The Politically Correct

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So say the hypocrites who were silent when Obama was doing the same thing!
:think: So says anyone who wasn't reared by wolves.

I live in one of the most conservative parts of the country and the people I hear using PC before wading in with embarrassingly underthought invective are largely from the harder edge of the right wing. The liberal sin in this is a different animal. Matthew Wossner, a poli-sci professor at Penn State, had it right to my mind when he said the left is too quick to slather any policy in ideological opposition touching upon sensitive issues of race and gender with charges of sexism and racism, and that the right is too quick to label legitimate criticism as political correctness.

Both errors have the same outcome, stifling public speech and meaningful debate.

Arthur Brain

Yes, us Christian zealots are bad people because we actually care about the eternal destiny of our sisters and brothers. We defy politically correctness when we tell the unsaved that they are sinners in need of a Savior.

Unlike the politically correct crew who runs around telling everyone who will listen, "I'm OK, You're OK."

You're entitled to your beliefs along with sharing them. We often have preachers in the local town centre and they're not carted off or censored or denied the right to speak. Not everybody is obliged to share your beliefs however and once again, this has squat to do with "political correctness".

Jerry Shugart

The liberal sin in this is a different animal. Matthew Wossner, a poli-sci professor at Penn State, had it right to my mind when he said the left is too quick to slather any policy in ideological opposition touching upon sensitive issues of race and gender with charges of sexism and racism

The liberal sin is the fact that the only real interest about race and gender which they have is about getting elected!

The Dems had enough votes in the Congress during Obama's first term to pass any immigration bill which they wanted!

But they chose not to do anything because if they fixed the problem then they would have lost their best tactic which has won votes for them in the past--divide and conquer!

Jerry Shugart

I'm not defending her and if Maxine Walters is all you want to talk about then start a thread on her...

You're not going to defend Maxine? Even though she is the new face of the Democratic party?

That must mean that not all of the liberals have lost their minds, only some of them!

Arthur Brain

You're not going to defend Maxine? Even though she is the new face of the Democratic party?

That must mean that not all of the liberals have lost their minds, only some of them!

Yes Jerry, that must just be it. Thanks for the objective and not at all blinkered and blanketing labelling that's become synonymous with zealots. Good job.

:plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not defending her and if Maxine Walters is all you want to talk about then start a thread on her...

Meh, there is nothing to defend because Maxine did absolutely nothing wrong. It's just more hypocrisy to be offended over Maxine while cheering on or staying silent over what Putin's pick for office STARTED.

My only complaint about the Dems is that they are not ALL following Maxine's lead.

Go Maxine.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Meh, there is nothing to defend because Maxine did absolutely nothing wrong. It's just more hypocrisy to be offended over Maxine while cheering on or staying silent over what Putin's pick for office STARTED.

My only complaint about the Dems is that they are not ALL following Maxine's lead.

Go Maxine.

Trump insulted her, lied about her, and now, after his warning to "be careful" what she wished for, his "supporters" are sending her death threats. Apparently that doesn't bother Jerry.

What Trump said:

Congresswoman Maxine Waters, an extraordinarily low IQ person, has become, together with Nancy Pelosi, the Face of the Democrat Party. She has just called for harm to supporters, of which there are many, of the Make America Great Again movement. Be careful what you wish for Max!

What Waters actually said:

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd, and and you push back on them!”

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trump insulted her, lied about her, and now, after his warning to "be careful" what she wished for, his "supporters" are sending her death threats. Apparently that doesn't bother Jerry.

What Trump said:

Congresswoman Maxine Waters, an extraordinarily low IQ person, has become, together with Nancy Pelosi, the Face of the Democrat Party. She has just called for harm to supporters, of which there are many, of the Make America Great Again movement. Be careful what you wish for Max!

What Waters actually said:
"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd, and and you push back on them!”

I agree with Maxine. We need to see more of what happened to Sarah Sanders ... Pam Bondi ... Stephen Miller. As well as the rest of them. They are enablers and liars for Trump. There is no good reason for them to sit and enjoy their meal when they support Trump's treatment of babies, children ... and everyone else. He has intentionally encouraged violence prior to being elected and continues to divide the country.

They were VERBALLY harassed ... now they are in the company of all those who have been targeted (for harassment) by their boss.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I agree with Maxine. We need to see more of what happened to Sarah Sanders ... Pam Bondi ... Stephen Miller. As well as the rest of them. They are enablers and liars for Trump. There is no good reason for them to sit and enjoy their meal when they support Trump's treatment of babies, children ... and everyone else. He has intentionally encouraged violence prior to being elected and continues to divide the country.

Not just enablers and liars but guides. Stephen Miller is behind this policy, with strong support from Kelly.

I was reading about a mother taken from her children in a raid on a landscaping company in Ohio, where the workers were lured to the break room by undercover ICE agents offering free donuts. The hundreds of workers were formed into two lines, those with documents and those without. That scenario remind you of anything?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not just enablers and liars but guides. Stephen Miller is behind this policy, with strong support from Kelly.

I was reading about a mother taken from her children in a raid on a landscaping company in Ohio, where the workers were lured to the break room by undercover ICE agents offering free donuts. The hundreds of workers were formed into two lines, those with documents and those without. That scenario remind you of anything?

Yep ... and these incidents and the administration will go down in the history books as similar leaders and administrations. Nixon, slavery, lynchings, Benedict Arnold, etc.

rexlunae

Go Maxine.

I've been lowkey pushing for Maxine Waters to be the next Speaker of the House. She's one of the few Democrats who matches the clarity and conviction of the anti-Trump ex-Republicans (Richard Painter, Steve Schmidt, etc.)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The liberal sin is the fact that the only real interest about race and gender which they have is about getting elected!
That's a silly thing to say and it marginalizes/contextualizes your zealotry. Which means the only people you're going to move with that nonsense is people who are already standing beside you. No, the critique of both parties seems apt to me, standing outside of them and suspicious of both, while retaining hope that national self-interest may yet overwhelm the pettier sort.