The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God gave us Christ's Church. but not all will choose to accept the gift.

some will say the gift is surrounded by sinners, so i cannot accept it..

__

Accept scripture. What does scripture say;

John 3:16Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

StanJ

The Bible has its own hermeneutic, that is we are to compare scripture with scripture
to come to Truth 1 Cor 2:13. God is Spirit John 4:24 and thus His Word is also Spiritual.
The Elect, Election of Grace, Christ's Sheep, Christ's Church, Bride of Christ, the Body of Christ,
His People He came to save Mat. 1:21, Israel He Promised to Save Is. 45:17...
These are all one and the same!

No, YOU have your own kind of hermeneutic, it's called EISEGESIS.
That was Paul, who sat under Jesus to learn...NOT you. I don't have a problem with what Jesus and Paul taught.

Yes the Elect, as all the examples you've itemized, are believers. None of them are nonbelievers. You can ONLY be one of the elect WHEN you believe. No such thing as a person being the elect when they are NOT saved.
If you actually understood basic English, you would know that, but sadly, the opposite is very evident.

StanJ

God gave us Christ's Church. but not all will choose to accept the gift.

some will say the gift is surrounded by sinners, so i cannot accept it..

God gave us His Son Jesus, who became the Christ when He died. Jesus showed us what the foundation of His church was in Matthew 16:16-18 (NIV)

His followers (Christians) are the church. The church is NOT an institution or a building.

beloved57

Who does Christ specifically say He died for here ?

Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Now does Christ know all men to be His Sheep in light og Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Now does Christ know all men to be His Sheep in light og Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
You ignore the simplicity of the Gospel;

John 3:16 Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

beloved57

You ignore the simplicity of the Gospel;

John 3:16 Modern English Version (MEV)

You ignored my post! And you don't believe or understand John 3:16 !

Nanja

Thanks! I just tell them to read my Threads! But that is what they evade, then turn around and ask me a question about it!

Yep, that's what they do.

So, I thought I'd just nip that one right in the bud for 'ya! ☺

~~~~~

Nanja

It's as relevant as I want it to be, given I asked the question. If you have an actual opinion that doesn't involve parroting B57, then by all means, voice it.

Then a poor judge of that you are.

Originally Posted by StanJ
You do a LOT of that B57...but maybe you can enlighten us as to WHAT John 3:16 (NIV) IS saying

Answer to your question:

Originally Posted by Nanja
The World of Jn 3:16-17 !

Part 1 thru 3:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...?p=4327237#892
----------

I thoroughly studied that 3 Part series on The World of John 3:16-17 and know that it answers your question posed in post #900.

So, my opinion is that you're not interested in truly learning what that verse is saying, but only in parroting your false freewill theology. :nono:

~~~~~

StanJ

Then a poor judge of that you are.

That's NOT an answer, and are these your words or B57's?

I thoroughly studied that 3 Part series on The World of John 3:16-17 and know that it answers your question posed in post #900

Apparently not thoroughly enough to actually make an INFORMED opinion.

So, my opinion is that you're not interested in truly learning what that verse is saying, but only in parroting your false freewill theology.

Like I said, NOT an INFORMED opinion.