The Most Dangerous Teaching

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
First off, they are going against me for saying they have to obey to get saved; and, they go against me for saying they have to obey to stay saved.

I reckon everybody has to try that first.

How dare they go against you.

Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

Vise versa, just because you see something doesn't mean it is.

jsanford108

Everyone who believes the false teachings that you and your ilk preach will be responsible for all those who succumb to alcoholism, drug addition, sexual immorality, and more.

Everyone is responsible for their own actions. I think this phrasing is a bit harsh, and not exactly in line with what you have said thus far. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

Everyone is responsible for their own actions. I think this phrasing is a bit harsh, and not exactly in line with what you have said thus far. Just my opinion.

Absolutely not.

People are responsible for preaching falseness.

It is more serious than you think.

False teachings gave me much hardship in my life, and to others.

It hinders those who want to be saved, and it even prevents people from ever knowing God.

jsanford108

Absolutely not.

People are responsible for preaching falseness.

It is more serious than you think.

False teachings gave me much hardship in my life, and to others.

It hinders those who want to be saved, and it even prevents people from ever knowing God.

I agree to an extent; people are responsible for what they believe and teach. And, it is a grave matter to lead one astray.

However, people answer for "their works," not "others' works."

So, you are right to a degree, and wrong in a degree. I can't be blamed for some one becoming an alcoholic. I can be blamed if I led them, knowingly, to alcoholism.

God's Truth

I agree to an extent; people are responsible for what they believe and teach. And, it is a grave matter to lead one astray.

However, people answer for "their works," not "others' works."

So, you are right to a degree, and wrong in a degree. I can't be blamed for some one becoming an alcoholic. I can be blamed if I led them, knowingly, to alcoholism.

No, I am not wrong.

I think you misunderstand what I am saying.

There are people who hear the teaching of 'just have faith and do nothing else'.

They think they are saved and then do not even know that they have to repent of their sins.

There are people who would stop drinking and doing drugs if they were taught the truth about believe and repent of your sins.

drbrumley

No, I am not wrong.

I think you misunderstand what I am saying.

There are people who hear the teaching of 'just have faith and do nothing else'.

They think they are saved and then do not even know that they have to repent of their sins.

There are people who would stop drinking and doing drugs if they were taught the truth about believe and repent of your sins.

You really need to get out more...

God's Truth

If you say so Ms. my works is enough...

Let's talk about what you said earlier about if a person keeps sinning after they are "saved", then they need to get saved.

lol

I'm going to go find that post and keep for special times to paste here for you to remind you.

God's Truth

Nice try....won't work...but let's discuss it.

Sounds good to me, let's discuss it.

Here is is again:

Do you even read what you type? I mean seriously. I say if one doesn't believe, HE/SHE will NEVER obey. The disobedience is the proof you don't believe.

You are dreaming.

Jesus says why do you call me Lord and don't do what I say?

They believe but didn't obey.

If you can willfully and knowingly sin against the will of God with no conviction, no compunction, and no remorse, you need to get saved.

Well good for you for seeing that we have to OBEY to get saved.

Do you get it now?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Sounds good to me, let's discuss it.

Here is is again:

You are dreaming.

Jesus says why do you call me Lord and don't do what I say?

They believe but didn't obey.

Well good for you for seeing that we have to OBEY to get saved.

Do you get it now?

You are becoming much better, GT:)

good for you:)

glorydaz

Paul is clearly stating that God will judge us by our deeds.
If you ignore that simple fact, then you will never understand what Paul is trying to convey in the rest of Romans.

I guess you didn't notice the bad news about that.

With or without the law, men will perish for their sins. No matter how morally upright a person is, and no matter how good his intentions are, he is not without sin. Either the law or the conscience stands as a witness against him.

Romans 2:12-15 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Think of it, "the secrets of men" will be judged according to Paul's Gospel.

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.​