge by social issues. On a scale of 0 to 100, where 0 is the hardest expression of left wing politics and 100 is to the right (this to keep Stripe's head from exploding) I'm about a 49, to give you a visualization.

Just stopped and took the Pew quiz on that point, because I haven't seen it before. A bit simplistic, but I ended up

Your best fit is...
[h=1]New Era Enterprisers[/h]along with 11% of the public.

This relatively young, economically conservative, Republican-leaning group tends to be relatively moderate on immigration and views about America’s engagement with the rest of the world.

So you reject the Dems totally because of their stand on abortion?
No more than I reject the Republicans over their DP position. I reject the positions.

You do realize that every Republican at the top of the ticket has supported abortion in our lifetimes, don't you? Most Republicans, comes to it. They simply tend to cast a narrower net. I'm not ready to abstain from most votes just yet. Do you reject voting because nearly any candidate you could vote for supports abortion in at least the case of rape or incest?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Lovely red herring you're dragging.
Fun facts about that fish:

Its season used to run with elections, but now you can catch them year round.

It's frequently found in the less fresh waters around Washington and state capitals.

The less educated you are the more likely you are to serve and buy it.

Though frequently relied upon for sustenance by large groups of people, it is almost impossible to swallow individually.

Goes well with copious amounts of alcohol.

Smells worse when you think about it more, though in any event it is always more than a little bitter.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

And from your posts I get the idea that your beliefs seem to match those of the Democrats and not the Republicans. So you reject the Dems totally because of their stand on abortion?

He voted for obama

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Fun facts about that fish:

It's season used to run with elections, but now you can catch them year round.

It's frequently found in the less fresh waters around Washington and state capitals.

The less educated you are the more likely you are to serve and buy it.

Though frequently relied upon for sustenance by large groups of people, it is almost impossible to swallow individually.

Goes well with copious amounts of alcohol.

Smells worse when you think about it more, though in any event it is always more than a little bitter.

Eh... recognizing it when I see it doesn't mean I haven't dragged my own red herrings around while totally oblivious to the smell. :eek: :chuckle: It takes both awareness and effort to avoid, and sometimes even if I was aware I didn't bother to go to the effort to clean it up. It's a human thing, really. No one's immune. :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You do realize that every Republican at the top of the ticket has supported abortion in our lifetimes, don't you? Most Republicans, comes to it. They simply tend to cast a narrower net. I'm not ready to abstain from most votes just yet. Do you reject voting because nearly any candidate you could vote for supports abortion in at least the case of rape or incest?

You wait and see... even when the SC is positioned to do it, the GOP politicians won't act. It's politically expedient to press for votes on a pro-life plank when that plank isn't actually in danger of being nailed down.