ECT The Most Misunderstood Passage in the Bible--Romans 5:12-18

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Please quit trolling the thread.

The OP is ignorant and based upon eisegesis not exegesis of the text. There's no substance to the assertion that sin was not passed down from Adam to Cain. I guess it's so foolish that it's more rewarding to troll around than to take it seriously. The notion is absurd. Stink eye!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
After the Fall Adam could not pass on spiritual life to His descendants. He was not a life-giving spirit but a "living soul" and could only pass on the life of the soul and body - psychological and physical life. (1 Corinthians 15:45)Jesus said flesh (biological life) gives rise only to biological life not spiritual life. That is why an entirely new spiritual birth was needed.

…5 Jesus answered “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water (natural birth) and the Spirit. 6 Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7 Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.’…(John 3:6)

If each individual is born with spiritual life then we are all born in a pre-fall state and each of us needs to fall separately. If this were so then some people could choose to remain in a spiritual state. These people could, if they so chose, continue to live a perfect and sinless life. In fact, since these special people are already alive spiritually there would be no need for them to be "born again." They would be like Jesus who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and had God as His Father. Do you know anyone else like this? If there were anyone like this they would not need a savior.

5 He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit. (Titus 3:5 Berean Study Bible)

This is talking about the the new birth. Thayer says:

The "pristine state" of the soul would not be how we were in childhood but to the state we were in when God first made the soul. I have tried to point before that God does not want us to be like we were as children. Children have a simplicity of faith but they are also self-centered and ruled by the desires of their flesh and mind (which is a characteristic of the carnal mind). This internal disposition makes it necessary for us to train and discipline them externally. I assure you children will not behave like civilized human beings if you allow them follow their natural impulses. Just because they are not culpable does not mean that their actions and attitudes naturally express the image of God. Is this the template you imagine God wants to restore us to?

Jerry and the boys here have got a lot of errors and this is a monumental one. They like to claim kjv only and mock any evidence from the original manuscript language and then allow Jerry to quote his sources doing that exact thing, using the original languages to support his dodo theories like MAD, open theism, savage salvation outside from the Bible, and here the ridiculous idea that people are not born spiritually dead to God. Anyways, the only sad thing for me is that there are more important issues, meat issues.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calling [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION]

More dots???
:think:

Romans 5:14 KJV
(14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

1 John 5:17 KJV
(17) All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Adam's nakedness needed covering, but it was not a sin that brought him the death sentence.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
How can "sin," which is immaterial in nature, be passed down to one's descendants?

Imputation.

There is the imputation of Adam's sin and there is the imputation of Messiah's righteousness. The imputation of sin and death were brought into the world by one man: Adam. But because God soooooo loved the world God has offered life and grace to any who will accept His free gift of imputed righteousness.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

More dots???

(14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Adam's nakedness needed covering, but it was not a sin that brought him the death sentence.

Correct. Adam's original sin of disobeying God's commands, brought his death sentence.

(Adam and Eve were naked and without shame before the fall. Genesis 2:25)

The fact that made Adam's original sin different than the rest of human sins, is that Adam was created the Federal Head of the human race. Adam was accountable for the future of all his offspring, so when Adam sinned, he corrupted his entire lineage.

This is vital to understand, in order to grasp why Jesus Christ is declared the Head of His church. Through the righteous obedience of Christ and His federal representation of His church body, all His spiritual offspring are declared righteous.

Truster

How can "sin," which is immaterial in nature, be passed down to one's descendants?

It is passed down through the heart and by heart I don't mean the physical blood pump. The heart, symbolically, as it is mostly referred to in scripture, is the centre or throne of the will. The will is our mental attributes.
Hence, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it"?

When someone insists that they have given their heart to Jesus I ask what they mean by heart. They haven't got a clue. They just repeat something parrot fashion.

Truster

People corrupt themselves:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves"
(Ex.32:7).​

It is impossible to corrupt things which are already corrupt!

Adam was created in the image and likeness of the Eternal Almighty. After the fall Adam lived 130 years and then begat Seth, in the image and likeness of himself, corrupt. Genesis 5:3 kjv Adam had many other children, but Seth is named because he is next in the line that leads to Messiah.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Imputation.

There is the imputation of Adam's sin and there is the imputation of Messiah's righteousness. The imputation of sin and death were brought into the world by one man: Adam. But because God soooooo loved the world God has offered life and grace to any who will accept His free gift of imputed righteousness.

Would you kindly submit a verse that says... "Adam's sin was "imputed" to all mankind"... that overturns the many verses that counter your assertion... that have been submitted by your argumentative opponents. They are many. Perhaps you could back your assertion up with a scripture?

The obvious verbal counter argument to your false statement is bound to verses like this... Ezek. 18:20 ... and Romans 3:23...

How does the "dead" soul... "Die" from sin and how does one Fall that has "nowhere" to "fall"?

Every man sins and fails. Thus every man needs Christ. Christ did away with the condemnation of the Law (Rm. 8:3.. Rm. 8:1) ... but He did not impute sin upon mankind via the sin of Adam... (1 Co. 15:22) seems to be your winning lotto ticket... but... uh oh... "Context"

1 Co. 15:55f - “O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.​

What did Christ do away with for us? (Rm. 4:15)

Hmmmmmm.... You would have to rewrite 1 Corinthians and Romans to change the premise that Christ did away with the condemnation of ... THE LAW ... instead of attempting to say... (Christ did away with Adam's "IMPUTED" Sin.)

Get it?

The law was brought in through original sin... PRIDE. We were duped... And God's perfection was used against us by God's "Adversary".

As the great St. [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] would say... "details".

glorydaz

More dots???

Both of those verses have always seemed to throw a monkey wrench into the narrative when those sections of scripture are being discussed. Now you toss in that little aside at the bottom. Hmmm....

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
People corrupt themselves:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves"
(Ex.32:7).​

It is impossible to corrupt things which are already corrupt!

Jerry! How dare you! Now people are accountable for their lives! If you keep saying this... people won't be able to say that God "willed" them to "sin". (James 1:13). How dare you suggest that God is the "Architect" of "Free Will". (John 8:32, 36; Romans 8:2; Rm. 6:22; 1 Pt. 2:16; Gal. 5:13; Rm. 8:15; Gal. 5:1)

Oh... and while studying to post this reply... I found a nifty little parable that binds to National, Biological Israel... (John 9:1-12) ... but especially (John 9:3) when paralleled to (Romans 11:25, 32) :D

Obviously... I took the adversarial "how dare you" path, to affirm that I fully agree with everything you are saying here.

glorydaz

It is passed down through the heart and by heart I don't mean the physical blood pump. The heart, symbolically, as it is mostly referred to in scripture, is the centre or throne of the will. The will is our mental attributes.
Hence, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it"?

When someone insists that they have given their heart to Jesus I ask what they mean by heart. They haven't got a clue. They just repeat something parrot fashion.

Genesis 20:6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

Jer. 17:10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.