ECT The Most Misunderstood Passage in the Bible--Romans 5:12-18

Jerry Shugart

Corruption is a progressive state. Ever watched a corpse corrupt? It ALWAYS goes from bad to worse.

When a person is corrupted his condition goes from good to bad. And once corrupted it is impossible to go from good to bad again because the condition is already bad. A person's condition can get worse but he can no longer be corrupted again.

So if a person is born corrupt then it is impossible that he can be corrupted again later. So we can know for certain that no one is born with a corrupt nature because people corrupt themselves:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves"
(Ex.32:7).​

Last edited:

glorydaz

When a person is corrupted his condition goes from good to bad. And once corrupted it is impossible to go from good to bad again because the condition is already bad. A person's condition can get worse but he can no longer be corrupted again.

So if a person is born corrupt then it is impossible that he can be corrupted again later. So we can know for certain that no one is born with a corrupt nature because people corrupt themselves:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves"

:thumb:

glorydaz

I've been watching and have seen [MENTION=15326]intojoy[/MENTION] attacking [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] and you as well. Danoh... you teach a type of flesh expectation and exaltation just like others that are derailing this thread.

This statement is so far skewed from reality on your part, I'm pointing it out.

- EE

Well, I thank you for noticing and especially for pointing it out. There is a history there as you might well imagine.

What's interesting is I've had my disagreements with Jerry as well, but Jerry is actually mature enough to not let that affect every discussion we have. :)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Would you kindly submit a verse that says... "Adam's sin was "imputed" to all mankind"... that overturns the many verses that counter your assertion... that have been submitted by your argumentative opponents. They are many. Perhaps you could back your assertion up with a scripture?

The obvious verbal counter argument to your false statement is bound to verses like this... Ezek. 18:20 ... and Romans 3:23...

How does the "dead" soul... "Die" from sin and how does one Fall that has "nowhere" to "fall"?

Every man sins and fails. Thus every man needs Christ. Christ did away with the condemnation of the Law (Rm. 8:3.. Rm. 8:1) ... but He did not impute sin upon mankind via the sin of Adam... (1 Co. 15:22) seems to be your winning lotto ticket... but... uh oh... "Context"

1 Co. 15:55f - “O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.​

What did Christ do away with for us? (Rm. 4:15)

Hmmmmmm.... You would have to rewrite 1 Corinthians and Romans to change the premise that Christ did away with the condemnation of ... THE LAW ... instead of attempting to say... (Christ did away with Adam's "IMPUTED" Sin.)

Get it?

The law was brought in through original sin... PRIDE. We were duped... And God's perfection was used against us by God's "Adversary".

As the great St. [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] would say... "details".

Here's a detail, Adam was created from the dust and God breathed into him life. Not true of Cain. Adam created that dude. No mention of God's intervention to breath life into Cain.
Here's a detail or better yet let's put you in check shall we?

Adam and Eve could have eternally secured themselves in sin by eating from the tree of life. When did Adam become born again?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I never claimed KJV only.

How can "sin," which is immaterial in nature, be passed down to one's descendants?

Those who support the idea of Original Sin are steeped in the Gnostic belief that sin can attach itself to things corporeal. What a hoot!!!

You do realize you're in check right? It's your move dad. I should call you abba since you haven't blocked me for all the griefs I give ya

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Here's a detail, Adam was created from the dust and God breathed into him life. Not true of Cain. Adam created that dude. No mention of God's intervention to breath life into Cain.

Eccl. 12:7 ... You were saying?

Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it

Those "commentaries", that come in the Cracker Kack boxes will get ya every time.

Ahem... # Playa

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
People corrupt themselves:

It is impossible to corrupt things which are already corrupt!

Building a theological doctrine based upon a historical event where Israel was guilty of a specific sin? Weak

glorydaz

The corrupted human nature was passed on through procreation, and all men sin thereafter.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:​

Which validated God imputing the guilt of sin and the death sentence upon all the seed of Adam.

Romans 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;​

All the way back to Adam. These are the dots people like to ignore.

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.​

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Adam was created in the image and likeness of the Eternal Almighty. After the fall Adam lived 130 years and then begat Seth, in the image and likeness of himself, corrupt. Genesis 5:3 kjv Adam had many other children, but Seth is named because he is next in the line that leads to Messiah.

See truster, we are often times on the same wavelength

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Those 'commentaries" that come in the cracker jack boxes will get ya every time.

Ahem... # Playa

It goes without saying that God created each of us my son. Scriptures teach this repeatedly.
No answer yet on your check? Mate?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Here's a detail or better yet let's put you in check shall we?

Adam and Eve could have eternally secured themselves in sin by eating from the tree of life. When did Adam become born again?

End of thread

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Those "commentaries", that come in the Cracker Jack boxes will get ya every time.

Ahem... # Playa

It goes without saying that God created each of us my son. Scriptures teach this repeatedly.
No answer yet on your check? Mate?

Please understand... your lack of seeing how deeply you just got theologically slammed is why I'm going to put you on the "baby bottle" list.

Ahem... Milk does a body good.

:CRASH: .. :baby:

glorydaz

Now children are not accountable for their actions because they lack moral conscience so they are not under the law of sin and death However, neither are they spiritually alive in the same way a person who is born again is alive.

Sounds like they are in some kind of LIMBO. But, it's purely conjecture, as are so many things concerning the doctrine of original sin.:patrol: